MVP?

It's between Penny and Beckett, pending on what Josh does tonight.

I don't agree with that. If Beckett dominates tonight, I think it goes to Penny. Beckett pitched well in Game 3 but we lost that game. Penny's 2-0 record trumps Beckett's 1-1.

If we lose tonight, and Pavano shuts down the Yankees tomorrow, I think Pavano gets the MVP.

Gonzalez has an outside shot at it, if he has a couple of big games like flasportsfan88 says.

Beckett pitched well in Game 3 but we lost that game. Penny's 2-0 record trumps Beckett's 1-1.

I agree with that.

If we lose tonight, and Pavano shuts down the Yankees tomorrow, I think Pavano gets the MVP.

That too.

Gonzalez has an outside shot at it, if he has a couple of big games like flasportsfan88 says.

And that as well...

Gonzalez has an outside shot at it, if he has a couple of big games like flasportsfan88 says

Lets hope he only needs to have ONE big game :D

Penny's 2-0 record trumps Beckett's 1-1.

That's true, but I still think that Beckett gets the MVP with a strong performance, simply because he's dominated throughout the entire playoff run, and Penny, umm, hasn't.

Despite Penny being very sharp in the WS, I don't think Beckett's overall performance will be overlooked, or Penny's for that matter,

Penny's 2-0 record trumps Beckett's 1-1.

That's true, but I still think that Beckett gets the MVP with a strong performance, simply because he's dominated throughout the entire playoff run, and Penny, umm, hasn't.

Despite Penny being very sharp in the WS, I don't think Beckett's overall performance will be overlooked, or Penny's for that matter, Their entire postseason performance is supposed to be overlooked. It's a World Series MVP only. If the people that vote stick with that, then Penny's meltdown in Game 2 vs. the Cubs won't hurt him.

Depending on how Josh pitches tonight it's his to lose. If he goes in and just survives and the Marlins win Penny may pick iy up but if Josh shines, I mean really shines, he could be the man.

Then again you never know, maybe Juan goes four for four, or Cabs hits a couple of HRs, I don't care about awards right now, I just want to taste victory after a year of unrelenting no respect.

Go Fish !

Depending on how Josh pitches tonight it's his to lose. If he goes in and just survives and the Marlins win Penny may pick iy up but if Josh shines, I mean really shines, he could be the man.

Then again you never know, maybe Juan goes four for four, or Cabs hits a couple of HRs, I don't care about awards right now, I just want to taste victory after a year of unrelenting no respect.

Go Fish !

I agree with, above all, the last two words.

Guest CHRISTYTOD

I'd like to set a precedent here and have a TEAM MVP - these guys all deserve it and each and every player has had a huge hand in where we are, and where we HOPE to be at the end of all of this. God willing.

T = together

E = everyone

A = achieves

M = more

unless we see some sort of spectacular offensive performance from our guys these next two nights, the only guys in the running will be penny and whoever pitches in the winning WS game for us.

sea bass is not going to win this, let's be realistic. yeah he got a couple of good hits and hit a game winner, but we wouldn't even have been in that extra innings situation were he capable of hitting with RISP. even if you count his 3(?) hits this series, its still an overall abysmal performance. the only vote he gets is a sympathy vote