MMA: Lesnar beats Couture via 2nd round TKO

dim

It was a good match, very tactical. Lesnar started to run out of juice towards the end, but he got one punch on Couture under the ear and knocked him to the ground, after that, he just began hitting until the match was over.

I am glad Lesnar won, this marks the beginning of a new era of UFC, the younger, bigger guys starting to reign supreme

he has 3 fights under his belt and gets a title challenge ... complete bull

and if you think that beating someone that's 15 years older, 50 lbs lighter, 5" smaller and with considerable less range than you is a feat than good for you.

I HATE Brock Lesnar

/rant

one I simply can't wait for is the BJ Penn vs George St Pierre fight ... that's basically the best fight EVER

and if you think that beating someone that's 15 years older, 50 lbs lighter, 5" smaller and with considerable less range than you is a feat than good for you.

I HATE Brock Lesnar

/rant

He didn't beat some random dude, he beat the champ. Don't blame Lesnar because the heavyweight division absolutely sucks in UFC.

I HATE Brock Lesnar

/rant

He didn't beat some random dude, he beat the champ. Don't blame Lesnar because the heavyweight division absolutely sucks in UFC.

I'm not hating that, I'm hating the fact that he got 3 fights before he had the honor to challenge Couture for the tittle.

I HATE Brock Lesnar

/rant

I'm not hating that, I'm hating the fact that he got 3 fights before he had the honor to challenge Couture for the tittle.

The UFC is not foolish. Why not give one of their meal tickets a title shot. I'm curious what the PPV buys were for the last fight?

I HATE Brock Lesnar

/rant

The UFC is not foolish. Why not give one of their meal tickets a title shot. I'm curious what the PPV buys were for the last fight?

I HATE Brock Lesnar

/rant

:thumbup Not to mention that Lesnar lost his first fight and looked horrible.

Couture is not the Couture of the past, he's 45 years old and hadn't fought in over a year. This cheapens the UFC brand by bringing in a wrestler with a name to fight an aged superstar who is a shell of his former self just because they are trying so hard to make Brock the face of the league. He's not a great fighter he is just big and they know a lot of 15 year old kids are all over his jock.

The UFC failed by not signing Fedor Emelianenko who should be the face of the sport, and he would destroy Brock "the faker" Lesnar. F him.

The UFC heavyweight divisions are only 2 pegs ahead of WWE at this point, which is pathetic.

I am glad Lesnar won, this marks the beginning of a new era of UFC, the younger, bigger guys starting to reign supreme

Brock is 31 btw, not sure what you mean by younger. to me this marks the day the UFC became more about selling tickets than supporting and promoting the real fighters. MMA will go the same route as boxing is in now because of UFC's failure to sign the greatest fighter in the world; too many leagues, too much obvious promoting.

Brock is 31 btw, not sure what you mean by younger. to me this marks the day the UFC became more about selling tickets than supporting and promoting the real fighters. MMA will go the same route as boxing is in now because of UFC's failure to sign the greatest fighter in the world; too many leagues, too much obvious promoting.

Well lets not totally discount Lesnar. He was a great amature wrestler in college. He is also HUGE. He has the raw talent to be very good. Is he inexperience? Of course, but he can learn.

I wouldnt say Frank Mir dominated him. In fact you could argue that had the ref not declared that lesnar was punching Mir in the face, lesnar would probably have knocked him out right there. One mistake cost lesnar the match, IMO.

Well lets not totally discount Lesnar. He was a great amature wrestler in college. He is also HUGE. He has the raw talent to be very good. Is he inexperience? Of course, but he can learn.

I wouldnt say Frank Mir dominated him. In fact you could argue that had the ref not declared that lesnar was punching Mir in the face, lesnar would probably have knocked him out right there. One mistake cost lesnar the match, IMO.

Exactly. Lesnar is not your average WWE guy. He's a former NCAA Champion and runner-up and a two time Big Ten Champion. Also a NJCAA Champion and a two time All-American. He has real fighting credits besides being a WWE champ.

Exactly. Lesnar is not your average WWE guy. He's a former NCAA Champion and runner-up and a two time Big Ten Champion. Also a NJCAA Champion and a two time All-American. He has real fighting credits besides being a WWE champ.

I'd love if he gave someone an F5 in the octagon...

I never said he didn't have some real fighting experience, my problem is that UFC is cheapening their brand by giving a guy with a 2-1 overall record a title shot because they know he could beat the old guy that currently has the title and most importantly because they are going to hype him as the next big thing and a great heavyweight fighter, when he is not and dozens of other guys deserved a shot over him...

I never said he didn't have some real fighting experience, my problem is that UFC is cheapening their brand by giving a guy with a 2-1 overall record a title shot because they know he could beat the old guy that currently has the title and most importantly because they are going to hype him as the next big thing and a great heavyweight fighter, when he is not and dozens of other guys deserved a shot over him...

I understand the anger against that, but you painted Lesnar as "The Faker", as if it was Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, or Hulk Hogan in there, not a accomplished amateur wrestler. That's what I have a problem with.

He's getting a bad rap because he was a professional wrestler for a couple years almost 5 years ago. It's also true that he's getting a push because of that from UFC, so I guess it works both ways.

Also, the UFC's heavyweight division isn't any good, which is why that "old guy" who he beat was the champion.

He's getting a bad rap because he was a professional wrestler for a couple years almost 5 years ago. It's also true that he's getting a push because of that from UFC, so I guess it works both ways.

Also, the UFC's heavyweight division isn't any good, which is why that "old guy" who he beat was the champion.

He is best known as a 'faker' that's why I used that label. The UFC's heavyweight division isn't any good mainly because they failed to sign the best heavyweight in the world and let him go to another start up league which is what will be the ruin of the sport; very similar to boxing nowadays.

Too many leagues = no unified title fights.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.