How fast is your connection?

dgreco

This is mines

That's one sick connection madman.

I think his is so high because he is basically hosting the server. His ping is 4. Which means he is like in the building with the server... Still crazy though

Yeah I noticed his ping is 4ms.

This is mines

I think his is so high because he is basically hosting the server. His ping is 4. Which means he is like in the building with the server... Still crazy though

I am not.

like with a ping of 4 you are within throwing distance of the server. unless you are running a private LAN and testing the speed.

This is mines

I am not.

like with a ping of 4 you are within throwing distance of the server. unless you are running a private LAN and testing the speed.

I agree. Either something went very wrong with that test or you are like a block away at most from the server. Because a latency of 4ms is ridiculous.

There's nothing wrong with the test. It is that fast, and the server is certainly, 100%, nowhere close to my dorm. It's fiber optics, whatever that has to do with it.

Your latency depends on how far you are from the source among other things, so you have to be close to where the server is.

Still a very fast connection.

There's nothing wrong with the test. It is that fast, and the server is certainly, 100%, nowhere close to my dorm. It's fiber optics, whatever that has to do with it.

not saying it isn't fast, just saying you are ridiculously close to the server that is running the test.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.