Best tools cited

Source: http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_baseb...-tools-and.html

Several members of the Marlins organization will be recognized in Baseball America's annual Best Tools issue, which identifies the most skillful players throughout professional baseball based on manager surveys.

Hanley Ramirez was named the National League's most exciting player and third-best infield arm.

"You just have to keep working so they can keep talking good about you," Ramirez said.

"The managers look at every player. You have to play within the team. I play for the team, not for me. That's how you have to do it in this game."

No Isotopes were named in the survey of Triple-A Pacific Coast League managers, but in the Double-A Southern League, John Raynor was recognized as the fastest base runner. Gaby Sanchez received best defensive first baseman and Cameron Maybin got the best defensive outfielder nod.

High Class A Jupiter's Logan Morrison was named the Florida State League's best batting prospect, best defensive first baseman and having the best strike zone judgment.

Outfielder Scott Cousins was voted the league's most exciting player.

Mike Stanton was voted as having the best power in the low Class A South Atlantic League…

Andrew Miller's next rehab start was pushed back from Tuesday to Thursday at Double-A Carolina because of a minor blister problem.

Juan C. Rodriguez can be reached at jcrodriguez@SunSentinel.com

The two most surprising things to me were Gaby and Logan both being named best defensive first basemen...that's impressive. It sure will be a nice change to have a guy out there that can field first next year.

I say let them battle it out in spring training for starter next year. If we can get back anything for Mike Jacobs, that's just gravy...

Gaby Sanchez received best defensive first baseman

Gaby just became my favorite... I really don't see why he won't be our first baseman in '09.

The same thought may have crossed Mike Jacobs' mind.

Trade Jake now and bring up Gabby Sanchez

I'm just guessing because the way the August waiver wire works who knows...but you have to think the Marlins put Jacobs out there and he cleared (in other words no takers).

There must be some just terrible defensive 1B in the southern league if Gaby was the best. Wow.

no I think with all the money his going to be making in the Major League (Marlins) he payoff all the the managers

i was not aware of raynor until very recently. of course, since i follow the team, i knew of him but i had no idea he was this good or this fast. does anybody have his eta and can you get me some background knowledge on him. thanks

Sept 2009...outside chance of making club in ST, depending if he goes to AFL or winter training. Raynor is ur basic Beinfest outfielder, a tools guy but in his case he has been a better and more productive player at every level of his career so far. Most toolsy players take time to mature and develop but Raynor has been hitting the cover off the ball since being drafted to the organization. Great speed and and excellent base stealer. He would look great batting second behind Hanley or Maybin. He does have pretty good power and is a good defensive player. If I were Willy I would be looking over my shoulder at Carolina right now

He wont be making that much money. If Sanchez does come up and start, he will only make league minimum for a year or two until he loses the starting spot to Morrison.

That's OK ,All Star players only play 3 year for the Marlins ,then they go and make millions .it's part of the routine

lol, Gaby Sanchez wont be an all star. I still have my doubts that he is even good enough to be a platoon player at this level.

Your doubts will be over pretty soon and your pretty words will have no meaning.

I want to know, honestly, how good do you think Gaby Sanchez is? What do you think the average stat line for him will be?

see that tells the whole story right there ,before I write something about a player I do my research. you are just either bashing him or hate him for no reason. gaby's # are unbelievable. His average stat line will be the same in the Majors or better.

I want to know, honestly, how good do you think Gaby Sanchez is? What do you think the average stat line for him will be?

see that tells the whole story right there ,before I write something about a player I do my research. you are just either bashing him or hate him for no reason. gaby's # are unbelievable. His average stat line will be the same in the Majors or better.

Unbelievable? Wow. Aside from his K/BB ratio, which wont be anywhere near as good in the show, there really is nothing impressive about Gaby Sanchez, unless you like first basemen with relatively no power, which will also go down against superior pitching. He is a bench player at best in MLB. And I still think you are Gaby Sanchez, as there is no other explainable reason you like this more or less average prospect so much.

Unbelievable? Wow. Aside from his K/BB ratio, which wont be anywhere near as good in the show, there really is nothing impressive about Gaby Sanchez, unless you like first basemen with relatively no power, which will also go down against superior pitching. He is a bench player at best in MLB. And I still think you are Gaby Sanchez, as there is no other explainable reason you like this more or less average prospect so much.

I wish I was Gaby ,let me give you another taste he leads the league in both OBP and the "no power ", also leads the league in extra base hits (39 dbl. 1 3B 17 HR) by the way he is not the only player I follow but he's from Miami and I would like to see him at the show.

again don't worry your doubts will be over soon.