A little info nugget on a possible Peavy Deal

Jimmy42Jack0

So supposedly someone in the Braves organization is saying that my cousin, Jeff Locke (for those who dont know)...will be included in any deal for Peavy with the San Diego Fathers...

just passing along what i hear...although it appears that peavy may not accept a trade anywhere...but this could be a pretty big deal within the NL east and potentially reshape the fortunes of the 5 teams...

at any rate...with the marlins wheeling and dealing at will...i suspect that our scouts and beinfest and co. know what they are talking about, as they usually do...GO MARLINS!

i don't think peavy is getting traded. from kevin towers' mouth:

The Padres have been unable to line up a trade with one of Jake Peavy's preferred teams and next could turn elsewhere to move the ace pitcher's four-year, $63 million guarantee amid apparent financial duress.

?We've had advanced discussions with the Cubs and Braves, which are Jake's priority teams,? General Manager Kevin Towers said Thursday night, ?but at this point in time, I do not see a potential deal with either club.?

Holy COW!

Peavy signed at 4 years 63 Million is a STEAL. I hope he fired his agent, and the Marlins go after him :rolleyes:

CC is slated to earn 6 years 140 right? I don't see why any team would go after CC without making a HARD push towards Peavy 1st.

Easy.

You have to trade prospects to get Peavy.

With Sabathia...you don't.

Holy COW!

Peavy signed at 4 years 63 Million is a STEAL. I hope he fired his agent, and the Marlins go after him :rolleyes:

CC is slated to earn 6 years 140 right? I don't see why any team would go after CC without making a HARD push towards Peavy 1st.

Its baseball, there is no such thing as a steal. There is no salary cap.