April 30, 200818 yr Can those of you who have been to Albuquerque to watch a game answer a few questions for me? 1 When is the best month to go see a game? 2. I know it is a hitters park but can you tell me what is considered a good ERA there? Thanks
April 30, 200818 yr Looks like your boy had a rude introduction to the PCL last night...7 k's was encouraging. Hopefully he'll rebound next time out. :thumbup
April 30, 200818 yr Looks like your boy had a rude introduction to the PCL last night...7 k's was encouraging. Hopefully he'll rebound next time out. :thumbup Well, not many pitchers have "great" introductions to the PCL, as long as his WHIP and K/BB ratios are good, he'll be alright though, he just can't let those flyballs get to his head...
May 4, 200818 yr Author Looks like your boy had a rude introduction to the PCL last night...7 k's was encouraging. Hopefully he'll rebound next time out. :thumbup Wanna bet he does much better on the road. I talked to a Scout who said pitching in Albuquerque is like pitching in outer space. Dallas himself was told that those two homeruns would have been flyouts in 95% of the other parks.
May 5, 200818 yr to answer the question... the air is similar to Denver in Albuquerque (mile high), so the balls fly and ERA sucks! I have not been in the stadium, but really all summer the heat is relativly dry, so 100 degrees feels lik 85-90 in Miami. The sun is extremely bright, but the temps are not that bad since it is the high desert...I recommend you go out there, I fell in love with the town last year.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.