Proud of this team, for a very simple reason

LordMagnus

This is one of the very few teams I can say that plays for the love of the game. They just never seem to stop fighting. Though they make some moves and do some things that make me curse out loud, I will always remember this 2008 team for the heart it showed. I have never seen a team like this before. They aren't the most talented team, they aren't the most fundamentally sound, they aren't the most intelligent, but I love them anyhow. Here's to the Flying Fish of 08, and the NL East Champions of 09.

agreed, and FYI, watch out for the Twins this year, they earliy remind me of the 03 marlins

Yep Yep

Great Job Marlins you Guys busted ass This season You never Gave Up and Always found a way.

Im Gonna Miss all the Guys who have done so much good like Jake alothough his defense made me puke and his eye for the strikezone was like a Blindman but he DID hit Bombs and drive in some key Runs or Olsen who sweated his ass off to try keep his team ahead and Uggla who had his highs and lows but his Name will always be DAN UGGLA.

Can't Wait til next Seasons adventures

:notworthy THANK YOU 2008 FLORIDA MARLINS :notworthy

Don't know if this is in another thread somewhere, but Gammons was on BBTN and said that with Maybin in center, shifting Ross to right, upgrading the right side of the diamond defensively (meaning Jacobs since Uggla was adequate defensively), and the pitching coming back, the Marlins will enter next year as a favorite in the NL East. Can't say I disagree. They were so close this year despite a first half rotation that was a trainwreck and a backend of the bullpen in the second half that was almost as bad.

The WS seasons were obviously 1a and 1b in the list of best in Marlin history, but this year was pretty damn close. The games were competitive and exciting in wins and losses. That, and being in the race until the final few weeks, is all you can really ask as a fan. Well that, and ending the NY Mets season in the last game at Shea Stadium.

Being a Marlins fan is never easy, but it is also never dull. I'm sure this off-season will be eventful as usual. I cannot wait for the stadium issue being finally resolved, spring training to begin, and being at the stadium in April for Opening Day (always the best day of the year)! GO FISH!!

my hats off to the fish.....never thought they would win 70 and look what they did.....84? fantastic , and I especially love the way they played the last few weeks, when there was no playoffs to play for.....gotta give credit where credit is due.....

go cubbies, end the drought

great year but its hurts to think of where we couldve been

anyway, we will be contenders next year as I do expect of us every year and i look foward to making some key additions.

also i think mike jacobs will continue to improve and bring down the strike outs and improve the average.

the defense was better and i cannot wait to see what maybin can do in a full season

great year but its hurts to think of where we couldve been

anyway, we will be contenders next year as I do expect of us every year and i look foward to making some key additions.

also i think mike jacobs will continue to improve and bring down the strike outs and improve the average.

the defense was better and i cannot wait to see what maybin can do in a full season

Mike Jacobs won't be here in '09.

U never know Erick, he is still a presence to be reckoned wit in the middle of the lineup. He would be worth the 3-4 million he would be asking for imo. He is an almost automatic 35+ home run 100+ RBI guy, Sanchez can wait another year.

With Cantu's ability to play first base, as well as Gaby Sanchez waiting in the wings, there's very little reason to retain Mike Jacobs. You have two possible replacements for him. Get something for him and give us a more balanced line up.