Hank Steinbrenner = Idiot.

Hank Steinbrenner Blames N.L. Rules

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

The Yankees? loss of their ace, Chien-Ming Wang, for up to 10 weeks prompted the team co-chairman Hank Steinbrenner to chastise the National League for playing without a designated hitter.

?My only message is simple,? Steinbrenner said in Tampa, Fla. ?The National League needs to join the 21st century. They need to grow up and join the 21st century.?

Steinbrenner said he was angry and added: ?I?ve got my pitchers running the bases, and one of them gets hurt. He?s going to be out. I don?t like that, and it?s about time they address it. That was a rule from the 1800s.?

Making a rare appearance on the bases at an N.L. park in Houston on Sunday, Wang pulled up rounding third and hobbled home on a Derek Jeter single.

?This is always a concern of American League teams when their pitchers have to run the bases and they?re not used to doing it,? Steinbrenner said. ?It?s not just us. It?s everybody. It probably should be a concern for National League owners, general managers and managers when their pitchers run the bases. Pitchers have enough to do without having to do that.?

Are Yankee fans as embarrassed by The Boss's little boy as they should be?

The NL doesn't need to grow up. Hank Steinbrenner needs to grow up and quit being a giant baby who whines when something doesn't go his way. Do we really need to hear from this spoiled brat throwing blame somewhere whenever something bad happens to his team?

I'd hope a pro athlete can run 90 feet without getting injured.

In the words of John Kruk "I'm not an athlete, I'm a ballplayer"

But yeah you would think any ballplayer could run the bases without getting hurt, but as I recall Gabe Kapler blew out his ACL running the bases and spring invitee Tagg Bozied blew his knee out celebrting a homer in the minors.

Maybe Hank can run for his pitchers

I am sick of the whiney Yankee Fans claiming their pitchers don't take batting practice / base running whatever. If the WS is their goal like we constantly hear from them and the media and anything else is failure, then they should have their pitchers take extra batting / running practice. After all if they plan to face an NL team in the WS there will be situations where their overpayed rotations will have to bat.

There is nothing that precludes pitchers from taking batting practice with the rest of the team or at least spending time three or four days a week in the cage developing a good swing plane and picking up a pitch whether it comes from a machine or a pitcher except their own desire to do so and how important they perceive it as a component of their career.

It isn't like American league pitchers are in the dark about when interleague play occurs on their team's schedule each year.

I wish I could be a fly on the wall at the next Owner's Meeting when the rest of baseball explains to Hankypoo that they really don't need him looking out for "their" best interests.

sorry hank, i love the nl rules and pitchers hitting. pitchers are not meant to be wussified, i guess he doesn't see the likes of micah owings and some other good hitting pitchers. for some reason, al baseball bores me to bits (likely due to lack of strategy). plus, this is not football, if you want to bat, you have to play the field.

But yeah you would think any ballplayer could run the bases without getting hurt, but as I recall Gabe Kapler blew out his ACL running the bases and spring invitee Tagg Bozied blew his knee out celebrting a homer in the minors.

John Kruk is an idiot.

John Kruk is an idiot.

He's also fat. :mischief

Hank Steinbrenner Blames N.L. Rules

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

The Yankees? loss of their ace, Chien-Ming Wang, for up to 10 weeks prompted the team co-chairman Hank Steinbrenner to chastise the National League for playing without a designated hitter.

?My only message is simple,? Steinbrenner said in Tampa, Fla. ?The National League needs to join the 21st century. They need to grow up and join the 21st century.?

Steinbrenner said he was angry and added: ?I?ve got my pitchers running the bases, and one of them gets hurt. He?s going to be out. I don?t like that, and it?s about time they address it. That was a rule from the 1800s.?

Making a rare appearance on the bases at an N.L. park in Houston on Sunday, Wang pulled up rounding third and hobbled home on a Derek Jeter single.

?This is always a concern of American League teams when their pitchers have to run the bases and they?re not used to doing it,? Steinbrenner said. ?It?s not just us. It?s everybody. It probably should be a concern for National League owners, general managers and managers when their pitchers run the bases. Pitchers have enough to do without having to do that.?

Are Yankee fans as embarrassed by The Boss's little boy as they should be?

Other rules from the 1800s..... almost all of them.... hrmmmm

Hell, I am a Yankee fan and Hank embarasses the crap out of me, a whiny little baby.........

but big George was the same way back in the 70s and 80s, like father like son

Except George backed up all his talking/Billy Martin firings with winning.

true, but George had an astute GM in Gabe Paul who made some great trades and had gamers like Piniella, Nettles, Munson.....George didn't do a lot of winning in the 80s and 90s did he?.....Hank has Cashman, nuff said.....

Hell, I am a Yankee fan and Hank embarasses the crap out of me, a whiny little baby.........

true, but George had an astute GM in Gabe Paul who made some great trades and had gamers like Piniella, Nettles, Munson.....George didn't do a lot of winning in the 80s and 90s did he?.....Hank has Cashman, nuff said.....

The Boss said a bunch of stuff, but none of it was this retarded.

The Boss said a bunch of stuff, but none of it was this retarded.

This.