The Hammer

heres something interesting i stumbled across on my CBS fantasy site - taken from a blog by ESPN's Peter Gammons

on the subject of trade rumours:

Adam Dunn's whifftastic ways scare the Red Sox, who might pass even if David Ortiz needs surgery. Gammons suggests Josh Willingham would be a better fit.

now i like the hammer and think he adds a great deal offensively to our club but if the sox did inquire abaout him, what sorta deal could we expect?

heres something interesting i stumbled across on my CBS fantasy site - taken from a blog by ESPN's Peter Gammons

Adam Dunn's whifftastic ways scare the Red Sox, who might pass even if David Ortiz needs surgery. Gammons suggests Josh Willingham would be a better fit.

now i like the hammer and think he adds a great deal offensively to our club but if the sox did inquire abaout him, what sorta deal could we expect?

Give Ellsbury, Beckett, and Papelbon and they got a deal.

... :o

Give Ellsbury, Beckett, and Papelbon and they got a deal.

... :o

If getting prospects from the Sox lately weren't like pulling teeth, we could probably get a nice little package from them, I'd say for Hammer (who could be more valuable in that he could split time at DH with Manny too, thereby saving his back) we could pull a good, close to ML-Ready, pitching prospect and a good positional prospect that may be a bit farther off (or vice-versa).

But a) I'd like to keep Hammer and b) I'd rather not trade him to the Sox, but someone like Oakland, or Cleveland or someone else that's not them