Hudson to have Tommy John Surgery

furcalchick

screw the Braves, i hope every pitcher for them goes down...team of the 90s my ass!!!! GOODDDDDD!!!!!!! die Braves........

boy isn't it great how these 100 pitch counts protect pitchers? what a bunch of crap!!!! they only thing it does is kill your bullpen.......IMO

Blame Bobby Cox or blame Hudson himself, but you can't put this on the Marlins.

wasn't blaming the marlins. i was stating that each of the pitchers had their last appearances against the fish.

So say Jo-Jo Reyes has a bad case of diarrhea after playing the Marlins, does that mean it's because he pitched against the Marlins?

Blame Bobby Cox or blame Hudson himself, but you can't put this on the Marlins.

wasn't blaming the marlins. i was stating that each of the pitchers had their last appearances against the fish.

So say Jo-Jo Reyes has a bad case of diarrhea after playing the Marlins, does that mean it's because he pitched against the Marlins?

HAHAHAH ROTFLMAOCLAB

Guest Guest

screw the Braves, i hope every pitcher for them goes down...team of the 90s my ass!!!! GOODDDDDD!!!!!!! die Braves........

Classy. :|

Anyway, tough loss for the Braves. Yeah, their season is definitely over now.

Oh shut up! :lol You're always glad when other players get hurt and whenever someone does get hurt you turn to me and say "good."

The Braves are staring a long term rebuilding project straight in the face now. Chipper, although talented, is still injury prone and getting old, Hudson is only signed through 2009 and he might not pitch again for them, Smoltz and Glavine very well may be done, and so on. The good news for them is they have A TON of money freeing up this off season and next, so they are well equipped to rebuild if they can get some production from their farm system and be prudent on the market.

Guest Guest

Oh shut up! :lol You're always glad when other players get hurt and whenever someone does get hurt you turn to me and say "good."

Untrue! Only when it's a Cubs player or Mets player. :thumbup

Man, it's just one blow after another for the Braves. Not gonna lie, I was a fan in the '90s -- because they were my team before 1993. I went a good while rooting for both teams because my dad told me it was OK to root for them both, despite them being in the same division. Growing up in Tallahassee, it was easier for us to catch games in ATL. I was really in love with that '95 team, but after they blew the WS in '96, I was like "Aight, Marlins forever." And then the Braves and Marlins went head-to-head in the NLCS and I was freaking out, but more than happy with the outcome. After the fire sale (devastating to a 13-year old), though, I rooted for the Braves on the side for a few more years before fully committing to the Marlins for good.

I feel a little bad for the Braves fans right now, because I know many. One of them told me yesterday that he hopes the Fish win the division.

Untrue! Only when it's a Cubs player or Mets player. :thumbup

"I hope Chipper Jones breaks a leg" --Rachel

The Braves are staring a long term rebuilding project straight in the face now. Chipper, although talented, is still injury prone and getting old, Hudson is only signed through 2009 and he might not pitch again for them, Smoltz and Glavine very well may be done, and so on. The good news for them is they have A TON of money freeing up this off season and next, so they are well equipped to rebuild if they can get some production from their farm system and be prudent on the market.

bad news is our system lacks good pitching prospects. james and yoyo reyes both suck right now, and there isn't anyone top knotch on the farm right now. i think we need to get a pitching fa and rebuild our farm system.

I feel about the Braves the way most people on this board feel about the Mets, so forget the Classy comment...

they were arrogant in the 90s for a team that for the most part fell on their faces in October.....never gave the other team credit when they lost, and who can forget John Rockhead.....

and I can't think of any other team that hung pennants up on opening day for winning a division title (meaningless in my book).........

as for me, enough bad things cannot happen to that team, I hope they end up back like they were pre 1991.....the Americas team thing when they won ONE freakin title........

so instead of saying DIE, I'll say PLEASE DIE, is that better?

I dunno, personally, the way I feel about the other main three teams in the NL East...

Mets: Pure trash, I can't stand them or their fans.

Phillies: Also trash, but where I just flat out hate the Mets, the Phillies are more of an annoyance. I'd like to see us beat the Mets 20-1 every time we play them. I'd like to see Philly lose every ballgame in the 9th against us just to piss them off.

Braves: Don't like them or anything, but I like the rivalry we had with them during the 1997 season, and the Braves announcers always give our players a lot of credit. I respect Atlanta.

With that said, best of luck to Hudson.

Hudson has really been down hill since he left the A's like most of their pitchers, but I feel bad.

Yeah I just thought about that, remember back when the Marlins and A's had the best young staff in baseball, but their staff got all the pub even though ours won a World Series? We had Beckett, Penny and Burnett while they had Hudson, Zito and Mulder... their guys moved on to huge money and terrible injuries, ours moved onto money and more success. Beckett almost won a Cy Young and did win a World Series, A.J.'s been at least solid with Toronto and Penny had an incredible year last season for the Dodgers.

And if you count Dempster as well, its even more impressive...

Hudson has really been down hill since he left the A's like most of their pitchers, but I feel bad.

Yeah I just thought about that, remember back when the Marlins and A's had the best young staff in baseball, but their staff got all the pub even though ours won a World Series? We had Beckett, Penny and Burnett while they had Hudson, Zito and Mulder... their guys moved on to huge money and terrible injuries, ours moved onto money and more success. Beckett almost won a Cy Young and did win a World Series, A.J.'s been at least solid with Toronto and Penny had an incredible year last season for the Dodgers.

And if you count Dempster as well, its even more impressive...

Its because Billy Bean gets all the pub. He is a "great" GM. I suppose he is because he gets rid of everyone before they stink :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.