Jacobs to the Giants?

You are fixating too much over the word "much." His OBP is terrible and I think Baker has the potential to match his SLG as early as this season.

I'm not opposed to Molina, but he will likely cost more than Jacobs. If we are going to give up that much I'd rather look for someone like Laird.

I dont know what to take from this, but Chris Davis, Texas young first baseman, started at 3rd today. They could have done this because they expect to get a first baseman (jacobs?) in return for laird or because they can then play salti, max ram and teagarden in the future between C, 1st, and DH...

It's the latter. You also forgot who might be their most talented 1B prospect: Justin Smoak. They have absolutely no use for Jacobs.

bottom line with our catching situation...we need some type of CHANGE...anyone but Baker/Hoover...and if Jake is the catalyst for the trade, do it!

I'm not overly thrilled about Molina, Doumit, Laird, any of those...but we are not getting Pudge, so just get someone who is a major league level catcher...its worse if we do nothing at all

what if doumit is somehow involved in the 3 way deal for manny with the pirates sending bay to boston

It could be possible the Marlins are trying to snare Doumit from the Pirates as well as getting Manny, but then it's most likely bye-bye to Hermida, Stanon, and Tucker, plus maybe even another prospect unless the Red Sox throw one in as well.

According to the ESPN blog as of 10:48am

The Marlins are still in the catchers' market as the deadline approaches. Other names they've been linked to include Texas' Gerald Laird, Baltimore's Ramon Hernandez and the Giants' Benjie Molina. But it now appears Molina isn't going to be traded.