4/14 Post Game

Fish Dynasty

Guest Guest

I love the speed in the lineup now but this one's gotta be Volstad. Very impressive outing and good to see him get out of trouble in the 6th. I always feel confident when he's on the mound. Also must give credit to him for holding the Braves to only one run.

I was glad to see the solid outing by the bullpen.

And of course, the solid outing by Volstad.

I still want to see a bit more from the offense, though. Cody in particular needs to start swinging the bat better. And we need Cantu back..this line up isn't the same without him.

I was glad to see the solid outing by the bullpen.

And of course, the solid outing by Volstad.

I still want to see a bit more from the offense, though. Cody in particular needs to start swinging the bat better. And we need Cantu back..this line up isn't the same without him.

What more could you possibly want from the offense?

Aside from Cody Ross struggling...there's not much else we can ask for. And there's always going to be someone struggling.

They are scoring plenty of runs, and doing great with .RISP, which was a criticism last year.

Really like what we've seen from Nunez so far, by the way. If Proctor can get healthy and back to form, we could have a solid to very good 7-8-9 combo.

Don't forget Kiko.

True. That's what I've been hoping for all along, that Calero/Proctor/Nunez/Lindstrom could become a very solid back-end if all goes well. Add in Penn for long-relief, Kensing as a high-K, high-upside guy, and all that's missing is a LOOGY. We may not have the "elitez" that Nny wants, but this could potentially be rather solid.

(Also, there may be several potential replacements for Penn or Kensing from the minors as the season moves along.)

Good job by the fish, did well with RISP.

Good job by Uggla getting 3 rbi's.

Good job by the pen only giving up a hit in 2 innings.

And of course good job by Volstad, another solid start.

only thing that got me bothered by today's game was the high strike out total.

Really like what we've seen from Nunez so far, by the way. If Proctor can get healthy and back to form, we could have a solid to very good 7-8-9 combo.

Don't forget Kiko.

True. That's what I've been hoping for all along, that Calero/Proctor/Nunez/Lindstrom could become a very solid back-end if all goes well. Add in Penn for long-relief, Kensing as a high-K, high-upside guy, and all that's missing is a LOOGY. We may not have the "elitez" that Nny wants, but this could potentially be rather solid.

(Also, there may be several potential replacements for Penn or Kensing from the minors as the season moves along.)

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for, as well.

I really, really, really, would like to see Taylor Tankersley be the Taylor Tankersley of old before year's end. That would be the LOOGY, and that would make the pen good enough, b/c our starting pitching is about as good as it gets. Andrew Miller throwing tomorrow is a huge test.

also Nunez looked good in the 8th, he could be a nice fit there.

Could be a nice fit in the 9th, if you ask me. He impresses me more than Lindstrom, to be honest.

He's a lefty. Its kinda wierd to see a L as a closer.

The Tigers should take notes about what happens when an organization takes time with their prospects (Volstad) rather than rushing them to the majors (Miller).

We should stop trading with them.

Or maybe Volstad's just better.

Or maybe we have yet to see the best of Miller.

Or maybe we still have Cameron Maybin, who really was the best player coming back in that deal, anyways.

And...oh yeah...we should've never released De La Cruz. Dumb move.