I'm encouraged about the future

Everlong204

Regardless of what person holds the highest office in the land and which party they're affiliated with, it will be a challenging time with at least some unsolvable problems, the blame for which will inevitably be placed at their feet.

The previous two elections provided me with these choices - Bush/Cheney, Gore/Lieberman, Kerry/Edwards - that did not inspire me in the least. In a complete 180 this time around, I find both presidential candidates and both vice presidential candidates give me hope for the future. As Obama addressed in his speech at the DNC last week, there are clearly issues on which the two sides differ, but there are also core ideas within each that they can all agree upon. It is for that reason that, while my views may skew towards the Republican party, given my conservative leanings and my belief in small government (which Bush did not promote to my chagrin) I would not be so averse to a Obama/Biden victory in November (at least as much as democrats in the past).

I sincerely believe the four people on the major party tickets this election are truly good people with good intentions. I can handle differences in opinion from someone who sincerely seems to care about the common good, something I'm not convinced about in the current administration.

I am encouraged for the future because someone like Ron Paul could have such an impact on tens of thousands of people the way he did this election. His message has strongly influenced many intelligent young people and he has started a revolution that will be the future of politics. His message is clear and makes sense, and someone, somewhere, one day is going to carry that torch to new heights.

What he did will not be forgotten and his run will matter.

You're in for a rude awakening (at the risk of sounding like a broken record).

Risk? Try guarantee.

At least I try to support my reasoning from time to time instead of simply ranting about how evil Republicans are.

Who's really the broken record here?

To be honest, probably both of us.

You're in for a rude awakening (at the risk of sounding like a broken record).

Risk? Try guarantee.

At least I try to support my reasoning from time to time instead of simply ranting about how evil Republicans are.

Who's really the broken record here?

To be honest, probably both of us.

:lol