Rays Concert Series Question

MiRi

That stadium is horrific.

FIXED

It is pretty terrible. I had never been there before this weekend. Actually watching a game there is fine...all the seats face the field and the sightlines are good, but everything else about it is just unpleasant. The rings holding the roof up are ridiculous. I give the Rays credit for trying to make the best of it, but I think some of what they have done has made it worse. The painted bricks on the concourses, everything painted blue and yellow...the whole experience is just weird. It reminds me of watching a baseball game in Dania Jai Alai...when you walk in, it makes you feel kind of sad to be there.

I posted the link to the pics in this thread: http://www.marlinsbaseball.com/forums/topic/89498-fish-rays-game-2-pics/

I'll post the vids tomorrow.

Tropicana is not bad. It's not beautiful, but I'd take it over Land Shark Stadium any day, just for the comfort of being indoors. I like the different activities they have and the friendly staff. However, I do not like traffic flow leaving the stadium after a game. On Saturday night, while trying to move from our seats to see the concert, was hell. It was horribly organized. They had people lined up in the hallway to go on the field. The space people had to walk thru was very tight.

Guest Guest

And, was it me or do they always play Pitbull songs there?

When I watch Rays home games on TV, I seem to hear his music often.

That stadium is horrific.

FIXED

It is pretty terrible. I had never been there before this weekend. Actually watching a game there is fine...all the seats face the field and the sightlines are good, but everything else about it is just unpleasant. The rings holding the roof up are ridiculous. I give the Rays credit for trying to make the best of it, but I think some of what they have done has made it worse. The painted bricks on the concourses, everything painted blue and yellow...the whole experience is just weird. It reminds me of watching a baseball game in Dania Jai Alai...when you walk in, it makes you feel kind of sad to be there.

that sounds awful. id wather watch a game in pro player any day. sun scorching, rain pouring, dont care. atleast they play outside. on a baseball field.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.