Power Rankings.

FishFF

Why do so many of you care how many times we get on Sportscenter or BBTN? And power rankings? Are the Marlins here to entertain you or are they here to make you feel better about yourselves? We won't get national attention until we are consistent winners that the national audience considers relevant. Get over it.

I'm not sure how much us talking about really means we care deeply about it. I mean you are here talking about it - do you care about it?

I still just think it's funny that a team that is at the bottom of MLB in a few big categories and has the worst record to go with it is consistently rated among the top teams while we (or anyone leading a division really) gets ranked no higher than 21. I really thought it was funny how the sub-500 Dodgers were ranked #5 by someone. Anything wrong with that?

((fox power rating)):24 Marlins 29 (+5) 24/29 The Marlins' improbable run to the top of the NL East standings is easy to see, but hard to explain. The lineup is simply mashing, as evidenced by several off-the-reservation shots last weekend in Houston. It won't continue, though. The pitching simply isn't good enough to make up the difference when the lineup goes cold, which given this amount of free-swingers, it definitely will.

((sportline))25 Marlins ? Trends 27

Sure they can hit the long ball and score runs in bunches, but that rotation is just barren. They have a league-worst 7.17 ERA among starters. They are the current first-place team least likely to stay there long. ((espn))16 26 Marlins 9-6 Mike Jacobs has more homers at this point (six) than he had in the first three months of last season (five) ESPN ONLY ONE HAVE US ABOVE 20 IN RATE SPORTLINE AND FOX HAVE US FALLING AND SAYING WE BE WITH Nationals SOON IN BOTTOM