Built for 2009?

that response was uber cute... but, it didn't address my question. Cuz, in the post I mentioned those reasons are superficial to me because when you get down to who will be the more productive player on a team that has willingham and hermida, i think it will always be willingham.... making those superficial reasons appealing to another team, meaning hermida most likely would have a greater trade value than willy... but do not make him as good a player as willingham will be in 09.

I just don't think hermida is a lock in 09 is all....

and yea, i know it's easier to play left at DS.

Erick, your article is good, but, there are way too many, unneccessary, commas. Other, than that, and, the fact that, you, want Pudge, Rodriguez to start for, us, at catcher, it is a, pretty, nice, piece.

Don't be mean! We all know Erick loves commas.

that response was uber cute... but, it didn't address my question. Cuz, in the post I mentioned those reasons are superficial to me because when you get down to who will be the more productive player on a team that has willingham and hermida, i think it will always be willingham.... making those superficial reasons appealing to another team, meaning hermida most likely would have a greater trade value than willy... but do not make him as good a player as willingham will be in 09.

I just don't think hermida is a lock in 09 is all....

and yea, i know it's easier to play left at DS.

Those aren't superficial reasons, they are very real reasons. Hermida is only 24 and has WAY more upside than Willingham, who not only has a bad back, but is in the bottom half of production for all LFers.

Hermida does have better trade value, but that's because he's more valuable. Hammer is very replacable.

Erick, your article is good, but, there are way too many, unneccessary, commas. Other, than that, and, the fact that, you, want Pudge, Rodriguez to start for, us, at catcher, it is a, pretty, nice, piece.

Don't be mean! We all know Erick loves commas.

:p

Those aren't superficial reasons, they are very real reasons. Hermida is only 24 and has WAY more upside than Willingham, who not only has a bad back, but is in the bottom half of production for all LFers.

Hermida does have better trade value, but that's because he's more valuable. Hammer is very replacable.

that is a subjective argument in favor of hermida. but, what has he actually done to make you think he'll be anything greater than (hopefully) an average right fielder? he hasn't shown anything to suggest he's going to be anywhere near the kind of impact player some people for some reason think he will be. the only thing suggesting he has "WAY more upside" is he was a first-round pick. o, and also his 1 half of a season performance when the team had no chance at the playoffs. it's been 3 yrs... when will he start playing to his potential?

i see hermida as very replacable too... and if we can get good value for him now, please trade him.

I'd like to see Hermida one more year under a different hitting instructor. If he doesn't show improvement next year, then you can call for his head. Cody is just more likeable for some reason, and I think that's the only reason people want him over Hermida. But Ross really isn't a better hitter than Jeremy. And I think the left handed bat is more valuable. What you see in Ross this year is his ceiling. He's gonna bat about .260, hit about 20 home runs, drive in between 60-70, have a decent on base percentage, but also a very streaky guy who strikes out a lot just like everyone else on this team.

that is a subjective argument in favor of hermida. but, what has he actually done to make you think he'll be anything greater than (hopefully) an average right fielder? he hasn't shown anything to suggest he's going to be anywhere near the kind of impact player some people for some reason think he will be. the only thing suggesting he has "WAY more upside" is he was a first-round pick. o, and also his 1 half of a season performance when the team had no chance at the playoffs. it's been 3 yrs... when will he start playing to his potential?

i see hermida as very replacable too... and if we can get good value for him now, please trade him.

in his 4th and 5th years :p

were more curious than we are sure though

hermida has the tools to be good but he looks like a freakin dtoner when he plays baseball he needs to mature and start using the talent he has

o and how do you people know that raynor will post up good numbers his rookie year

i mean yea he'll steal 20-30 bases but he has to get on base 1st.

he wont bat 300 in his first year and his K:BB ratio isnt that great either

I'd like to see Hermida one more year under a different hitting instructor. If he doesn't show improvement next year, then you can call for his head. Cody is just more likeable for some reason, and I think that's the only reason people want him over Hermida. But Ross really isn't a better hitter than Jeremy. And I think the left handed bat is more valuable. What you see in Ross this year is his ceiling. He's gonna bat about .260, hit about 20 home runs, drive in between 60-70, have a decent on base percentage, but also a very streaky guy who strikes out a lot just like everyone else on this team.

CODY CODY CODY

are 3 words that help people like him

CODY CODY CODY

u all have to understand, fans like players who constantly show emotion and give 100% every day, Cody is one of those players who just seems like he is just happy to be on the field, Hermida shows no effort, and seems like we are the ones who are privledged to have him on our team, just always seemed like an arrogent d*ck imo

hermida has the tools to be good but he looks like a freakin dtoner when he plays baseball he needs to mature and start using the talent he has

o and how do you people know that raynor will post up good numbers his rookie year

How do you know that?

Besides, you dont need to bat .300 in order to have a good year.

CODY CODY CODY

u all have to understand, fans like players who constantly show emotion and give 100% every day, Cody is one of those players who just seems like he is just happy to be on the field, Hermida shows no effort, and seems like we are the ones who are privledged to have him on our team, just always seemed like an arrogent d*ck imo

he looks like 1 but hes not hes slow as sh*t in the field because he has 2 blown up knees which he still get physical theropy for and idk why hes even playing with the injury

Cody is one of the most hardest working guys on the field in the entire league. And he very smart in the field and gives you solid at bats no matter the outcome

i would like to keep both and start maybin and keep raynor on the bench and give him starts every wekk giving maybin a day off

How do you know that?

because he dosent have power and if he dosent get on base he cant steal which makes him basically reggie abercrombie with no power

How do you know that?

example Ryan Howard

How do you know that?

because he dosent have power and if he dosent get on base he cant steal which makes him basically reggie abercrombie with no power

Well, if he had a ton of power then he would be hitting many home runs, which means he wouldn't be getting on base anyway. In order to steal a lot of bases, you have to hit singles, not doubles/home runs.

Well, if he had a ton of power then he would be hitting many home runs, which means he wouldn't be getting on base anyway. In order to steal a lot of bases, you have to hit singles, not doubles/home runs.

thast what im saying

he needs a high avg and obp

but if he dosent lower his K:BB ration which is like 150 to 72

he wont get on base to steal thoose bases in which he'll be batting like 260 with 50 SB's

which makes him like Willy Tavares

if Raynor starts next year, here are how i see his stats lookin

.290 10 HR 50 RBI 35 SB 85 K's

:banghead

i see more like 265 8 HR 40 RBI 40 SB ? K's

why so pestimistic? u seem to be so high on Coughlen, yet Raynor has a higher BA than Coughlen, he also has more steals, a high OBP, Higher slugging % and a lot less errors.

thast what im saying

he wont get on base to steal thoose bases in which he'll be batting like 260 with 50 SB's

So you agree with me when I say in order to steal more bases, its better to have less power?

why so pestimistic? u seem to be so high on Coughlen, yet Raynor has a higher BA than Coughlen, he also has more steals, a high OBP, Higher slugging % and a lot less errors.

thast what im saying

So you agree with me when I say in order to steal more bases, its better to have less power?

o course like reyass, ellsbury, and tavares they only hit singles to steal second and soemtimes 3rd

but lets hope he dosent become like them because they all have crappy av's( except for Reyass)

but yea you need to be a singles hitter and take walks to steal bases

im not so high on him either

id rather hav uggs next year to give coghln a year on the bench to

but coghlan is a higher prospect and if he starts next year i see

280 avg 15 HR 60 RBI 20 SB (15 errors :banghead )

remember yesterday? I said if i want to spell it pestimistic instead of pessimistic then damn i will spell it like i want to,