Official Wrestling Discussion

geemoney

I've recently started watching wrestling again and I'm currently going on a binge watching classic matches.

Besides obvious 5 star matches like TLC 1-2, HBK vs Taker, Angle vs Benoit, etc. Anyone have any good matches they recommend checking out?

My favorite match of the last few years was Punk vs. Lesnar from Summerslam 2013.

Bret Hart vs. British Bulldog from Summerslam 92 is an "obvious 5 star match", but they had another one in December 1995 at In Your House 5. That one goes more under the radar with a heel Bulldog.

Shawn Michaels vs. Mankind from In Your House 10.

I've recently started watching wrestling again and I'm currently going on a binge watching classic matches.

Besides obvious 5 star matches like TLC 1-2, HBK vs Taker, Angle vs Benoit, etc. Anyone have any good matches they recommend checking out?

Dx vs Big Show and the McMahons Hell in a Cell is entertaing.

Cena vs JBL at Judgement day 2005

Hogan vs Rock at Wrestlemania 18

Punk vs Cena Money in the Bank 2011

Rock vs HHH backlash 2000

HHH vs Cactus Jack Royal Rumble 2000 I think

It was god damn glorious.

I enjoyed the PPV as a whole, really solid matches through the entire card. Ambrose-Rollins was probably my favorite after the main event, they actually made a Lumberjack match entertaining.

That match was amazing [Lumberjack match]. 16 German Suplexes from Lesnar to Cena. Now that ... wow.

They call Brock Lesnar the Beast, but now they have made him really look like one.

All this speculation about keeping him as champ until Reigns at the next Mania. Will Reigns be ready in that time? If it did go that way... wow, what a rub. Beating Lesnar who beat the Taker streak and squashed Super-Cena and was then champ for 7 months.

The only scary thought is that Cena-Lesnar happens again at Night of Champions, but Cena "never gives up" and overcomes adversity to regain the title. That... would not be good.

That was a better PPV than Wrestlemania. So much awesome. Ambrose/Rollins stole the PPV for me, Paige v. AJ was absolutely fantastic, Ziggler vs Miz was actually a fun match, the finish with Ziggler winning was just a bonus, Rusev v. Swagger has so far been one of the best told stories WWE is doing, that entire match and the finish was fantastic. Rusev has been surprisingly great since joining WWE with Lana being a big part, but Rusev has sold like a madman and is perfect for his role.

Wyatt v Jericho was the dud of the night. Just not a good match to watch but the right ending nonetheless. Reigns v. Orton was a decent match. Reigns did his thing, that transition of superman punch to RKO was the highlight of the match. Brie Bella v Stephanie wasn't a good match imo, just sloppy and awkward, but the swerve ending with Nikki turning on Brie was just great. I felt it coming when she entered the ring, but it was still great to see. Will set up Bella v. Bella for the next PPV and likely make Nikki a legit contender for the divas championship.

Nothing to say about Brock v. Cena. Just absolutely stunning and absolutely perfect at the same time. It's the first time ever we've seen a WWE title, 25 minute squash match, and Cena has never let anybody make him look as bad as Lesnar made him look, and it makes perfect sense to build Lesnar up as this superhuman force. Whoever beats him for the title whenever, and it definitely should happen at Wrestlemania, will be in their own rights a mythical god in WWE and probably the most respected champion ever.

Monday is very interesting. Lots of good stories to put together and Lesnar likely doesn't even have to wrestle at the next PPV. I think most fans old enough to understand see that the best thing for WWE is to keep the title off TV, off PPV's and just build it to the point where it really means something of huge importance for somebody to win that title. Somebody needs to EARN that championship.

This also sealed for me the fact that Rollins won't cash in the title until he eventually turns face sometime post Wrestlemania. He's gonna be a 12 month MITB briefcase holder imo.

Well ... Night of Champions ... he kinda HAS to defend.

I understand, but screw it. Lesnar should refuse to face somebody unless he has worthy adversary, with Heyman mentioning in his speech how Cena didn't put up a fight, Lesnar is a conqueror to end all conquerors, etc...

But he'll face Cena at Night of Champions and Cena goes over because in the end Cenawinslol so whatever.

Last night's show was great until the main event. No offense I know people will say cena has a limited set of moves, but Brock used a whole four moves the whole match - punches, belly to back suplexes, F5s and maybe a clothesline - there is no reason this guy deserves to be champion, but i know it is a power move. I just hope it ends quick since this guy doesn't even want to be in the company.

Also him mocking both Hogan and taker last night I wanted to go through the laptop on the WWE Network for just 9.99 and choke him out!!!

Last night's show was great until the main event. No offense I know people will say cena has a limited set of moves, but Brock used a whole four moves the whole match - punches, belly to back suplexes, F5s and maybe a clothesline - there is no reason this guy deserves to be champion, but i know it is a power move. I just hope it ends quick since this guy doesn't even want to be in the company.

Also him mocking both Hogan and taker last night I wanted to go through the laptop on the WWE Network for just 9.99 and choke him out!!!

But but but... Bork Smash!

It would make more sense for Cena to challange Brock at Hell in a Cell or Survivor Series. He took such a beating, why would I tune in to see a rematch in such short notice?

I wouldn't be shocked if they did Batista vs Lesnar at NOC. Its a new match and a pretty bid draw. HHH vs Reigns and Lesnar vs Batista is a pretty good card for a September ppv. The options are pretty limited for this next ppv.

Daniel Bryan is also due a "rematch" isn't he? Maybe Bryan vs Cena vs Lesnar at some PPV?

Do we know how many PPVs Lesnar is under contract for? He did 4 last year (Extreme Rules, Summerslam, Rumble and Mania), so I'm not sure how they are going to make it to Mania with just 1 or 2 defenses.

It would make more sense for Cena to challange Brock at Hell in a Cell or Survivor Series. He took such a beating, why would I tune in to see a rematch in such short notice?

I wouldn't be shocked if they did Batista vs Lesnar at NOC. Its a new match and a pretty bid draw. HHH vs Reigns and Lesnar vs Batista is a pretty good card for a September ppv. The options are pretty limited for this next ppv.

Daniel Bryan is also due a "rematch" isn't he? Maybe Bryan vs Cena vs Lesnar at some PPV?

Do we know how many PPVs Lesnar is under contract for? He did 4 last year (Extreme Rules, Summerslam, Rumble and Mania), so I'm not sure how they are going to make it to Mania with just 1 or 2 defenses.

Lesnar signed through WrestleMania 31.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.