Miami Heat 08-09 Season Thread

Fish Dynasty

I hope Beasley will be a star, but I see a bigger future for Mario Chalmers. He just controls the floor with ease, and is a GREAT passer who can step back and take the 3. I so wish that Beasley was a center and that Dequan Cook was a SF, imagine this lineup

PG Chalmers

SG Wade

SF Cook

PF Marion

C Beasley

I like Haslem in the lineup, but this kind of lineup would be a title contender.

Cook is a natural 3 point shooter, something that this team is very inconsistent in, shooting 3's. Wade hasn't tried to dominate, he is just letting the game come to him, which is perfect. Haslem is being more assertive this year, and I expect a breakout year from him, mostly in points, rebounds and minutes.

Marion is mostly a role player at this point in his career. He isn't a dominent prescence right now on this team, but takes what is given to him.

Overall, the only thing we lack is a true big man. Haslem has filled in well, but he didn't defend Zach Randolph well when we played the Knicks, and Spencer Hawes is not an inside prescence. We will see if Haslem can truely handle the inside when we play the Magic and Dwight Howard. I believe those few games against them will tell us what kind of team we have here

shawn marion isn't doing a damn thing to warrant a contract extension. please move him. pronto.

While he has been crap on offense, his defense is indispensable for this team.

sorry. defense isn't worth $17 million

I wouldn't be in a hurry to trade him. This team is still finding it's way and Marion is going to get more confortable in the offense. Plus, that expiring contract is a nice chip to have and it will be more valuable closer to the trade deadline. Also, if you trade his $17 million, it has to be the perfect package of picks and players in return. You don't want to take back a bad contract. If you can only get someone else's bad contract back for Marion, I'd rather keep him, let his deal expire, and use the cap space in the offseason.

shawn marion isn't doing a damn thing to warrant a contract extension. please move him. pronto.

While he has been crap on offense, his defense is indispensable for this team.

sorry. defense isn't worth $17 million

It's not but it is not like we have a better option (I'm sure we would have pulled the trigger if we felt we could have gotten something good for him) and I truly believe without him, this team would lose the defensive identity it is slowly starting to develop.