The Mets are only 2 games back of the Braves in the loss column...

God stfu, thats NOT what he said.

He said it's going to be a close race.

He said "the Marlins were going to give some teams trouble, but fact is, they're too young, so bottom line is, the Mets are only 2 games back of the Braves in the loss column, and it's only May."

Dick Stockton was calling it a good race.

He said "the Marlins were going to give some teams trouble, but fact is, they're too young, so bottom line is, the Mets are only 2 games back of the Braves in the loss column, and it's only May."

He's right.

Yeah, our 2003 team was practically geriatric! Good thing these guys don't realize that this team is a half year older than the 2003 World Champions and all of .1 years younger than the 1997 team.

Ok, point is, he didn't say "The Marlins aren't for real".

does he really have to say it?

He said it...just not in those words.

I know I know,

I just get aggrivated and probably overreact when people make "we get no respect" type threads. Who cares what they say, fact is we're in first. Let's enjoy the ride.

Ok, point is, he didn't say "The Marlins aren't for real".

does he really have to say it?

He said it...just not in those words.

I know I know,

I just get aggrivated and probably overreact when people make "we get no respect" type threads. Who cares what they say, fact is we're in first. Let's enjoy the ride.

True

But I just get aggravated when people don't check their facts, when it is their job, to check facts.

Everyone is proclaiming the Mets to be the "team to beat..."

FACT is the Mets (even if they win today) would still be 4 games UNDER .500 since last May (77-81). That just about equals a full season of baseball.

...Yet no one says a word.

It's almost as if ppl believe these struggles are just early season struggles...or just struggles from last September...this has been happening for awhile now.

But I just get aggravated when people don't check their facts, when it is their job, to check facts.

What facts did Karros get wrong? I heard him and he simply gave his opinion. Don't worry about the respect nonsense. This is not college BB or college Football. People's opinions don't matter. If they don't matter, don't worry about them.

What facts did Karros get wrong? I heard him and he simply gave his opinion. Don't worry about the respect nonsense. This is not college BB or college Football. People's opinions don't matter. If they don't matter, don't worry about them.

"Facts" like the one I mentioned in my last post.

If you give an opinion, at least have a stat to backup your opinion (especially when you get paid to analyze the game).

...imo.

Eric Karros does not know anything about baseball. Half the time he looks drunk on the Fox Pregame. He's just like all of these other former baseball players that have nothing else to do but act like they know what they are talking about, just because they played in the Bigs. Leave the important baseball talk to guys like Kurkjian, Gammons, and Olney.

Everyone is proclaiming the Mets to be the "team to beat..."

FACT is the Mets (even if they win today) would still be 4 games UNDER .500 since last May (77-81). That just about equals a full season of baseball.

...Yet no one says a word.

It's almost as if ppl believe these struggles are just early season struggles...or just struggles from last September...this has been happening for awhile now.

I saw this on ESPN or BBTN. So some are noticing it. But truthfully, I didn't realize it until they brought it up. However, I do think the Mets brass have noticed it as well and is part of the reason if they don't have a good series in Denver this week end we may not see Willie in their dugout on Monday. They are also saying if the firing happens, Jerry Manuel will at least be the interim manager. If you want to listen to the talking heads. I find it feasible.

[

Yeah, our 2003 team was practically geriatric! Good thing these guys don't realize that this team is a half year older than the 2003 World Champions and all of .1 years younger than the 1997 team.

Are these numbers right? I never noticed this.

Average age in 2003 was 27.7.

In 2008 it is 28.2.

[

In 2008 it is 28.2.

It's Gonzo's fault. :lol

[

In 2008 it is 28.2.

It's Gonzo's fault. :lol

That's probably true.

But here is another look

2003 Starting Lineup: 27.75

2008 Starting Lineup: 27.5

2003 Starting Rotation: 25

2008 Starting Rotation: 26.2

The differences are tiny.

They just got done talking about us on 1st and 10. Skip said we will be in contention come September 1st and he believes our rotation will only get better. He called us the Dbacks of last year basically saying we just know how to win.

Rob Parker said we will be out by July and that we are also the worst fielding team in Baseball and there is no way the worst fielding team in Baseball will win a division. He also said the Mets have a better ERA.

They just got done talking about us on 1st and 10. Skip said we will be in contention come September 1st and he believes our rotation will only get better. He called us the Dbacks of last year basically saying we just know how to win.

Rob Parker said we will be out by July and that we are also the worst fielding team in Baseball and there is no way the worst fielding team in Baseball will win a division. He also said the Mets have a better ERA.

Only a little, and our May ERA is 3.75 which is much better than the Mets.

How typical??? Parker is just being stupid, of course the Mets have a better ERA they also have only one starter injured, Pedro (go figure :whistle ), all the while the Marlins have been plowing the competition and are missing 3 of their best arms in the rotation and Gardner in the pen, besides it's not like the team ERA is astronomical and much less the bullpen's ERA, as always one of the ESPN's analyst is just talking out of his anus.