In Florida During the Summer

Ok so I am across in your part of the world in late July/early August for a few weeks and will be going to a couple of Tampa games against Boston and KC.

Has anyone here been to games at Tropicana Field as I am not sure what sorta tickets to get and was hoping for some advice on where good seats are in that stadium?

Obviously I would rather go to some Marlins games but it's a bit far to travel from where I will be :(

Thanks for any tips

I personally don't like Tropicana field. It's too sterile for my tastes. And, you lose the fly ball because the dome is white.

I've had seats behind the Marlins dugout and above, in the mid-price sections. I prefer the 3rd base side anyway.

Good luck- when will you be up there? I'm going in August.

• 2 weeks later...

I personally don't like Tropicana field. It's too sterile for my tastes. And, you lose the fly ball because the dome is white.

I've had seats behind the Marlins dugout and above, in the mid-price sections. I prefer the 3rd base side anyway.

Good luck- when will you be up there? I'm going in August.

The 2 games I'm intending to go to are Monday 3rd August against the Royals and then Wednesday the 5th against the Red Sox. I'm staying in Orlando for a few days then spending 2 weeks in some place called Longboat Keys. I think it's near Sarasota, but I don't know much about it cos my parents booked up everything. Been in Orlando numerous times and done all the theme parks so that's why we are only there for a few days. I would prefer to spend more time there but it's not me thats organised the holiday.

So anyone else with some info about Tropicana Field?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Ok so I am across in your part of the world in late July/early August for a few weeks and will be going to a couple of Tampa games against Boston and KC.

Has anyone here been to games at Tropicana Field as I am not sure what sorta tickets to get and was hoping for some advice on where good seats are in that stadium?

Obviously I would rather go to some Marlins games but it's a bit far to travel from where I will be :(

Thanks for any tips

I was there about 5 years ago to watch the marlins and rays, I like it in there, at least they have a/c, and let me tell you, in early Aug, your gonna need it, temps about 90F. Are you landing at Orlando Sanford, its about 150 miles east of st pete. You must check out Sarasota while your there, about 40 miles south of the trop, its like the palm beach of the west coast. Anyway, have a good time, remember it will be very hot with late afternoon thunderstorms, but it cools things down. The thing about the trop, dont go on the upper deck, its too warm up there, b/c your close to the top, we had to come down and sit at ground level where t was much cooler.

Obviously I would rather go to some Marlins games but it's a bit far to travel from where I will be

Thanks for any tips

I was there about 5 years ago to watch the marlins and rays, I like it in there, at least they have a/c, and let me tell you, in early Aug, your gonna need it, temps about 90F. Are you landing at Orlando Sanford, its about 150 miles east of st pete. You must check out Sarasota while your there, about 40 miles south of the trop, its like the palm beach of the west coast. Anyway, have a good time, remember it will be very hot with late afternoon thunderstorms, but it cools things down. The thing about the trop, dont go on the upper deck, its too warm up there, b/c your close to the top, we had to come down and sit at ground level where t was much cooler.

Yeh we are flying into Sanford and staying in Orlando for a few days. Doing the Universal parks as they are the best, playing some golf and hitting the outlet malls before going down to Longboat Keys. It's close to Sarasota so I'm sure we will be there plenty. Been to Florida about 8 times before although normally in early July but even so well used to the late afternoon storms. The 2 baseball games I've been to we were in the upper deck but this time we want seats closer to the action to see what that experience is like.

Cheers for the info.

Obviously I would rather go to some Marlins games but it's a bit far to travel from where I will be

Thanks for any tips

Yeh we are flying into Sanford and staying in Orlando for a few days. Doing the Universal parks as they are the best, playing some golf and hitting the outlet malls before going down to Longboat Keys. It's close to Sarasota so I'm sure we will be there plenty. Been to Florida about 8 times before although normally in early July but even so well used to the late afternoon storms. The 2 baseball games I've been to we were in the upper deck but this time we want seats closer to the action to see what that experience is like.

Cheers for the info.

Where are you staying on Longboat key? When I was a kid we used to stay at the Silver sands beach resort, wish I was going too. :confused

Thanks for any tips

Cheers for the info.

Where are you staying on Longboat key? When I was a kid we used to stay at the Silver sands beach resort, wish I was going too.

Staying in a villa but I'm not sure where abouts. What's the place like?

Thanks for any tips

Cheers for the info.

Where are you staying on Longboat key? When I was a kid we used to stay at the Silver sands beach resort, wish I was going too.

Staying in a villa but I'm not sure where abouts. What's the place like?

well Im not sure if silver sands is still there, last time I was there was about a good 10 years ago, and they have torn down and built up alot of new condos in the area. villa is your best bet though as you know. Enjoy your stay there.

I went a couple years ago for a Marlins game. Sat behind the Marlins bullpen. The tickets were about $12.00 each. Good seats, and it included a voucher for a hot dog, small coke, and a bag of chips. Oh, and the parking was free. I didn't like some of the fans that were bitter because the Marlins swept them. Not all the fans. Just a few.

I went a couple years ago for a Marlins game. Sat behind the Marlins bullpen. The tickets were about $12.00 each. Good seats, and it included a voucher for a hot dog, small coke, and a bag of chips. Oh, and the parking was free. I didn't like some of the fans that were bitter because the Marlins swept them. Not all the fans. Just a few.

were you there when they won 11-1 (think that was the score) When mike mordeci was playing for us.

were you there when they won 11-1 (think that was the score) When mike mordeci was playing for us.

No. This was I believe in 2007. I believe Sergio Mitre pitched that game. I know the Marlins came back to win the game and complete the sweep.

• 2 weeks later...

I booked my tickets today. For both games we went for the Lower Box seats. For a bit of variation we got 1st base side seats for the KC game and 3rd base side seats for the Boston game. Strangely enough tho, our tickets are in exactly the same block on either side, just a section or so away from the dugouts.

Hopefully the pitching matchups are good for the 2 games. I would like to see either Shields or Kazmir, Beckett/Lester/Dice-K, and then the only KC pitcher being Grienke.

• 4 weeks later...