as much as i keep hearing on these threads about how uggla sucks i refuse to believe he's a bad player. somethings bothering him whether it be ASG, overworked/tired, or changed mentality at the plate. this is not the same uggla us marlins fans are used to seeing!

He doesn't suck. He just came back to Earth.

as much as i keep hearing on these threads about how uggla sucks i refuse to believe he's a bad player. somethings bothering him whether it be ASG, overworked/tired, or changed mentality at the plate. this is not the same uggla us marlins fans are used to seeing!

ya but just cause a guys overacheiving doesnt mean hes supposed to be playing worst, maybe hes just not making the adjustments.

ya but just cause a guys overacheiving doesnt mean hes supposed to be playing worst, maybe hes just not making the adjustments.

That's why he was overachieving, in the first place. Pitchers HAVE made adjustments...and Dan Uggla hasn't (he never really has). Uggla is an all or nothing hitter, and those types of players can carry you for some time, and they can also go on major slumps.

That's why he was overachieving, in the first place. Pitchers HAVE made adjustments...and Dan Uggla hasn't (he never really has). Uggla is an all or nothing hitter, and those types of players can carry you for some time, and they can also go on major slumps.

ya ur right if he could adjust to the off speed he would be a way more productive hitter

ya ur right if he could adjust to the off speed he would be a way more productive hitter

It is called a "slump".

It is called a "slump".

It is called a "slump".

"Slump?" He passed that long ago. He's hitting .193 with a .649 .OPS in the 2nd half.

He has sucked for 2 months now.

.190/.292/.381 in July

.200/.325/.300 in August

A 2 month "slump?" huh?

Keep trying. You'll come out of a "theory" and just recognize that he came back to life.

Amazing how some people give some players on the team (like Kevin Gregg and Renyel Pinto, for example) get so much blame, yet some like Dan Uggla get so little, at times.

It is called a "slump".

"Slump?" He passed that long ago. He's hitting .193 with a .649 .OPS in the 2nd half.

.190/.292/.381 in July

.200/.325/.300 in August

A 2 month "slump?" huh?

Keep trying. You'll come out of a "theory" and just recognize that he came back to life.

Amazing how some people give some players on the team (like Kevin Gregg and Renyel Pinto, for example) get so much blame, yet some like Dan Uggla get so little, at times.

It is called a "slump".

.190/.292/.381 in July

.200/.325/.300 in August

A 2 month "slump?" huh?

Why don't you take a look at his seasonal stats the past 3 yrs? They are that of a "good" hitter... especially for a second baseman. So, then for a good hitter to not hit well for a period of time, it is called a slump, yes.

It is called a "slump".

.190/.292/.381 in July

.200/.325/.300 in August

A 2 month "slump?" huh?

Why don't you take a look at his seasonal stats the past 3 yrs? They are that of a "good" hitter... especially for a second baseman. So, then for a good hitter to not hit well for a period of time, it is called a slump, yes.

It is called a "slump".

.190/.292/.381 in July

.200/.325/.300 in August

A 2 month "slump?" huh?

No, it is called coming back to life, since his .OPS at the All-Star Break this year was 161 points higher than it was at the end of last year.

It's almost impossible to maintain such an improvement, especially when your constant mentality is to hit a 5-run HR, every AB.

Dan Uggla is one of the better hitting 2B, in the big leagues.

Yet, fact is...he's not as good as some people on this board make him out to be. He's inconsistent...very inconsistent.

As a matter of fact, his #'s are inflated b/c really...what he's done this year is have one amazing month (May).

It is called a "slump".

.190/.292/.381 in July

.200/.325/.300 in August

A 2 month "slump?" huh?

No, it is called coming back to life, since his .OPS at the All-Star Break this year was 161 points higher than it was at the end of last year.

It's almost impossible to maintain such an improvement, especially when your constant mentality is to hit a 5-run HR, every AB.

Dan Uggla is one of the better hitting 2B, in the big leagues.

Yet, fact is...he's not as good as some people on this board make him out to be. He's inconsistent...very inconsistent.

As a matter of fact, his #'s are inflated b/c really...what he's done this year is have one amazing month (May).

He hasnt been the same since the ankle injury. Im not sayin he would have stayed at the pace he was before the inury but it cant be helping him right now. He hasnt looked comfortable to me since comeing back from the injury.