Poor Dan

Mungo

You know what will ease his mind? A walk-off HR in the 7th game of the World Series against the Yankees later this year.

HaHa, I like how your thinking ;)

Off Rivera?

Yep!

Every Yankees fan leaves dead silent with tears in their eyes.

You do realize in 2003 a New York Yankee fan was reading the newspaper when he came across the Florida Marlins, puzzled he looked at his wife and asked her if she had ever heard of a team named the Florida Marlins, less than two weeks later he was left sitting at "Yankees Stadium" wondering why he paid for a ticket that did not produce a Yankee win.

Who are these Fish?

Uggly left 6 on base...

We can all be happy that atleast none of the other interdivision teams had any good players either... Uggly had an ASG record for 3 errors, but atleast the pitchers were there to save him. Brad Lidge however, lost it for the NL :) And Chase Utley had less HR's than Uggly in the HR derby by 1 :) Guzman went hitless. Hanley had more hits than David Wright as well, and Hanley was one of only 3 who scored for the NL.

Anyone else love Fukudome? Like especially if you put a space after the k and the 2nd u. And pronounce it dumb.

As terrible as Uggla played, the A-Hole Of The Game Award goes to *Billy Wagner for blowing the lead and letting the game go into extra innings.

*Brad Lidge

For blowing the game and making the NL lose. Either way.

Brad Lidge was up 6 times and threw over 100 warmup pitches...

Sucks he gave up the run, but the boner of the day goes to Wagner. Uggla in the end didn't really end up costing the NL the game I guess, but I wish he would have gotten a base hit.

It's not like he cost the NL the game. When it came down to it, he got the first out at the plate after committing back to back errors. The third one should have been a hit. And his swings sure fell apart towards the end. It seemed as if he was nervous as sh*t. He couldn't stop thinking about hitting into the DP. He also looked exposed about his bad ankle. It seems obvious that he could've sat out a bit longer to recover, but rushed just to make it in time to play in the ASG.

Some people are making WAY too big of a deal here... I'm glad the last few posts have tossed some reasoning into this thread. Uggla had a bad game. Sucks that he had to have this type of game on such a big stage. I'm sure nerves played a role as well as the ankle. You could see he didn't really plant his foot on the ball that went under his legs... But whatever, if he keeps playing the way he has for the last 3 years, he'll have many more All-Star games to redeem himself. He's a professional. Once the real games start, he'll forget about this and move on... But I'm sure he's kicking himself and won't be able to stop thinking about during the next 2 off days..

And I was yelling at Hurdle for taking Brian Wilson out in the 8th.. Of course, I'm biased and wanted to see my lone San Francisco Giant representative finish the inning. But Wilson was throwing gas and got 2 quick outs. He should have let him face Sizemore instead of bringing Wagner in...

Some people are making WAY too big of a deal here... I'm glad the last few posts have tossed some reasoning into this thread. Uggla had a bad game. Sucks that he had to have this type of game on such a big stage. I'm sure nerves played a role as well as the ankle. You could see he didn't really plant his foot on the ball that went under his legs...

I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one who noticed that as well. I personally don't think Danny's 100% yet, and only came back those last couple games in LA so he could play in the All-Star game. I know t's a cop-out to blame his play on injury, but I do believe it had some bearing. In the end, I think it was mostly nerves, plain and simple.

With the exception of the free-swining So's, last night is not an indication of his play, and we all know that. Let opposing fans and teams get that impression, and he'll make them pay. That kind of thing (looking bad in a high-profile situation) causes a sink or swim kind of response, and I think it's going to motivate himself for the stretch run to prove everyone it was an abboration.

In addition, I think it gave him good experience in high-pressure, "high stakes" situations, so if we make it to the playoffs, he'll know he doesn't have to force things.

O, btw Wagner definitely lost this game the Mets and Phillies have nothing on us plus Hanley went 2-3

Stop trying to blame other teams, the Marlins players commit four errors and uggla had a very bad game, so stop trying to blame others and try to move on.

You know what will ease his mind? A walk-off HR in the 7th game of the World Series against the Yankees later this year.

HaHa, I like how your thinking ;)

Off Rivera?

He had his chance, who say the Yankees will make the playoff, people be real, his name is in the record book, not for a good thing.

It doesn't matter that his errors didn't lose the game.

He looked horribly defensively and offensively in the national stage when all baseball eyes were upon him.

He knows it.

This will, no doubt, bother him for weeks or months to come and may affect his play.

He will only feel better when he once again shines on the field.

It doesn't matter that his errors didn't lose the game.

He looked horribly defensively and offensively in the national stage when all baseball eyes were upon him.

He knows it.

This will, no doubt, bother him for weeks or months to come and may affect his play.

He will only feel better when he once again shines on the field.

I doubt Uggie will let it mess him up. Will it mess Wagner up-he was given 2 outs and was asked to only get one out and hold the lead. Uggs wont make excuses, but the ankle has to still hurt and the timing is not there. This was probably brought up earlier in the thread but forgive me-I jumped in on the last page only.

I just hope this means that Dan got all his "bad baseball" out of his system for the 2nd half

I think that this will force him to play better in the 2nd half as he will have this performance in the back of his mind, knowing he does not want to play like that ever again.

Dans a tough guys he really battled just to get to the bigs and im sure he will be able to get over this. Hes got two days to get over it and for his teamates to razz him. the only thing is we face moyer in the first game and we all know dan sucks vs him like the rest of the marlins.

Everyone who has played baseball has had games like that, where you can't seem to make the plays or get on base. It's part of the drama of baseball. You just move on. How many times does it have to be said," There's no crying in baseball". Uggla is a grown man and he is a good ballplayer. He will be fine. WE need to stop talking about it. Last I will say on the subject.

O, btw Wagner definitely lost this game the Mets and Phillies have nothing on us plus Hanley went 2-3

Stop trying to blame other teams, the Marlins players commit four errors and uggla had a very bad game, so stop trying to blame others and try to move on.

He's just pointing out the truth. Uggla had a bad game but he didn't cost the NL any runs and the game wouldn't have gone into extra innings had Wagner not blown the lead.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.