Creative Offseason Plan

futuremarlinsgm

Now that the World Series is over and the offseason has geun, its time for the front office to analyze the team and see how they will improve the ballclub so that this team can build on their nice season. Over the past couple weeks, rumors from all teams have been running rampant as to how each team will approach the offseason. Well, in analyzing the team myself and considering the rumors, I have created a pretty intriguing offseason plan that I would do as Marlins GM. Let me know what you think.

1. Allow P Mark Hendrickson, RP Arthur Rhodes, OF Luis Gonzalez, and C Paul LoDuca to walk via free agency.

2. Attempt to sign SP Ricky Nolasco and SP Josh Johnson to 5-year contracts worth $21 million each. Both deals would mainly be backloaded.

3. Attempt to sign UTI Alfredo Amezaga and OF Cody Ross to 2-year contracts worth $1.75 million each.

4. Trade RF Jeremy Hermida to the San Diego Padres for RP Justin Hampson.

5. Trade LF Josh Willingham and RP Reynel Pinto to the Tampa Bay Rays for SP Edwin Jackson.

6. Sign OF Ken Griffey Jr. to a 1 year, $3 million contract.

7. Trade SP Scott Olsen, RP Kevin Gregg, and IF Robert Andino to the Los Angeles Dodgers for C Russell Martin.

With those moves, the new lineup will look as follows:

C Russell Martin

1B Jorge Cantu

2B Dan Uggla

3B Dallas McPherson

SS Hanley Ramirez

RF Cody Ross

CF Cameron Maybin

LF Ken Griffey Jr.

With these moves, the new starting rotation would be:

1. Ricky Nolasco

2. Josh Johnson

3. Chris Volstad

4. Edwin Jackson

5. Anibal Sanchez/Andrew Miller

And finally, the bullpen would be:

Closer Matt Lindstrom

LSU Justin Hampson

RSU Joe Nelson

MR Leo Nunez

MR Logan Kensing

MR Ryan Tucker

Long-Reliever Anibal Sanchez/Andrew Miller

Nice to see you put some thought into it, but unfortunately most of these moves are extremely unlikely. The Hermida and Russel Martin trades are far from equal value (Former is bad for Fish, latter is bad for Dodgers). Also, Cody Ross will get more than $1.75 million over 2 years for sure through arbitration, and he knows that. He will also be getting a lot more than $1.75 million per year, if that's what you were implying.

1. Agree

2. Disagree. I would never sign pitchers long term

3. Cody ross would never agree to that contract.

4. KEEP JEREMY HERMIDA!

5. First, Renyol Pinto is better than Edwin Jackson IMO. So why do we have to add Willingham in the deal. And we dont need Edwin Jackson. We have Andrew Miller

6. Why?

7. That would never get Russel Martin. They would want one of our top prospects, which is already to much. And we can get great production from a platoon of Baker and a catcher that crushes lefties.

Sorry if i was being harsh, but i dont like most of these ideas.

I would just love to hear the conversation between Colletti and Beinfest talking about that Dodger deal.

Beinfest: How about Kevin Gregg and Scott Olsen for Martin?

Colletti: I'm sorry Admin, but I just can't do that.

Beinfest: Ok ok, you got me. I'll add Andina to the trade.

COlletti: HOLY sh*t WHERE DO I SIGN?!?

I would just love to hear the conversation between Colletti and Beinfest talking about that Dodger deal.

[/light plagiarism from somebody last offseason after every single proposed trade had Robert Andino. And looks like we're in for another offseason of that]

[/light plagiarism from somebody last offseason after every single proposed trade had Robert Andino. And looks like we're in for another offseason of that]

I still think Andino would be a nice add-on to a team that has an established offense with a hole at second base or shortstop. He'll be average at the plate and great defensively if given the chance to play everyday somewhere, IMO.

I still think Andino would be a nice add-on to a team that has an established offense with a hole at second base or shortstop. He'll be average at the plate and great defensively if given the chance to play everyday somewhere, IMO.

Andino is worse than average.

Andino is worse than average.

Defensively he is borderline exceptional. Offensively, I think he could post average numbers at the plate (at middle infield standards, of course).

Again, in my opinion.

Guilty as charged. For a long time I have felt Andino was an add on in some trade. Nice, smooth glove, but can't hit ML pitching. And we really don't have a spot for him.