Depp to be Mad Hatter in 'Alice in Wonderland'

Ashley

(AGI) - Los Angeles, 4 Aug - The Tim Burton-Johnny Depp couple is back. The director is beginning the cinematic adaptation of "Alice in Wonderland" and is planning to bring back his favourite actor. In Burton's eyes, the tale has a character which would be perfect for Depp: the Mad Hatter. The film will be out in 2010 and, if press leaks are confirmed, it will be the seventh time that Burton and Depp will be working together, who have on their curriculum such successful films together as "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow", "Edward Scissorhands" and the recent "Sweeney Todd".

Source

This should be all types of awesome. Can't wait!

Depp is awesome at pulling off bizarre personas.

is it ever going to be too much though? At some point it's no longer a new character, it's Johnny Depp playing another dark quirky role.

I love the guy, don't get me wrong. He's terrific.

Sometimes I like to see a new face though, or someone unexpected, rather than.. hey here's another perfect role for Johnny Depp!

is it ever going to be too much though? At some point it's no longer a new character, it's Johnny Depp playing another dark quirky role.

Sometimes I like to see a new face though, or someone unexpected, rather than.. hey here's another perfect role for Johnny Depp!

Well that's what he gets for constantly teaming up with Burton.

Eh, he did these roles when he wasn't teaming up with Tim Burton -- they were just better movies with Tim Burton.

I'm excited. I always love it when Tim Burton and Johnny Depp work together. My favorite director and my favorite actor make an awesome duo.

I wonder if Helena Bonham Carter is going to play the Queen of Hearts. I saw someone mention it on ONTD and it got me thinking.

Eh, he did these roles when he wasn't teaming up with Tim Burton -- they were just better movies with Tim Burton.

Arguable.