Yeah, this is much more than a slump, and in this case all the stats in the world are unnecessary. Uggla is PSYCHED OUT, mentally screwed, and from what I see, is in need of something to snap him out of it. His head is still in Yankee Stadium, reliving his errors, his strikeouts, etc. On baseball's greatest stage, in front of all those superstars and Hall of Famers, and a TV audience of MILLIONS, Uggla completely came unglued and there was nowhere to hide. At such a venue, in front of all those people, on the field with the game's IMMORTALS, it is not surprising that a guy like Uggla would look around and say "wow, look at all these greats. Do I really belong here?" Anybody could have thoughts like that, even guys who were first round draft picks, can't miss stars since Little League, which Uggla most assuredly was NOT. And then he gets into the game and everything goes wrong. Every ball hit at him gets bobbled or booted, every pitch gets swung at and missed or batted into a DP. And that voice inside his head that was merely questioning "do I belong here", now is answering in a loud voice "no, you don't belong here with these great players; you don't have the talent". And as much as a guy wants to banish this voice and tell it to STFU, he can't, and it gets louder with every strikeout, more insistent with every error. Sometimes it's so loud that he forgets where he is and what he's supposed to be doing. He sees steal signs where there were none, forgets how many outs there are, and at bat, his thinking is completely distorted. Where he used to guess fastball before, he now guesses fastball, but REJECTS that thought because he no longer trusts his own instincts. So he guesses fastball, but thinks, "no, that must be wrong, it's gonna be a curve", and of course it IS a fastball and he strikes out looking.

Laugh if you want, I couldn't care less, but Uggla's head is still in Yankee Stadium, lost somewhere out there in extra innings, and he looks like he might need professional help to snap out of this, sports psychologist, hypnosis, maybe a witch doctor, lol, I don't know. But I do know this: this is NOT a slump. This has affected every single aspect of his game, hitting, defense, base running, decision making, the whole nine yards. He's got "it" and he's got it bad, and I believe he's gonna need help to get rid of it.

I remeber chuck knoblock some how forgot how to throw to first from second was the craziest thing. That was in his head. There was another guy who that ahppened to too who snapped out of it. Dan should go talk to him.

You are correct! But Knoblauch's problem was SPECIFIC, just one thing, throwing to 1st. Steve Sax went through that as well. There were pitchers like Steve Trout who sudddenly lost it and could not throw a strike. Recently it happened to Rick Ankiel who was a good enough athlete that he quit pitching completely and turned himself in to a successsful outfielder. There was a catcher for the Mets, Mackey Sasser who developed a crazy problem: he couldn't throw the ball back to the piitcher! It was wild, but he'd double or triple pump the throw back to the pitcher, causing everyone to go nuts. Guys would steal, the whole nine yards. But all of these are examples of guys who had one specific problem; everything else they did was unaffected by it. Sasser and Knoblauch were still fine hitters, for example. Uggla's problem is different because all aspects of his game are suffering, not just one thing.

The worse i saw was Steve Blass of the Pirates, great in the WS, next year could not get the ball over the plate, had to leave baseball.

Yeah, this is much more than a slump, and in this case all the stats in the world are unnecessary. Uggla is PSYCHED OUT, mentally screwed, and from what I see, is in need of something to snap him out of it. His head is still in Yankee Stadium, reliving his errors, his strikeouts, etc. On baseball's greatest stage, in front of all those superstars and Hall of Famers, and a TV audience of MILLIONS, Uggla completely came unglued and there was nowhere to hide. At such a venue, in front of all those people, on the field with the game's IMMORTALS, it is not surprising that a guy like Uggla would look around and say "wow, look at all these greats. Do I really belong here?" Anybody could have thoughts like that, even guys who were first round draft picks, can't miss stars since Little League, which Uggla most assuredly was NOT. And then he gets into the game and everything goes wrong. Every ball hit at him gets bobbled or booted, every pitch gets swung at and missed or batted into a DP. And that voice inside his head that was merely questioning "do I belong here", now is answering in a loud voice "no, you don't belong here with these great players; you don't have the talent". And as much as a guy wants to banish this voice and tell it to STFU, he can't, and it gets louder with every strikeout, more insistent with every error. Sometimes it's so loud that he forgets where he is and what he's supposed to be doing. He sees steal signs where there were none, forgets how many outs there are, and at bat, his thinking is completely distorted. Where he used to guess fastball before, he now guesses fastball, but REJECTS that thought because he no longer trusts his own instincts. So he guesses fastball, but thinks, "no, that must be wrong, it's gonna be a curve", and of course it IS a fastball and he strikes out looking.

Laugh if you want, I couldn't care less, but Uggla's head is still in Yankee Stadium, lost somewhere out there in extra innings, and he looks like he might need professional help to snap out of this, sports psychologist, hypnosis, maybe a witch doctor, lol, I don't know. But I do know this: this is NOT a slump. This has affected every single aspect of his game, hitting, defense, base running, decision making, the whole nine yards. He's got "it" and he's got it bad, and I believe he's gonna need help to get rid of it.

I remeber chuck knoblock some how forgot how to throw to first from second was the craziest thing. That was in his head. There was another guy who that ahppened to too who snapped out of it. Dan should go talk to him.

You are correct! But Knoblauch's problem was SPECIFIC, just one thing, throwing to 1st. Steve Sax went through that as well. There were pitchers like Steve Trout who sudddenly lost it and could not throw a strike. Recently it happened to Rick Ankiel who was a good enough athlete that he quit pitching completely and turned himself in to a successsful outfielder. There was a catcher for the Mets, Mackey Sasser who developed a crazy problem: he couldn't throw the ball back to the piitcher! It was wild, but he'd double or triple pump the throw back to the pitcher, causing everyone to go nuts. Guys would steal, the whole nine yards. But all of these are examples of guys who had one specific problem; everything else they did was unaffected by it. Sasser and Knoblauch were still fine hitters, for example. Uggla's problem is different because all aspects of his game are suffering, not just one thing.

The worse i saw was Steve Blass of the Pirates, great in the WS, next year could not get the ball over the plate, had to leave baseball.

Ah, a guy who remembers Steve Blass! Let's hope that this DOES NOT happen to our boy Uggla.

Ah, a guy who remembers Steve Blass! Let's hope that this DOES NOT happen to our boy Uggla.

1st Half Danny (Career): .861 .OPS

2nd Half Danny (Career): .756 .OPS

"Slump?" "Psyched Out?" "Ankle Injury?" (obviously it's not his ankle...unfortunately...maybe if his ankle was actually hurt, he wouldn't try stealing a base in the 9th inning, 2 runs down).

Whatever. It's an opinion, in which there is no right or wrong. You have yours and I have mine. And we all hope he comes out of it, soon.

As far as my grammar, and the overusage of comma's; get a clue. At least I try using comma's and period's every once in awhile. If you're going to complain about my comma's, you (Puma) might as well try giving a lecture to everyone on this board about correct grammar / punctuation. (which you're not in a position to do, since you also make mistakes, anyways).

Talk to me when you have some statistics in hand, and you're ready to talk baseball. I can learn more about Literature and Grammar this year in English IV.

"Slump?" "Psyched Out?" "Ankle Injury?" (obviously it's not his ankle...unfortunately...maybe if his ankle was actually hurt, he wouldn't try stealing a base in the 9th inning, 2 runs down).

Whatever. It's an opinion, in which there is no right or wrong. You have yours and I have mine. And we all hope he comes out of it, soon.

As far as my grammar, and the overusage of comma's; get a clue. At least I try using comma's and period's every once in awhile. If you're going to complain about my comma's, you (Puma) might as well try giving a lecture to everyone on this board about correct grammar / punctuation. (which you're not in a position to do, since you also make mistakes, anyways).

Talk to me when you have some statistics in hand, and you're ready to talk baseball. I can learn more about Literature and Grammar this year in English IV.

from an article on the official marlins website, posted within last 15 mins or so:

"It's just a matter of time before I get hot again," Uggla said. "Until that happens, I'm going to do my thing. It's just a matter of time. That's the player I am, I'm kind of streaky."

at least he acknowledges his streaky nature

from an article on the official marlins website, posted within last 15 mins or so:

"It's just a matter of time before I get hot again," Uggla said. "Until that happens, I'm going to do my thing. It's just a matter of time. That's the player I am, I'm kind of streaky."

See? It's not a lie...Uggla is streaky. Even he says it, himself. Good search, Schnellders. :thumbup

See? It's not a lie...Uggla is streaky. Even he says it, himself. Good search, Schnellders. :thumbup

The injury has nothing to do with it. It was his embarrassing performance at the All-Star game that destroyed his confidence.

Seriously. I don't buy a whole lot into "emotions" of the game, but a performance like that could shatter a man's demeanor. He said it didn't phase him, but I don't buy it for a minute.

It was only a few games from his return from injury to the ASB, but Danny was 3-14 with only 1 XBH, a double.

I honestly believe it was the ankle, not the ASG.

The injury has nothing to do with it. It was his embarrassing performance at the All-Star game that destroyed his confidence.

Seriously. I don't buy a whole lot into "emotions" of the game, but a performance like that could shatter a man's demeanor. He said it didn't phase him, but I don't buy it for a minute.

It was only a few games from his return from injury to the ASB, but Danny was 3-14 with only 1 XBH, a double.

No. I already proved you wrong with statistics (see my post on last page).

I'm kinda tired of you and your "I'm never wrong" attitude. I'll leave it at that.

I'm kinda tired of you and your "I'm never wrong" attitude. I'll leave it at that.

Really? I don't see on ANY #'s on ANY of your posts, in this thread.

If you're so tired of the "I'm never wrong" attitude (whatever the hell that means) then you can just skip by my posts, and listen to what everyone else has to say.

Quite frankly, I'm sick and tired of your changing opinions attitude. :rolleyes: Like for example...the "Kevin Gregg blowin' ur ballgamez" sig disappeared quickly, since he's saved 13 of 14, after the sig was created.

Everyone on this board including me, has a flaw in their posting. And that includes you. So, yeah, "I'll leave it at that..." as well.

If you're so tired of the "I'm never wrong" attitude (whatever the hell that means) then you can just skip by my posts, and listen to what everyone else has to say.

Quite frankly, I'm sick and tired of your changing opinions attitude. :rolleyes: Like for example...the "Kevin Gregg blowin' ur ballgamez" sig disappeared quickly, since he's saved 13 of 14, after the sig was created.

Everyone on this board including me, has a flaw in their posting. And that includes you. So, yeah, "I'll leave it at that..." as well.

i refuse to believe that his performance in the All-Star game is the main reason for his poor play of late

so ur telling me every time hes at the plate hes thinking "f*** this game....if only i hadnt struck out 3 times at Yankee Stadium..."

or when he ran through a stop sign the other day or attempted a steal in the bottom of the 9th in wotever game it was a couple of weeks ago that hes thinking "oh god i bobbled the ball a couple times at the AS game that resulted in errors"

That's the great thing about America; you are free to believe whatever you want! Let me break it down for you. Since his traumatic experience in the All Star Game, Uggla's been in a fog. He's like a guy who's shell shocked. He's going through the motions, but mentally he's not there. He's doubting his own ability, and I would not be surprised if he's even questioning whether he belongs in baseball at all. He doesn't trust his own baseball instincts anymore, and he's THINKING way too much out there, rather than just playing the game. Like I said, it's not just his hitting, but also his fielding, his base running, his decision making; his whole game is f*cked up right now. I hope he snaps out of it, but he might not. He might need professional help. Anyway, like I said, America is a beautiful country and that's MY opinion about Uggla; you are entitled to yours.

Yeah, America is a great country, too bad he lives in Scotland. :lol

Regardless, I agree with you 100%. Poor performances like this don't just happen out of nowhere. It's much too intense to be an injury (and btw, if it were an injury, don't you think Dan would tell everyone he thinks it's causing his poor performance?).

I think the dude is messed up mentally. The mind is a powerful thing.

It's naive to think it's not possible just because it "sounds funny". It is a very realistic possibility.

i refuse to believe that his performance in the All-Star game is the main reason for his poor play of late

so ur telling me every time hes at the plate hes thinking "f*** this game....if only i hadnt struck out 3 times at Yankee Stadium..."

or when he ran through a stop sign the other day or attempted a steal in the bottom of the 9th in wotever game it was a couple of weeks ago that hes thinking "oh god i bobbled the ball a couple times at the AS game that resulted in errors"

That's the great thing about America; you are free to believe whatever you want! Let me break it down for you. Since his traumatic experience in the All Star Game, Uggla's been in a fog. He's like a guy who's shell shocked. He's going through the motions, but mentally he's not there. He's doubting his own ability, and I would not be surprised if he's even questioning whether he belongs in baseball at all. He doesn't trust his own baseball instincts anymore, and he's THINKING way too much out there, rather than just playing the game. Like I said, it's not just his hitting, but also his fielding, his base running, his decision making; his whole game is f*cked up right now. I hope he snaps out of it, but he might not. He might need professional help. Anyway, like I said, America is a beautiful country and that's MY opinion about Uggla; you are entitled to yours.

Regardless, I agree with you 100%. Poor performances like this don't just happen out of nowhere. It's much too intense to be an injury (and btw, if it were an injury, don't you think Dan would tell everyone he thinks it's causing his poor performance?).

It's naive to think it's not possible just because it "sounds funny". It is a very realistic possibility.

and what is wrong with Scotland?

much better country than yours will ever be, and i love going to america

Cool some one agrees with me. Everyone seems to forget he never really recovered from the injury. He came back during the dodger series then went straight to the home run derby and the asg. I just dont see dan as the type of guy who would let the ASG bother him people have doubted him his whole life and hes proved them wrong.

Cool some one agrees with me. Everyone seems to forget he never really recovered from the injury. He came back during the dodger series then went straight to the home run derby and the asg. I just dont see dan as the type of guy who would let the ASG bother him people have doubted him his whole life and hes proved them wrong.

Ok, then maybe you should check again.

Post 15 of the thread

You're incorrect. "Coming back to life" would mean he is doing what he has done before in his career. What he is doing now is just complete suckage, and would probably be characterized as a slump. A slump can last for two months in my estimation.

Super Dan (pre ASB Dan): .300/.380/.600

Normal Dan ("Back to earth Dan"): .260/.330/.500

Suckage Dan (now Dan/slump Dan): .189/.298/.336

And another thing, I didn't change my opinion on Kevin Gregg. I've never liked him, and I still don't. It disappeared quickly because I had to change my sig because of a shameful sig bet lost with Rab :( . While he has done well lately, that still doesn't change my opinion of him. He blew some critical games for us at the time I had it up.

Ok, then maybe you should check again.

Post 15 of the thread

You're incorrect. "Coming back to life" would mean he is doing what he has done before in his career. What he is doing now is just complete suckage, and would probably be characterized as a slump. A slump can last for two months in my estimation.

Super Dan (pre ASB Dan): .300/.380/.600

Normal Dan ("Back to earth Dan"): .260/.330/.500

Suckage Dan (now Dan/slump Dan): .189/.298/.336

And another thing, I didn't change my opinion on Kevin Gregg. I've never liked him, and I still don't. It disappeared quickly because I had to change my sig because of a shameful sig bet lost with Rab :( . While he has done well lately, that still doesn't change my opinion of him. He blew some critical games for us at the time I had it up.

Woah, Woah, Woah. You've got the wrong idea here, lol. I wasn't putting Scotland down at all. The reason I said it was because Ligero was saying "Oh, well since we're in America you are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine" etc.

Don't want to start World War III over here :p