Congratulations to the Champions of College Football..

The_Godfather

MillerTime why even argue back? At the end of the day who will be rememebered Utah or UF? Who goes down as the national champs? No point of saying anything, just let them be mad!

Lol, I wonder who your favorite school is. :rolleyes:

He is right whether he is a Gator fan or not the history books will show the Gators as the National Champions . People can be mad at the system all they want but the fact is the Gators won the title game and have the National Championship trophy .

:thumbup

So we should all sit her with out metaphorical thumbs up our butts and be happy with the fact that the most deserving school was left out to dry? Utah may not be able to compete at this level next year... UF should... this may have robbed Utah of not only a National Championship, but also the recruiting bump that goes with it and probably their last best shot in a while... Great attitude.

Stop crying, UF is the champs. If Utah is so good than next yr they can be right up there again.

Stop crying, UF is the champs. If Utah is so good than next yr they can be right up there again.

Nobody is crying except Gators and yea Utah might be 'right up there again' next year but even if they go undefeated some over rated SEC team with 1 loss will be the computer champions again.

F that, Utah is our Champion.

Nobody is crying except Gators and yea Utah might be 'right up there again' next year but even if they go undefeated some over rated SEC team with 1 loss will be the computer champions again.

lmao your a sore loser.. And cant stand when your team doesnt win.

People will remember perfection, not the team that we are being forced to recognize as the MNC because of some goofy computer systems. Read the Rick Reilly Article posted by Puma.

Really? Bet 5 years ahead from now only thing that will be remembered is UF vs OU and UF becoming the National Champs

Hey, remember how everyone currently remembers and regards 06 Boise State as the national champions? Or how everyone regards Meyer's undefeated Utah team as the national champions? No? orly?

lulz

This thread is hilarious. It's funny how bitter Miami fans are.

People will remember perfection, not the team that we are being forced to recognize as the MNC because of some goofy computer systems. Read the Rick Reilly Article posted by Puma.

Really? Bet 5 years ahead from now only thing that will be remembered is UF vs OU and UF becoming the National Champs

Hey, remember how everyone currently remembers and regards 06 Boise State as the national champions? Or how everyone regards Meyer's undefeated Utah team as the national champions? No? orly?

lulz

Actually I think its funny that the gator fans are on the defensive. The dam team just won the BCS title game, what do you care what anyone writes on a message board?

Ya so what if a team with 1 lose finished ahead of a team with ZERO losses (who schooled 12-1 Alabama worse than Florida did), they won the BCS title game.

There wont be a true champion in college football until they have a playoff system.

I think even Jim Mora would agree that we need playoffs.....

Exactly,

My dad and i were talking about the Im a cane and he a Notre Dame fan so theres no bias here and we both think Utah desrved to be in the title game. They should have a scramble for the top 8 teams where they play in a playoff system to see who plays in the BCS title game. 1 will play 8 2 plays 7 3 vs 6 and 4 plays 5 the thing is it will be nuetral ground where all the games will be played in certain bowls like lest say the Rose Bowl is the chamionship the games will be played in presigious bowls like the Orange Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, Cotton Bowl etc. After the teams play it out in a period of 3 weeks there wil be the championship game so that the best 2 teams will be playing in it.

Then all the other schools that didnt make the top 8 can just play regular bowl games so they aren't left out.

Its fair and it should prove who the best team is becasue for example not picking on gator fans but Florida never play USC and everyone says they would have put up a better game.

Too bad the BCS is to retarded to take out all the contreversy and make something as basic as this

My projected results for a 12-team playoff:

1st Round

#1 Oklahoma- Bye

#2 Florida- Bye

#3 Texas- Bye

#4 Alabama- Bye

#5 USC vs #12 VT- USC

#6 Utah vs #11 Cincy- Utah

#7 TTU vs #10 OSU- OSU

#8 Penn St vs #9 Boise St- Boise St

Quarters

#1 Oklahoma vs #9 Boise St- Oklahoma

#2 Florida vs #10 OSU- Florida

#3 Texas vs #6 Utah- Utah

#4 Alabama vs #5 USC- USC

Semis

#1 Oklahoma vs #5 USC- USC

#2 Florida vs #6 Utah- Either way. For the sake of not arguing though, I'll go with Florida.

Championship

#2 Florida vs #5 USC- USC. Florida loses anyway.

USC = National Champions.

lmao your a sore loser.. And cant stand when your team doesnt win.

Sore loser? I didn't play in the game...

lulz

That Boise State team only beat one top 25 team and that was squeaking by a 3 loss Oklahoma team in the bowl game. This Utah team is on a different level and uh...2004 Utah? Do you forget that USC and Auburn both went undefeated that year??? If USC lost at home to a 4 loss team and Auburn was Auburn, then yea...maybe we'd consider that team differently.

Utah is my champion and many others feel the same way everywhere I look.

I hope Ole Miss fans are good trash talkers because they are better than your team.

lulz

That's the kind of post that makes people dislike Gator fans.

Looking ahead at 2009

9-5-08 CHARLESTON SOUTHERN W

9-12-08 TROY W

9-19-08 TENNESSEE L

9-26-08 at Kentucky W

10-10-08 at Louisiana State L

10-17-08 ARKANSAS W

10-24-08 at Mississippi State W

10-31-08 vs. Georgia @Jacksonville, FL L

11-7-08 VANDERBILT W

11-14-08 at South Carolina L

11-21-08 FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL W

11-28-08 FLORIDA STATE W

4 losses next year.

Go with that thought.

sh*t I forgot the bowl game

12/31 Carquest Bowl vs Toledo Upset special.... L

5 losses

It has come to my attention that the Carquest bowl is no longer in existence. Therefore I am going to revise my official prediction. I believe the gators will be playing in a post December bowl.

1/5/10 International Bowl vs Buffalo Buffalo's coach will have a lot to prove. Buffalo by a field goal.

If they focus too much on Buffalo and look past FSU, that game might have to be changed to an L.

LSU won the title last year and this year had 5 losses, so there is a pretty good chance it happens next season to the gators.

FIU and FAU would be close to .500 teams in the Mountain West. The would both get slaughtered in the Pac 10, ACC, Big East and Big Ten.

You are kidding me right? an FAU team that went 6-6 in the Sun Belt and an FIU team that went 5-7?

FAU beat: UAB(4-8), Western Kentucky (FCS transition team) (2-10;0-10 vs FBS schools), Louisiana-Monroe (4-8), North Texas (1-11), Louisiana-Lafayette (6-6), FIU(5-7)

Also, Utah according Massey much better than Sagarin shows them with a 36 SOS.

Again look at conference rankings (M-Ratings the average of the following polls: Ashburn

Massey MOV Wilson Sagarin Predictor Sport Theory

Sorensen Dolphin Rothman Sagarin-Elo Wolfe

Sauceda Dokter Dolphin Pred Markov FCS Coaches Poll

Ashburn BCSC Massey BCS Gindin Round Robin Win % CSL

Pugh Sagarin Claassen Born Real Time RPI

Rates all conferences as so:

SEC

Big 12

MWC

ACC

Big East

Pac-10

Big 10

WAC

C-USA

I-FBS Indies

CAA

Big Sky

SoCon

Southland

Sun Belt

Great West

Missouri Valley

MAC

Big South

Patriot

Ivy League

Northeast

Ohio Valley

SWAC

MEAC

DI-FCS Indies

I was talking about .500 within the conference meaning they could go 4-4 or 3-5 in the Mountain West. Do you have a link to where you found this information?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.