Official Wrestling Discussion

geemoney

[

Cena(and the others) are well spoken, good guys and are/were the faces of the WWE. Cena is kind of like the Derek Jeter of the wrestling. Either loved or hated, he is respected by everyone, never gets in trouble, bust his ass as hard as he can, the captain, perceived to be better than they are, etc

That's honestly the best I've ever heard it put about Cena and it's dead on. I personally like Cena, not a huge fan but I don't understand how anyone can not have respect for the guy. He may not be the best in ring technican, but he tries as hard as anyone and keeps his nose to ground.

Finlay was on Nancy Grace tonight and Mr. Kennedy was on Greta Van Susteren. Finlay was tyring really hard to keep his cool and was obviously upset. He said a lot of good things though but Mero and Grace didn't really give a crap. Kennedy brought up a GREAT point. All the wrestlers that have been dying have all been from that WCW era where steroids were used a lot. Eddie, Benoit, and other steroid related deaths. That is what I've been thinking for a while. They were taking steroids before they came to WWE and it had to catch up to them sooner or later.

Well we can't blame Marc Mero if my wrestling legacy is that I played a raging homosexual in WCW I'd be a little pissed too. The funny thing is the WWE saved him from being a running joke after he left WCW.

And he's been the most credible and effective voice of any former pro wrestler on these talking head shows in the last two weeks.

Guest Guest

Well we can't blame Marc Mero if my wrestling legacy is that I played a raging homosexual in WCW I'd be a little pissed too. The funny thing is the WWE saved him from being a running joke after he left WCW.

And he's been the most credible and effective voice of any former pro wrestler on these talking head shows in the last two weeks.

I didnt see Mero but I will disagree. Kennedy came off as very intelligent, soft spoken, polite, and courteous.

The points he brought up and how he argued them was very impressive IMO. He spoke on testosterone levels and what is allowable, the fact that Russ Haas had a pre-existing heart defect his entire life(which I will admit still saddens me, because the Haas brothers...with Russ's patented unibrow no less...was a team I looked forward to seeing for a long time).

Kennedy left the show a very good ambassador for modern pro wrestling.

I didnt see Mero but I will disagree. Kennedy came off as very intelligent, soft spoken, polite, and courteous.

The points he brought up and how he argued them was very impressive IMO. He spoke on testosterone levels and what is allowable, the fact that Russ Haas had a pre-existing heart defect his entire life(which I will admit still saddens me, because the Haas brothers...with Russ's patented unibrow no less...was a team I looked forward to seeing for a long time).

Kennedy left the show a very good ambassador for modern pro wrestling.

Well, I wrote my response before I saw Kennedy, but yes, he was impressive.

Kennedy was already due for a big push. >___>

EDIT: My other post confused me.

Yes but that stalled once he came down with the knee problem so I wasn't sure if they were going to continue his program and when you're jobbing out to Jeff Hardy and Supercrazy it doens't look great(Yes I understand their not giving him a full workload with his injury hense Supercrazy) plus they promised him a major push on Smackdown and his push essentially consisted of getting DQ wins.

I was bored tonight and purchased Victory Road and it was a very very big meh, which is disappoint because depsite TNA's complete lack of intelligence towards booking their PPV's are usually the goods.

Anyway, they brought in Dustin Rhodes and that of course equals ratings.

But the overall PPV had two good matches(main event which was excellent and the X division opener) otherwise though is was some crap(VKM Vs the Bashams) and then just the rest was standard TNA PPV matches. They were good the first time I saw them but the PPV's don't really have the excitement that the WWE can produce it's just the same ppv month after month just different players.

Guest FishFanInPA

Yeah...so many questions

Are They really doing a Booker/Lawler angle? Kennedy and Super Cool angle? Rhodes/Orton angle is gonna suck because Rhodes can't win and Orton winning would be dumb. Best storyline is the lady's title and those enormous knockers of Beth Phoenix.

Yeah...so many questions

Are They really doing a Booker/Lawler angle? Kennedy and Super Cool angle? Rhodes/Orton angle is gonna suck because Rhodes can't win and Orton winning would be dumb. Best storyline is the lady's title and those enormous knockers of Beth Phoenix.

Or maybe they are setting up a booker/hhh angle? What about Cody Rhodes turning on his dad?

I only caught bits and pieces of RAW, but what I did see was pretty awful. They're apparently treating this Cena/Lashley match as if it were the match of the decade. Either that or a presidential race. Ugh. I can't wait 'til Triple H returns and livens things up.

Wow Raw really really sucks. For instance Sandman's getting over as a true badass and they team him up with Duggan? Good booking would have been to have Sandman cane him right there because his whole gimmick is he doesn't give a crap. Orton, Rhodes angle terrible. Cena and Lashley could have made major money because it's one of the few matches the WWE has not run and it's two guys who were at their peak when the feud started instead they water it down completely.

Then we have Kennedy being wasted until they find something for him to do(keeping him on Smackdown for say where they have no one would have been much better), and now poor Booker who's worked so damn hard to get over after HHH buried him in a blatant power move will now be buried once again by HHH because Trips doesn't like him personally so all the gains Booker's made in the past year and a half will go away thanks to that fat ass big nosed bastard.

Raw is offically deserving of it's low three ratings. I have not seen booking this bad in the company since 1995. I mean at least when they were pulling stuff like Katie Vick they at least had guys like Jericho, Guerrero, and he who should not be named wrestling great matches on the undercard.

Guest Guest

Think your a tad off with Mr. Kennedy Rune...if I am not mistaken, he isnt 100% yet and he probably wont go into any full tilt feud that actually has meaning until that happens.

I liked the opening segment, though I thought it would lead to a match later on....The four-way got good when Santino was elminated. I'd be excited for Umaga/Hardy if they hadn't squashed Jeff to Umaga a few months earlier....The Maria/Santino stuff continues to intrigue....I liked the inserts of big-name guys giving their take on the title match. Really makes it seem like a big deal....I was hoping Val would be in for a semi-push after his nice showing against Booker a few weeks back; instead, he gets squashed by Snitsky....

Lawler talking about the Bullrope match for newer fans was a nice touch. And the Rhodes/Orton match was solid, especially with the near fall toward the end. Cody looks like a natural in there....The women's match was just okay, but it served its purpose in building Melina/Candice at the Bash....I'm glad they've added something to the Carlito/Sandman feud. If you asked Sandman 10 years ago where he'd be in 10 years, chances are, it wouldn't be "standing shoulder to shoulder in the ring with Jim Duggan"....Kennedy/Crazy was a bit blah, but the short feud with these two was fine....They needed to be more specific in advertising a "face off" between Cena and Lashley, and I never really like the "debate" idea. The segment was okay, but Cena on the mic (what they give him to say, not his skills) are brutal, and he even got to cut Lashley's promo for him.

Terrible, terrible RAW. One of the worst I've ever seen.

Where are Cade/Murdoch & London/Kendrick? The only tag teams on RAW can't even get a single segment? They would rather push Snitsky and have Kennedy wrestle injured instead of showing the tag champs? In my opinion, they should add Kennedy to the announce team until he's 100%. He's great on the mic and the perfect heel. And if they're going to have him wrestle, at least let him wrestle someone that matters. I like Super Crazy but just no. They debuted Cody Rhodes way too soon and it was pretty much a squash. They rushed it because apparently the company is really happy with the fans chanting "Cody". How nice. Last segment was ridiculous. We got the same old sh*t from Cena. "I never back down from a fight, poopyhead!" Stupid jokes that weren't funny and then they make Lashley look like a little bitch after they've been pushing him as UNSTOPPABLE for months. Wow, RAW was terrible.

Can't wait for Smackdown. Never thought I'd say that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.