Sign in to follow this  
geemoney

Official Wrestling Discussion

Who would your top 5 be for pure wrestling ability (WWE main roster only)? I'd have, in no particular order - Rollins, Cesaro, Zayn, Owens and not sure for a 5th. Perhaps Styles but I've only seen like 3 of his matches ever so can't really comment.

I'd say roughly the same.

3 hours ago, Schnellders said:

He is however one of the best wrestlers in the business

Right, but this isn't Olympic wrestling. It's more story driven than ability driven.

I'll say

1. Rollins (not really close)

2. AJ Styles

3. Kevin Owens

4. Sami Zayn

5. Cesaro

6. John Cena

7. Neville

8. Roman Reigns

9. Dolph Ziggler

10. Apollo Crews

I'd love to put Lesnar here but he isn't allowed to do what he used to. I'm also sure in a year's time Nakamura enters the top 2 and Big E reaches the top 10. Ambrose can put on a good match with the right people but the lack of originality in his matches (he tends to go through the motions a lot) hurts him.

If we're allowed to include women Sasha Banks in top 10 and Becky Lynch is top 15.

Guest Vince0926

Becky lynch reminds me of Marty Jannetty.

19 hours ago, dim said:

I'll say

1. Rollins (not really close)

2. AJ Styles

3. Kevin Owens

4. Sami Zayn

5. Cesaro

6. John Cena

7. Neville

8. Roman Reigns

9. Dolph Ziggler

10. Apollo Crews

I'd love to put Lesnar here but he isn't allowed to do what he used to. I'm also sure in a year's time Nakamura enters the top 2 and Big E reaches the top 10. Ambrose can put on a good match with the right people but the lack of originality in his matches (he tends to go through the motions a lot) hurts him.

I wouldn't put Roman Reigns in the top 10. I think Ziggler is probably top 5

Reigns is an underrated worker. He's the only guy I've seen pull out a 3.5+ star match against the Big Show in the last fifteen years.

Cesaro doesn't have to be your favorite and everyone is entitled to their opinion but I don't understand how any wrestling fan who actually understands the business and what it takes to put together a good match and all of that performance aspect of it can say they "hate" Cesaro. The guy is incredible. You can not like is character and stuff like that but once the bell rings the guy is golden to watch.

An example of why I hate Cesaro:

About an hour ago, he won a match. When he won, he crawled to the ropes, hurt, and stuck 2 fingers out at the ref (like how wrestlers usually do when they can't believe it was a 2 count), then started to squint and smile.

What the fuck was that? It's awkward; he's Borat if Borat was a wrestler. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but he needs to go be a great wrestler in NJPW where no one cares to hear him speak, act or storytell

5 hours ago, dim said:

Reigns is an underrated worker. He's the only guy I've seen pull out a 3.5+ star match against the Big Show in the last fifteen years.

I think he's only underrated because people rate him so low. His matches with Sheamus were the most boring matches I've seen in a while, mostly because they're the same stiff wrestler.

Someone apparently went through his match with HHH in Wrestlemania, and noted that he used something like 3 moves in the entire match. Not sure if accurate, but it would not surprise me