Opinion poll: Who's next to be traded?

Obviously Kevin Gregg is the next one to go. The FO has repeatedly insinuated that they would like to keep Uggla on this team. There have been conflicting reports on Hermida, so i do not know what to think of him. And based on recent reports, I am going to have to assume we keep Scotty O and move him into the Long Relief role

I am going to have to assume we keep Scotty O and move him into the Long Relief role

Not happening.

I chose Olsen, btw.

why wouldn't you see this happening? Strengthens our bullpen, and allows Andrew Miller to get into the rotation. Anibal would be a candidate to go to the bullpen, but I feel the FO still has faith that he can regain his 06 form

Greggs gone to Detroit next week, or to NYM.

Mark my words.

My moneys on Detroit though.

I think Anaheim, Cleveland, and Milwaukee would all be interested. They could all use him to close for one year, have alright pens but no solid closer candidate, all contenders, and then could take the Type A compensation to the bank. They also all have stronger farm systems than Detroit to grab a solid player or two from.

I don't think we trade with the Mets (or division) right now despite our prior track record. We've gone from rebuilding to contending. It's different now. Let's not help the Mets in any way, shape, or form.

I am going to have to assume we keep Scotty O and move him into the Long Relief role

Not happening.

I chose Olsen, btw.

why wouldn't you see this happening? Strengthens our bullpen, and allows Andrew Miller to get into the rotation. Anibal would be a candidate to go to the bullpen, but I feel the FO still has faith that he can regain his 06 form

Because the Marlins aren't going to pay arbritation to a guy who would end up being a long reliever. Plus, Olsen is a starter. He will only be 25 at the start of next year, and should bring solid value in return. No way he's going to be a long reliever next season. Count on it.

Not happening.

I chose Olsen, btw.

I can't see them keeping Olsen and not having him be a starter. He's been an innings eater every year, he's the only one of the group that's been able to consistently start every 5 days. I see them trading him though, since he should get a decent return and they don't really need to keep him.

Not happening.

I chose Olsen, btw.

Because Olsen is still a baby and will cry after a "break out" year. Also, I don't see the Marlins paying Olsen $2.25 million for 60 IP. Same with Miller who is around $1.3 on his MLB deal. I'm pretty sure Sanchez would go to the pen. He wouldn't be happy about it, but it might be the best for his arm despite his encouraging starts. He could also just slip back into the rotation for 2010.

But I don't disagree with you Olsen may be a reliever longterm. His LOOGY numbers are fantastic. He could be a force out of the pen.

I'll agree with all the people pointing out that Olsen is our best innings-eater left on the team, so IF he stays, I would say its definately as a starter.

I also agree with the majority that Kevin Gregg goes next. Even if he doesn't go next, he is by far the safest bet to go. He'll cost more than he'll be worth if he's not closing, and I think after his mess with his knee this season with 9 blown saves has soured the FO too much for them to ever trust him to close again. Understand that I do think Gregg can still close, but he should've come forward about it when he was hurt rather then playing and blowing so many games. Our FO won't take a chance on dealing with that again from him. Nevermind the issue of arbitration.

I do hope they trade Hermida soon, but I'm not gonna hold my breath for it.