Hendrix is on the clock, and I think he can be valuable in the pen

I agree

Olsen

Nolasco

Miller

Tucker

Badenhop

Long Relief: Hendrickson

I've said this for a week or 2 now. Although, with De La Cruz pitching so well in the minors (getting great comments from Dean Treanor) he could replace Hopper, if anything.

Anyone else starting to feel good about Olsen / Miller / Nolasco?

yea,but the only problem is Hendrickson and tucker being a rookie. but once JJ and sanchez return, our rotation is gonna be SICK!

Is he even returning?

I'd have more confidence with Mitre, if anything.

Anibal's injury was horrible.

yea,but the only problem is Hendrickson and tucker being a rookie. but once JJ and sanchez return, our rotation is gonna be SICK!

Is he even returning?

is who returning?

I agree

Olsen

Nolasco

Miller

Tucker

Badenhop

I've said this for a week or 2 now. Although, with De La Cruz pitching so well in the minors (getting great comments from Dean Treanor) he could replace Hopper, if anything.

Eh, Hendrickson has been bad, but Badenhop and his 1.606 WHIP has been terrible. That, plus him doing much better in his small time in the pen makes me not like this move.

I'm not sure what we are going to do with Hendrix though. Benched makes a good point about his contract.

Is he even returning?

is who returning?

Sergio Mitre...Looks kinda like a pirate. Had a 2.85 ERA in the first half last season. He broke his career high IP by then and pitched much worse in the 2nd half.

Is he even returning?

is who returning?

Anibal?

I agree

Olsen

Nolasco

Miller

Tucker

Badenhop

Eh, Hendrickson has been bad, but Badenhop and his 1.606 WHIP has been terrible. That, plus him doing much better in his small time in the pen makes me not like this move.

I'm not sure what we are going to do with Hendrix though. Benched makes a good point about his contract.

I guess I'm in the minority with Badenhop.

I actually like his sinker, and believe he can be a decent #4 or #5 starter.

Combine that with the fact, that he actually has a future with this organization (as in, there's a good chance he'll be here the next couple years), I'd rather watch him struggle and learn through games, than just watch Hendrickson struggle, knowing he's just a 1 year guy. A 1 year guy, who is now past his prime years, and has never really been a good ML starter.

Is he even returning?

is who returning?

Anibal?

he is set to return in august, but i dont know if he will ever be the same. i just hope we dont give up on him just yet, because i think he has a chance to return and be very good

I dunno who started the Andrew Miller Fanclub/witchhunts, but I've been pro-Miller all year :whistle

Olsen and Nolasco are the other important guys for us right now, and Hendrickson is important (paraphrases a quote from starship troopers) "until he's gone, or we find someone better..."

Send Hendrickson to Planet P... "You apes wanna live forever!!!"

What exactly happened to Annibal to make his injury horrible. All I know is he is injured. What makes his Injury worse then JJ's or Mitre's.

Chris

I don't actually know how bad Sanchez injury was, but I do know that a shoulder injury is alot tougher to overcome than an elbow injury.

Statistically speaking, Badenhop hasn't been much worse than Hendrickson has. He also has more upside.

I agree, but Hopper has been better in the pen, and I'm not sure that Hendrix can be as good back there.

Hendrickson wouldn't be bad in relief.

If you look at his #'s he becomes worse as the game goes on.

First time around, he hasn't really been bad.

Being a long reliever is a lot easier than being a starter.

And for what it's worth, Hendrickson would also add some "different" to the pen, as well, since we only have 1 lefty out there, for now.

Statistically speaking, Badenhop hasn't been much worse than Hendrickson has. He also has more upside.

I agree, but Hopper has been better in the pen, and I'm not sure that Hendrix can be as good back there.

And for what it's worth, Hendrickson would also add some "different" to the pen, as well, since we only have 1 lefty out there, for now.

Actually, his numbers show that he is worse to start a game off.

Hendrix worst inning is the 2nd. Hitters are OPSing around 1.000 in the 2nd.

In the 1st - 3rd innings, hitters are OPSing .838.

In the 4th - 6th innings, hitters are OPSing .729.

Actually, his numbers show that he is worse to start a game off.

Hendrix worst inning is the 2nd. Hitters are OPSing around 1.000 in the 2nd.

In the 1st - 3rd innings, hitters are OPSing .838.

In the 4th - 6th innings, hitters are OPSing .729.

It's true, but it's kinda weird.

Hendrickson's worst inning has been the 2nd, but his #'s in the 1st aren't bad, at all.

I guess you could look at it this way. In the 3 year span (2005-2007), Hendrickson had a 5.40 ERA as a starter, with a .300 opp. avg. As a reliever, he had a 3.16 ERA with a .225 opp. avg. The sample is 57 innings, however.

But really...a long reliever doesn't have to be great...he just has to give you some innings, which Hendrix can do, and you can stretch him more to save the bullpen, etc.

Also, you can also do the occasional lefty-lefty matchup. Hendrickson has been better against lefties than he has been against righties this year. While he hasn't dominated lefties, lefties are hitting .250 off of Hendrickson, this year.

So, it's not exactly a terrible fit.

I'd much rather see a younger Badenhop get more of a chance every 5th day.