ESPN's Titletown...

_paralyzer_

I'm new on this board so I haven't had a chance to comment on this here but...

Am I the only person that thinks that South Florida was robbed in Titletown consideration? Let's go over what the teams have done:

The Marlins of course have won 2 Titles in a span of 6 years! (1997, 2003) and besides the Yankees and Red Sox the only teams to win multiple titles in the last 15 years.

The Heat won the championship in 2006 and have one of the most dynamic superstars in the league with Dwyane Wade.

The Dolphins haven't done much as of late but still have the only perfect season in NFL History (72') and Marino was one of the best QBs of all-time.

The Hurricanes won titles in baseball, football and are even starting to compete in basketball.

Even the Panthers won a conference championship in 1996.

Now, when I saw all these college teams and high school football teams get picked...I was like "wtf?". Anyone else have a problem w/ this?

TITLETOWN is right up there with WHOS NOW as pure ESPN garbage,,,,,who gives a crap? tell me why thats important to anyone/////

It's important to rednecks who live in Valdosta, Ga. and have nothing better to do/look forward to in their lives.

Valdosta is a ing truck stop, nothing more. They defintley need this kind of thing.

There should have been ZERO doubt that New York is TitleTown.

New York Yankees: 26 World Series Titles

New York Mets: 2 World Series Titles

New York Giants: 4 NFL Championships, 3 Super Bowl Championships

New York Jets: 1 NFL Championship

New York Knicks: 2 NBA Titles

New York Rangers: 4 Stanley Cups

New York Islanders: 4 Stanley Cups

The US Open (Queens) is the only Grand Slam Tennis event held in the United States.

St. John's University is one of the best sports programs in the nation.

Pele's New York Cosmos won 5 NASL Championships from '72 to '82.

Im not even including the Brooklyn Dogders or the baseball New York Giants. Who the hell cares about High School Championships or even College Titles when you have a history like this. Get off it everyone, nothing comes close to New York in terms of a winning sports town.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.