Sign in to follow this  
geemoney

Official Wrestling Discussion

So, everyone goes home happy. Heyman isn't a recognized ref so Vince threatens to sue him to get the belt back, while Heyman claims ECW actually won.

Awesome show. Every match delivered as much as it could (Foley/Edge vs. Funk/Dreamer was weak on the wrestling front but the story was so well told it didn't matter). I'm REALLY impressed by Sabu. Everytime I'd seen that guy lately he'd been sloppy and not that good, but the last two shows he's been on fire. It sucks he's so old.

My favorite matches were Angle/Orton and Sabu/Rey but Cena/RVD was worth the price of admission as well. Every match delivered, even the short and sweet Balls vs. Tanaka match.

Guest FishFanInPA
I'm really surprised no one turned......so what's gonna happen on RAW???? RVD loses the title and disappears to ECW???

I'm really surprised no one turned......so what's gonna happen on RAW???? RVD loses the title and disappears to ECW???

Well, we'll see. Remember, Edge cost Cena the title making it an ECW Belt. I would think that would void his WWE #1 Contenders spot.

Guest FishFanInPA

Well, we'll see. Remember, Edge cost Cena the title making it an ECW Belt. I would think that would void his WWE #1 Contenders spot.

Only problem is that the Vengenance PPV poster features Edge and Cena with D-X....

Guest FishFanInPA
do i smell a tournament for the belt or a battle royal???

do i smell a tournament for the belt or a battle royal???

Per Dave Meltzer...
They had a big celebration and even announced RVD vs. Edge at Vengeance. I'm presuming this is a Verne Gagne deal where they say Heyman wasn't a licensed ref and what happened at the arena doesn't count. We'll find out tomorrow. If nothing else, it should help the rating and they'll declare RVD the ECW champ. Fonzie was out for the celebration but that was it.

We'll see...

-I too was looking forward to Tazz/Lawler, but in hindsight, I guess they'd rather give no match than a bad match.

-I too enjoyed the look on Orton's face and his "my fans.." quote after the match. The match was real good, and I'm sure we can look forward to more of those kind of matches in the NEW ECW. I wasn't really surprised the fans didn't turn on Angle. I thought they'd turn on Big Show though.

-The tag match was alright, but seemed more like WWE Cruiserweight action than the high-flying spectacle I expected. And Big Show beating up cruiserweights? I was surprised by that. Again, seemed too WWE.

-Sabu/Rey was pretty good, but I don't see why they couldn't have done a clean finish. I thought it was a shoot until the doctor yelled, "that's it, this match is over!" That seemed kind of hokey to me.

-The look on Sandman's face as he stood across the ring from Eugene was priceless.

-The Foley/Dreamer/Edge/Funk tag match was fun in a horror movie sort of way. They brought out just about all the stops for it.

-Balls/Tanaka was kind of short, as it seemed to just get going when it ended. That chairshot was NASTY. Balls looked pretty good, and I too think they should get Tanaka full-time (if possible).

-The main event was exciting, and the shirt thing was awesome. I hated HATED the finish though. I couldn't hear the crowd in the bar, but you could tell the fans were into it.

Thumbs up show. Hard to compare to last year, because this was a show with a different gameplan and purpose than last years.

The following is from Boston.com:

Former wrestler's lawsuit dismissed
June 12, 2006

STAMFORD, Conn. --A federal judge dismissed a lawsuit Monday by a former wrestler who accused World Wrestling Entertainment of unfairly prohibiting him from seeking work elsewhere.

Brock Lesnar, who was billed as "The Next Big Thing," left wrestling in 2004 to pursue a professional football career. After failing to make the NFL's Minnesota Vikings, however, he challenged an agreement he signed with WWE barring him from re-entering professional wrestling.

Last week, attorneys for Lesnar and the WWE asked a judge to dismiss the case. The request did not list any payments Lesnar would receive and said he was responsible for his own attorney fees.

In the lawsuit, Lesnar argued the prohibition was too broad. It restricted him from working in sports entertainment until 2010 and applied to many areas to which a 6-foot-3, nearly 300-pound man might aspire, from wrestling to ultimate fighting.

Messages were left seeking comment from attorneys for Lesnar and the WWE.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ric Flair vs. Mick Foley is being talked about for Vengeance. Some question the move due to the fact that they only have two weeks to promote it, but with Flair scheduled to return tonight from his honeymoon and with Vengeance in his hometown of Charlotte, this match is very possible.

You can expect a push for ECW's debut on the Sci Fi Channel tomorrow night at 10pm ET/9pm CT on Monday Night RAW tonight. It is very possible an angle could be started that gets pushed to the Tuesday night show involving Rob Van Dam, John Cena and Edge.

The crowd at the SmackDown tapings tomorrow night in Trenton, NJ is going to be a very interesting situation. As noted earlier, WWE will be taping SmackDown first and then ECW will go live on the Sci Fi Channel right afterwards. What will be interesting to see is how the crowd is for a WWE show and how they react afterwards to an ECW style show. It is clearly two totally different audiences so that could make or break the TV debut.

www.wrestlingplanet.com