THE Trades

Now bear with me. I have done my research and have checked sites and this is what I have come up with:

--------------------

Los Angeles Dodgers:

Matt Kemp

Florida Marlins:

Dan Uggla

Jesus Delgado

-----------------

Oakland Athletics:

Joey Devine

Florida Marlins:

Mike Jacobs

----------------

Minnesota Twins:

Craig Breslow

Mariano Gomez

Cash

Florida Marlins:

Jeremy Hermida

Kevin Gregg

----------------

First order of business, Power. You could probably say that we are losing have of our power by trading Jacobs and Uggla. But, power is not what we need right now. We have enough in McPherson, Cantu, and Hanley. We need to go back and bring out the small ball Jack McKeon used to run. But with Uggla and Jake gone, we are also cutting our errors in half. Now for my explanations on these trades:

-----------------

The Dodger Trade

Dodger's Point of View

No matter how much you deny it and with the right bait, Kemp can be available. Kemp is an unnecessary luxury. He is great to have but unneeded. If the Dodgers sign Manny, eventhough he said before the trade that he didn't want his new team to sign him and he has said hes happy in LA, the Dodgers would have Manny, A-Jones, JP, Kemp, and Andre Ethier. Wow. Jeff Kent has said very recently that he has a a great final season. Their current second-baseman starter Blake DeWitt is nothing special so they could use and afford Uggla. The Dodgers website said that their winter project will be pitching so Delgado will be a good addition.

Marlins Point of View

Kemp would be one of the smartest additions to the team. We could have him in right field and in the second spot of the lineup. He has some power that can subsitute Uggla's. As for Delgado, he also is an unnecessary luxury since we have plenty of pitching prospects. For 2nd base, we could let Coughlin and Andino battle it out in Spring Training.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Oakland Trade

Athletics Point of View For awile now, the A's have needed a decent first baseman since Giambi left. Jacobs would be a great addition for them. Hes got power and is an All-Star compared to their current first baseman. They have a pretty good 'pen so Devine gone would not hurt them.

Marlins Point of View

Joey Devine has had a spectacular year. His stats don't lie: 6-1 | 0.59 | 42 Games. Jake, in my opinion would not be a bad loss. For next year, I would put Canu at 1st and Dallas at 3rd.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twin's Point of View

The Twins also have needed a good right fielder for awhile. Jeremy would be a good fit. Gregg can be a good setup man for them.

Marlins Point of View

Hermida and Gregg just have to go. We have given Hermida long enough to prove himself but he just hasn't pulled through. Gregg, well, I don't have to tell you. Breslow is an outstanding hurler. He has done great and would be a great pen-man for us. Gomez will be something to look for 2 years from now.

Thank you for reading this. Again, this is my opinion, if you don't agree with it, please don't discriminate me.

I don't want to trade Hermida. Sure, he's been here 3 years, but he's still 24. The person most on here want him replaced with, Raynor, is actually a little older than he is.

While I don't know how doable those trades are or how much I like them, I have to give you props for putting alot of thought into them.

I like the possibilities of the first trade, but I would rather keep Uggla, and if we are going to trade him use him in a different sense of a trade, such as getting ourselves a bullpen arm. Matt Kemp would be a great player to get in a trade, I don't know what it would take to get him though. I don't think the A's want Jacobs tbh. They are looking to build off of pitching and defense for the future, and Jacobs doesn't fit in the plan. The third trade makes absolutely no sense, mostly because nobody would want Gregg via trade, and although Hermida has potential he has nearly ZERO trade value at this point

I don't think the A's want Jacobs tbh. They are looking to build off of pitching and defense for the future, and Jacobs doesn't fit in the plan. The third trade makes absolutely no sense, mostly because nobody would want Gregg via trade, and although Hermida has potential he has nearly ZERO trade value at this point

Whos your source?

The Twins have Delmon Young in RF, and despite not having a great year, he has potential meaning they certainly wouldnt need Hermida

No sir, Denard Span is their right fielder, Young is in left.

and they have Gomez in center, along with Cuddyer who can play the outfield. Who do you think they are, the Dodgers? They wouldn't want to get another OF'er, that is completely unneccisary

I don't think the A's want Jacobs tbh. They are looking to build off of pitching and defense for the future, and Jacobs doesn't fit in the plan. The third trade makes absolutely no sense, mostly because nobody would want Gregg via trade, and although Hermida has potential he has nearly ZERO trade value at this point

Whos your source?

I don't need a source, I just read a bunch of articles. People have spoken that if Gregg had 35+ saves with 5 or less blown saves, we could've gotten a B prospect in return, but he led the league in BS, he is nothing but a middle reliever that would be signed for minimum contract, think of BK Kim.

Hermida is just like Quentin was with the D-Backs, they gave him time to grow up, and he never did. They let him go at the end of his contract, and the White Sox signed him for almost minimum cash.

Whos your source?

Hermida is just like Quentin was with the D-Backs, they gave him time to grow up, and he never did. They let him go at the end of his contract, and the White Sox signed him for almost minimum cash.

Trade him before teams realize it.

Whos your source?

I don't need a source, I just read a bunch of articles. People have spoken that if Gregg had 35+ saves with 5 or less blown saves, we could've gotten a B prospect in return, but he led the league in BS, he is nothing but a middle reliever that would be signed for minimum contract, think of BK Kim.

actually they traded quentin to the white sox for a 1st baseman but that doesn't really matter. you're absolutely right about gregg and hermida not having trade value at this point. hopefully hermida can perform next season and we won't need to trade him.

Whos your source?

actually they traded quentin to the white sox for a 1st baseman but that doesn't really matter. you're absolutely right about gregg and hermida not having trade value at this point. hopefully hermida can perform next season and we won't need to trade him.

sorry, i am usually too lazy to look up my points, I guess the D-Backs gave him a large signing bonus when he joined the team after the draft and i believe a $750,000 contract

The Twins have Delmon Young in RF, and despite not having a great year, he has potential meaning they certainly wouldnt need Hermida

No sir, Denard Span is their right fielder, Young is in left.

Has Young always been a LF even when in Tampa? I was sure he was a RF. Oooops

he played RF in tampa because crawford occupied LF but when he got traded to the twins they put him in LF because cuddyer was in RF and now span is there.

I like the possibilities of the first trade, but I would rather keep Uggla, and if we are going to trade him use him in a different sense of a trade, such as getting ourselves a bullpen arm. Matt Kemp would be a great player to get in a trade, I don't know what it would take to get him though. I don't think the A's want Jacobs tbh. They are looking to build off of pitching and defense for the future, and Jacobs doesn't fit in the plan. The third trade makes absolutely no sense, mostly because nobody would want Gregg via trade, and although Hermida has potential he has nearly ZERO trade value at this point

I forgot the A's also have Jack cust who they already use as a dh so i dont think they want Jake.

For the first trade, we are receiving to little in return. And i would like to keep Uggla because it is hard to replace his numbers.

#2 will never work. The As have cust as a DH and their top prospect Daric Barton at first

#3 i dont really like. It doesnt make sense to trade hermida after one bad season. I dont know why, but everyone seems to forget his great 2007 year.

For the first trade, we are receiving to little in return. And i would like to keep Uggla because it is hard to replace his numbers.

#2 will never work. The As have cust as a DH and their top prospect Daric Barton at first

#3 i dont really like. It doesnt make sense to trade hermida after one bad season. I dont know why, but everyone seems to forget his great 2007 year.

Yes, it is hard to replace his 117 strikeouts and incredible mental inconsistency

#2 Barton .226 avg.

#3 "I dont know why, but everyone seems to forget his great 2007 year"

This is what we call the past, what we are worried about is the present and the future.

Whos your source?

You're dead wrong if you think that the interest in Gregg and BK Kim are the same. Gregg's ERA and WHIP are both a good bit above average.

He's probably going to be the setup man wherever we send him to and he'll probably be pretty good at it. And then we'll have people here asking why he couldn't pitch that well here but the truth is that he is an above average reliever. He was an above average reliever here and he will be one wherever we send him.

I dont know why, but everyone seems to forget his great 2007 year.

2007 really wasn't that great. He still K'ed over 100 times that year, and since he isn't a power hitter (most he has hit in a season is 18) I would call that unacceptable. He is not a contact hitter, he is not fast, he is not a great fielder, he is about average in every aspect of the game, and below average in effort

Yes, it is hard to replace his 117 strikeouts and incredible mental inconsistency

No, it's hard to replace a guy who was 2nd in the league in OPS and 3rd in OBP amongst 2B.

He's one of the best 2B in baseball and the best in the history of the franchise.

Whos your source?

You're dead wrong if you think that the interest in Gregg and BK Kim are the same. Gregg's ERA and WHIP are both a good bit above average.

He's probably going to be the setup man wherever we send him to and he'll probably be pretty good at it. And then we'll have people here asking why he couldn't pitch that well here but the truth is that he is an above average reliever. He was an above average reliever here and he will be one wherever we send him.

Gregg is a fine reliever, but do u really see any trade value in him after having the most blown saves in MLB with not that many save chances? Somebody will grab Gregg in free Agency

No, it's hard to replace a guy who was 2nd in the league in OPS and 3rd in OBP amongst 2B.

He's one of the best 2B in baseball and the best in the history of the franchise.

the best in the history of the franchise.

Do you remember Louie Castillo? My all-time favorite who was consistent, never had a mental breakdown and hit a whole friggin more than Uggla