This Season is Over

as we all now our organization is cheap but moves need to be made. if the loria would increase the payroll these would be the moves i'd make. i'd sign joe crede to like a 2-3 year deal so we could move cantu to 1st and crede has had a good number of errors this season but i think his back has slowed him a little until he has time to fully recover. i'd also sign ivan rodriguez to a 1 or 2 year deal to mentor the young pitching staff. finally i'd trade jacobs for bullpen help because tonite was just a disgrace. a cheap outfielder like baldelli for insurance because willingham hasn't been him self wouldn't hurt either. i'd like to keep miller and maybin in the minors for one more season to really develop and be ready to make a major impact in the majors. definitely don't want tankersley or kensing anywhere near the major league roster.

Joe Crede? He isn't very good.

Neither is Pudge.

Maybin and Miller are ready for the majors.

neither are great but they're veterans that have been in pennant races and our young players have really showed their inexperience since the all-star break. miller might be ready if he learns to control his pitches better but i'm not sure if maybin is. if maybin gets called up then we could see how he can fully impact the major league roster.

Veteran experience is over-rated.

it is slightly but a team needs a leader. someone who's been through these situations who they could look to for help. if gonzo is our veteran experience then we're in trouble.

makes zero sense. even if the vet thing did have any merit, gonzo's certainly been through all these situations before.

it is slightly overrated but a team needs a leader. someone who's been through these situations who they could look to for help. if gonzo is our veteran experience then we're in trouble.

The same Luis Gonzalez who led the DBacks for a number of years? The same Luis Gonzalez who led them to a World Series win? The same Luis Gonzalez who had the winning hit (I think) in that World Series?

Just making sure.

it is slightly but a team needs a leader. someone who's been through these situations who they could look to for help. if gonzo is our veteran experience then we're in trouble.

makes zero sense. even if the vet thing did have any merit, gonzo's certainly been through all these situations before.

gonzo isn't even starting. there is no one on this team they can look to when the pitcher is struggling and the team gathers for a meeting to talk things out.

it is slightly overrated but a team needs a leader. someone who's been through these situations who they could look to for help. if gonzo is our veteran experience then we're in trouble.

What does Pudge have that Gonzo doesn't?

They've both won World Series... they're both veterans... long careers... the only difference is, Pudge is the first ballot hall of famer

The same Luis Gonzalez who led the DBacks for a number of years? The same Luis Gonzalez who led them to a World Series win? The same Luis Gonzalez who had the winning hit (I think) in that World Series?

Just making sure.

Yeah, it was him, he drove in Jay Bell

a team needs veterans to win and lead the way. no way in hell would the marlins have won in 03 if it wasn't for pudge and conine.

Pudge was much better in 03 then he is now

2003: .297 .369 .474

Now: .281 .326 .402

Huge dropoffs in OBP and SLG... dude's a shell of his former self

i know i'm not saying he's going to be as good. i'm just saying we need veteran addictions in the field. i like baker but he's not very good defensively and we need someone behind the plate that can mentor the staff. any suggestions who we should or could pickup to improve this team through trades or signings.

a team needs veterans to win and lead the way. no way in hell would the marlins have won in 03 if it wasn't for pudge and conine.

Pudge was much better in 03 then he is now

2003: .297 .369 .474

Now: .281 .326 .402

Huge dropoffs in OBP and SLG... dude's a shell of his former self

i know i'm not saying he's going to be as good. i'm just saying we need veteran addictions in the field. i like baker but he's not very good defensively and we need someone behind the plate that can mentor the staff. any suggestions who we should or could pickup to improve this team through trades or signings.

If we're looking at someone cheap, and I think he would have to opt-out for it to even be a possibility, I've said it before and I'll say it again, Redmond... but a Baker/Treanor combo isn't the worst thing in the world, look around the league