Pro-American states?

Flying_Mollusk

F-you Sarah Palin.

Palin Only Visits "Pro-America" States

According to the Washington Post, Gov. Sarah Palin "made a point of mentioning that she loved to visit the 'pro-America' areas of the country, of which North Carolina is one. No word on which states she views as unpatriotic."

She also said she no longer watches the news.

Said Palin: "But yeah, sometimes you do get depressed watching what it is that they're reporting and the spin and some of the distortion of what our message is and what we stand for. Sometimes that, that gets draining.

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2008/10/...ica_states.html

Why do you misrepresent what she said?

She said she loves to visit the pro america areas of the country. By mentioning "areas" rather than "states" she's clearly excluding areas that she considers not to be pro america but is clearly not excluding entire states.

My guess is Wright's church and Ayer's home and Rezko's office are probably areas she considers not to be pro america. My guess is you would fit right in in those areas.

Then again, is anything Sarah Palin says not ridiculous?

If there is, I haven't heard it yet.

There was a good joke the other day, where Jon Stewart said that Joe the Plumber had done more interviews already than Sarah Palin. :lol

In my Business Law class the other day, my professor gave us our exam and said "If I see any Sarah Palin answers, you will automatically get the question wrong."

She then went on to define a "Sarah Palin answer" as giving an answer completely irrelevent to the question.

It's pretty ridiculous to suggest that some areas of the country are more "Pro-America" than any other part of the country.

Are you implying that no one in this country hates America?

??

No.

I'm implying exactly what I said. That there are no areas of the country that are more "pro-america" than any other part of the country.

I wonder if the anti-American states are those 7 extra states Obama alluded to?

The anti-American states are the ones that Obama is ahead in. The only way they can become pro-American again is if McCain makes a comeback and wins those states. In other words, red states = pro-American, blue states = anti-American.

It's pretty ridiculous to suggest that some areas of the country are more "Pro-America" than any other part of the country.

I am wondering what is going on with you. Even though I disagree with you on many things, I've never seen you make logically irrelevant conclusions or say such silly things. This question does not follow from Puma's statement.

By the way, there are people in this country that hate America, but I think they tend to be more right wingers, such as the Alaska Independence Party and the Timothy McVeigh type of people.

I am wondering what is going on with you. Even though I disagree with you on many things, I've never seen you make logically irrelevant conclusions or say such silly things. This question does not follow from Puma's statement.

He's following in the footsteps of Sarah :p

Can we at least post the full quotes?

I agree that this was a bad comment to make, that came out wrong..but in her defense she was comparing the rural areas to Washington DC polititians

Gaffe Counts:

Biden - 100

Palin - 10

"We believe that the best of America is not all in Washington, D.C. We believe" -- here the audience interrupted Palin with applause and cheers -- "We believe that the best of America is in these small towns that we get to visit, and in these wonderful little pockets of what I call the real America, being here with all of you hard working very patriotic, um, very, um, pro-America areas of this great nation. This is where we find the kindness and the goodness and the courage of everyday Americans. Those who are running our factories and teaching our kids and growing our food and are fighting our wars for us. Those who are protecting us in uniform. Those who are protecting the virtues of freedom."

Can someone explain wtf was Biden thinking when he made the following comments? How does this helps Obama?

?Mark my words. It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We?re about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America.? he told a fund raising crowd in the Pacific Northwest on Sunday. ?Remember I said it standing here if you don?t remember anything else I said. Watch, we?re gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy.?

?He?s gonna have to make some really tough - I don?t know what the decision?s gonna be, but I promise you it will occur. As a student of history and having served with seven presidents, I guarantee you it?s gonna happen.?

??

No.

I'm implying exactly what I said. That there are no areas of the country that are more "pro-america" than any other part of the country.

No reason why not. Do an anonymous poll of people living in America, ask them if they like America or not, some areas will have more yes responses than others.

Granted, I know why you are all pissed off by that statement, because you believe implying liberal areas are not pro-america. I see that interpretation, but to say that there aren't areas of the country that have more people that dislike america than others is a hell of a stretch.

??

No.

No reason why not. Do an anonymous poll of people living in America, ask them if they like America or not, some areas will have more yes responses than others.

Granted, I know why you are all pissed off by that statement, because you believe implying liberal areas are not pro-america. I see that interpretation, but to say that there aren't areas of the country that have more people that dislike america than others is a hell of a stretch.

You have no basis for proving that. You have no clue whether your own statement is true. And how do you define "pro-America"? You act like there is some objective definition when there clearly isn't. And to act like you can identify 1) what it means to be "pro-America" and 2) to identify what parts of the country are "pro-America' is incredibly stupid.

People make too much out of everything during presidential elections. Both VP picks are awful, both presidential picks are beyond awful. This is the first time in a long time, possibly first time ever, that who ever is elected America loses. The next 4 years are going to be very, very rough.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.