Fish of the Year

Admin

My vote goes to our ace Ricky Nolasco.

Hanley had a solid year, however his numbers are about what I expected, although I thought his BA woulda been slightly higher.

Uggla, more of the same, he produced as expected. Credit is due tho for carrying us offensively in the 1st half.

I rooted for Cantu from day one, and he far exceeded my expectations for this year. As great as he was, he showed baseball he was capable of such a season in 2005 and this leads to why I picked Nolasco. His performances were completely out of the blue. There was no previous indication that he could perform at such a high level. He dominated for basically the whole season and stepped up to become an ace when the team needed one most.

Nolasco was a stud this year but our best player is Hanley Ramirez. (Now if Ricky would have beaten Santana in that last game...)

If we are basing this off one game, maybe Ricky would have beat Johan if Hanley didn't go 0-3.

:rolleyes:

Hey, I'm not they one saying a guy would have been the team MVP is only his offense didn't stink on a day where he gave up 2 runs and struckout 10.

I went with cantu, he was good all year never really slumped and always seemed to come up big. I just cant vote for a pitcher unless they do waht CC did for the brewers in the 2nd half on 3 days rest like 3 times in a row. Ricky was great this year by far our best pitchers but he only played every 5 days.

I'm going with ace Enrique Nolasco. He was one of the best pitchers in baseball this year.

2nd in WHIP, 9th in H/9IP, 3rd in BB/9IP, 8th in Ks, 2nd in SO/BB, 7th in IP. Give that man a klondike bar.

Not to mention he had a pretty bad April and a mediocre May. Not that May was that bad, but his era was near 4 and his whip was over 1.40, so to put up those kind of numbers with 2 sub-par months under his belt is phenomenal. An awesome year for Ricky.

Although Hanley was our most productive offensive player, that was expected of him. Cant? exceeded everyone's expectations, so he gets my vote. In fact, I think I recall him winning the FSN poll handily, as well.

Kudos also to Nolasco, for a full season of quality stuff. I'm also encouraged by what we saw of Johnson, and hope he can give us a full season's worth in '09.