Sign in to follow this  
geemoney

Official Wrestling Discussion

The show really wasnt that good...not for a first show.

Except that Kelly girl. I could definantly go for seeing more of her.

A very lackluster show. It felt very WWE. Like, every bit of it. The fact that the crowd wasn't into it all didn't help it any. They need to get away from the WWE angles and truely establish themselves as their own identity.

That show was horrible. I mean, really bad. And I'm usually easy to please, but I didn't see any redeeming qualities in this show that makes it look good for the future, or to differentiate it from Smackdown or RAW. It was just....what's the word?....EXTREMELY disappointing.

Best Line of the night already happened.

RVD: I am proud to hold the ECW Championship. And look at this one. It spins.

That was an AWESOME line. And the zombie gimmick..... I hope it was a shot at sci-fi's idea for the vampire stable..... it was funny as hell.

All in all it was a good show I guess. I havent been excited about wrestling for a long while. They do need to do a lot more in order to make this feel like it really is ECW though.

1. Generic music is somewhat killing their characters (I know it must cost a bit to play Sandman and Man in the Box every week but hey, simple things like that were important)
2. Smaller setting will make things feel like they used to.
3. Having the Raw/Smackdown guys getting time on for now and for the near future is not bad but in the long run, it should be kept to a minimum.
4. Dont make the old guard look like jobbers.

2.5 out of 5...the Zombie got it that extra .5 from me.

Guest FishFanInPA
awful show......awful awful awful.....and Joey Styles said how there's no wrestling during Raw and Smackdown and ECW puts this sh*t out????

awful show......awful awful awful.....and Joey Styles said how there's no wrestling during Raw and Smackdown and ECW puts this sh*t out????

Well you gotta consider this is the debut of the new show, only 1 hour, and right after monday night raw and ONS. The storylines are still centered around the WWE..... and most importantly, vinnie mac owns the product. I looked forward to this with low expectations and maybe thats why I didnt think it was that bad of a show after all, because I knew it would be heavily loaded with WWE crap. I think we all need to give this thing awhile and see what happens during these 12 weeks, but if I had to put my money on it, ill bet on this to flop big time just like anything vince touches.

I'd rate it a 4 or 5 out of 10.

It felt like RAW. Too much like RAW. I really like Heyman taking shots at Sci-Fi with the Zombie stuff and I liked the Angle squash and Sabu winning the main event...

But do they really need some stripper who can't wrestle to help kick in the wrestling revolution or whatever? I'm willing to hold off all judgements on the Vampire stuff until they actually do something with it that sucks. Plus, doing the show in front of unnappreciative Smackdown fans in too large of an arena just doesn't work.

And I now see why RVD was never world champ. Call me crazy, I just don't think he's world title material.

4 or 5 out of 10. They did some things right, but they have a LOT to work on.