AL MVP - Dustin Pedroia

BosnianBaller_

Funny, this season not a single AL player stood out as a real MVP. If Longoria wasn't a rookie I bet you he would've won the award. I believe Pedroia deserves this award simply because nobody else did anything to warrant winning the award (Quentin did but sadly the injury prevented him from winning)

Funny, this season not a single AL player stood out as a real MVP. If Longoria wasn't a rookie I bet you he would've won the award. I believe Pedroia deserves this award simply because nobody else did anything to warrant winning the award (Quentin did but sadly the injury prevented him from winning)

Mauer

Mauer had a good season, but catchers go very under the radar.

Mauer

Mauer had a good season, but catchers go very under the radar.

That's not what you said - you said nobody else warranted winning the award. Very clearly, Quentin and Mauer did... very much so. Definitely over Dustin "Derek Jeter 2.0" Pedroia

Just so I can do an Amezaga dance:

Mauer/Pedroia

WPA 4.88/3.29

EQA .324/.306

WARP3 11.8/10.4

OPS+ 137/122

Win Shares 30/26

Really, it's not even a debate

I sincerely doubt that the MVP voters take any of those stats into consideration when making a choice.

agreed, MVP voters look at whether the team was in the playoffs, and the main stats, such as OPS, BA, HR's and RBI's as well as runs scored and SB's. Defense doesn't seem to matter in the MVP discussion

Just so I can do an Amezaga dance:

Mauer/Pedroia

WPA 4.88/3.29

EQA .324/.306

WARP3 11.8/10.4

OPS+ 137/122

Win Shares 30/26

Really, it's not even a debate

I sincerely doubt that the MVP voters take any of those stats into consideration when making a choice.

Of course they didn't/wouldn't... doesn't mean that Pedroia still shouldn't be easily pegged below Mauer

But Pedroia has all the intangibles

1) He's gritty

Unlike this heartless prettyboy.

2) He's a team player

Unlike Youkilis, who refused to move to 1st base to accommodate Mike Lowell and refused to move back after Lowell got injured.

Wait, he did what?

3) He's clutch

Which is why he hit .307/.365/.466 with RISP, unlike Youkilis, who only hit .374/.445/.646 with RISP.

This extremely sarcastic post to my buddy Puma was just my way of saying that Pedrioa wasn't his team MVP, much less the league MVP.