Want to be a Marlins Manatee?!?!

WANTED: A FEW BIG FANS TO BECOME MARLINS MANATEES

The Florida Marlins Hold Open Auditions for First All-Male Performance Team in Major League Baseball

WHAT: The Florida Marlins are holding open auditions at Dolphin Stadium (Gate G) on February 24, 2008 at 1 p.m. to find some BIG-bellied men to be a part of the Marlins Manatees. The Manatees will make their debut during the 2008 season as the first-ever male dance/energy squad in Major League Baseball. Manatee hopefuls will perform a choreographed routine created by Manatee choreographer, Vanessa Martinez-Huff before a panel of judges.

WHERE: Dolphin Stadium (Gate G)

2267 Dan Marino Blvd

Miami, FL 33056

WHEN: Sunday, February 24 at 1 PM

For more information, visit www.floridamarlins.com or call 305-626-7332.

I've already written to David Samson about this. I hope others do as well.

I can't promise I will, but honestly this demeens the whole idea of fandom. It angers me to a ridiculous level that Samson/Loria/PR Dept seriously think this will lure fans in any regard. Please, get the stadium done, and get rid of those jokers, someone... :confused

I've already written to David Samson about this. I hope others do as well.

I can't promise I will, but honestly this demeens the whole idea of fandom. It angers me to a ridiculous level that Samson/Loria/PR Dept seriously think this will lure fans in any regard. Please, get the stadium done, and get rid of those jokers, someone... :confused

Perhaps put a bit differently, that what I said...it's demeaning to every Marlins fan...is this how you want the rest of the country...the rest of the world to see us...I couldn't believe Jeffrey Loria would want to be associated with this...the PR dept is out of control and out of touch the fans...it's humiliating.