Mike Aviles

Puma

I know Evan Longoria is basically a lock for Rookie of the Year in the American League, but you have to at least give a look at Royals SS Mike Aviles. Surprisingly enough, Aviles' stellar rookie season has gone highly unnoticed due to playing in KC.

.325/.354/.480

Also led all AL rookies in VORP (though only .2 higher than Longoria)

All at the 2nd most demanding position in the game. He is pretty old though (27). I still think he should be getting a little more recognition.

I know Evan Longoria is basically a lock for Rookie of the Year in the American League, but you have to at least give a look at Royals SS Mike Aviles. Surprisingly enough, Aviles' stellar rookie season has gone highly unnoticed due to playing in KC.

.325/.354/.480

Also led all AL rookies in VORP (though only .2 higher than Longoria)

All at the 2nd most demanding position in the game. He is pretty old though (27). I still think he should be getting a little more recognition.

I brought this his name up the other day with a friend about who should win ROY in the AL and he was like who. Longo will probably win with aviles and Alexi rameriez getting some votes. I think elsbury for the sox was still considered a rookie this year too.

Honestly, Longoria did some things that weren't just in the numbers this year. He was clutch (I know a lot of people hate that word but its true) and he is as big of a reason as any that the Rays had their breakout this year.

Longo with RISP: .241/.309/.474

Aviles with RISP: .316/.374/.453