More Rumors

Erick

"Morosi reasons that the Tigers' 2009 closer will come from outside of the organization, probably via trade. His top three candidates: Kevin Gregg, Huston Street, and J.J. Putz. As a free agent after '09, Gregg would fit nicely with the Tigers' long-term plans. The Tigers and Marlins have matched up often on trades. However, Morosi notes that Gregg had critical words for Dontrelle Willis and Miguel Cabrera ( :o ), who would become his teammates again."

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2008/11/tigers-rumors-g.html

That isn't new news that Gregg, amongst others were sick and tired of Cabs and Willis in the locker room.

With their high and mighty attitudes to their lockers filled to the brim with candy to not showing up for "voluntary" hitting and throwing sessions.

I always giggle at candy in the lockers.

hudson Street and JJ Putz>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kevin Gregg

I believe Gregg would be a worst case scenario for them.

Detroit's farm system has taken a beating last few years. I think they would love to pick up Gregg and let him have a career years so they can get the draft picks at the end of the season.

Detroit's farm system has taken a beating last few years. I think they would love to pick up Gregg and let him have a career years so they can get the draft picks at the end of the season.

I have to agree, but if they are going to get Gregg, it will obviously be as a middle reliever, since they will most likely have Rodney closing. If they do not feel Rodney can close right now, Street and Putz are the better options, but if they have confidence in Rodney, Gregg is the way to go.

This. Detroit's farm system is just too barren. They have nothing I would think we'd want in return, I'd much rather deal with the Indians, Rangers or just about any other club (except the Astros)...

This. Detroit's farm system is just too barren. They have nothing I would think we'd want in return, I'd much rather deal with the Indians, Rangers or just about any other club (except the Astros)...

This.

When Milwaukee, Cleveland, Mets, or Anaheim don't land K-Rod and Fuentes, the 2-3 of them will be looking for a closer. They have prospects to move and would love to recoup them after a 1 year filler. They can handle it in contending years. Gregg's going to trade himself in due time.

Ship him to Motown so Miggy can bodyslam his ass

First off, that would require Miggie to get up. Doubt it.

Second off, I would put my money on on the 6-6 wall of muscle that is Kevin Gregg in that fight.

No way! The 6-4 ball of Crisco would roll over and crush Kevin Gregg.

When can I see this on PPV? :shifty

cabrera will whoop gregg no question.....gregg will punch miggy 2 times and everyone will think gregg is going to win, as gregg goes for the knockout he misses the punch, then all of a sudden all his punches are missing and Miggy comes back and knocks gregg out.....yep das how i see it all happen gregg blowing fights like he blows saves :thumbup

cabrera will whoop gregg no question.....gregg will punch miggy 2 times and everyone will think gregg is going to win, as gregg goes for the knockout he misses the punch, then all of a sudden all his punches are missing and Miggy comes back and knocks gregg out.....yep das how i see it all happen gregg blowing fights like he blows saves :thumbup

Yeah, he never saved any games. :rolleyes:

Gregg short arms his throws, with authority.

I'd say that would lead to a real strong jab to the face...

Gregg > Miggy

Plus, Gregg did play major D-I football as a quarterback. He knows how to take a hit.