Marlins Ballpark with teal seats

PeteU

That looks like sh*t. Reminds me of Space Coast Stadium...

That's heresy to me, my friend. SCS was like my second home till the fish abandonned it. I loved the the teal seats, as I would love tthem in the new stadium. However, the focus should be what's happening on the field and not in the stands, so a neutral dar kcolor probably is best.

That's heresy to me, my friend. SCS was like my second home till the fish abandonned it. I loved the the teal seats, as I would love tthem in the new stadium. However, the focus should be what's happening on the field and not in the stands, so a neutral dar kcolor probably is best.

Yes, but there's nothing neutral or dark about that bright ass royal blue they have in the renderings.

Was anyone watching the game last night when they showed sketches of the new ball park? To me it looked like the seats were teal, which I know had to be wrong from the other renderings we've seen. Wasn't quite sure what was going on with that.

The last rendering of seats were blue. They were blue at groundbreaking, and blue on the latest renderings on the website. I think you are refering to the painting that was shown on the left field wall.

I sent an email to David Samson and he actually responded. He said they he is assuring me that the seats look better blue and not teal. He said that teal did not go with the architecture. To bad that he is ridiculously incorrect.

I emailed David Samson as well and I was shocked at how quickly he got back to me. He said the same thing, that they even looked at teal but blue was better.

Well your rite. However, eventhough the team is going to make small moves, the focus is going to be on the stadium until it opens. At least anything involving a large salary would not be possible..... that is what the front office has made clear.

Does anyone know how many petitions the Cardinals got in order to change their stadium seat color?

Yes, but there's nothing neutral or dark about that bright ass royal blue they have in the renderings.

That blue reminds me of looking into Tropicana Field when the Rays were the Devil Rays.

...and especially since it will blend in with Mets and Braves fans, and the rest of the teams in the league that are blue.

• 1 month later...

Actually, in my opinion, I prefer the dark blue seats...and here is why

Teal is a fairly bright color, much like the orange. And let's face it, when there is no one in Land Shark, the orange stands out SOOOOOO badly, it hurts me to look at it. If for some reason, our new stadium fails to draw in people by the thousands, and let's face it, it probably won't after the first year or two (I'm talking about selling out)...that teal would stand out just as bad as the orange. I picture the Marlins drawing in about 20-25000 a game after all the hype is gone.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but if it does come to this, the dark blue seats would look ten times better...

I think it's downright stupid to abandon a color scheme that a) looks fantastic and b) is totally unique in American pro sports(although Jaguars and Sharks are kinda close). The blue seats look hideous. And considering orange will probably be front and center in 2012, we're gonna look like the damn Mets. Heck, even now, take the Marlins player/logo off any ads or giveaways for the team and it looks like the Giants/Orioles with all the orange and black(which is stupid considering orange is found NOWHERE on the team's uniforms, name another team that does that).

Loria needs to realize that while he may own the team, it belongs to the fans. I hope the rest of my fellow Marlins fans are smart enough to realize the teal and black is on the verge of disappearing and complain to the point that it stays. I could live with orange creeping onto the logos/uniforms, but even that is dumb because you'd think they'd want to differentiate themselves from the Dolphins(from a marketing standpoint). I'm a graphic designer so it bugs the hell out of me to think about such a stupid branding move. Change the logos and uniforms, fine. Don't mess with the colors. I fear best case is we're looking at ugly blue seats for at least 10 years and ugly uniforms for a few seasons before they switch back to the real Marlins colors(think 90s Pistons, horrible rebrand and not too long after they changed back).

I heard that they are removing the teal and just using Silver and Black....

We shall see in the next few years... Teal HAS to stay IMO

As far as the seats, I have no problem with Blue... It wont be the marlins color but it fits the stadium well. Its going to be like the Nats seats which I found to fit well. It just happened to be the Nats color thats all...

I like the blue seats i think it does go with the architecture and it does look like water meshing with land . after landshark i want to get away from tacky colors !! teal isnt exactly the most intimidating color. why is it that tropical places or miami etc has to be associated with these light fruity colors i like what the team is doing.

Loria stated that it will be Black and Silver and another color not decided on yet.

He said it at the Hanley contract press conference if I remember correctly.

But I heard him saying it somewhere.

I hope the teal stays, but wouldn't be completely against and orange and black and silver.

Although it wouldn't be unique.

I'd prefer that over anything else other than the almighty teal and black.

Loria stated that it will be Black and Silver and another color not decided on yet.

He said it at the Hanley contract press conference if I remember correctly.

But I heard him saying it somewhere.

I hope the teal stays, but wouldn't be completely against and orange and black and silver.

Although it wouldn't be unique.

I'd prefer that over anything else other than the almighty teal and black.

Friends, if we go Orange and Black, will we not look like the Orioles? And Halloween?

I agree that orange, silver, and black are halloween colors. How heinous. I will refuse to wear those colors if they are chosen and will only buy and wear "vintage" Marlins gear.

Friends, if we go Orange and Black, will we not look like the Orioles? And Halloween?

If we go Orange and black we will look just like the Giants and the Orioles, and yes Halloween. Hell, we should just go red!

Tommy Hutton answered an email the other night regarding seat and team color. He said that no other baseball team has that "sea blue" color. Maybe I am color blind, but I thought I saw the very same color seats in the Blue Jays stadium, and the Rays stadium.

The darker teal that were in the earlier rendings seemed to be fine. It wasn't to pastel or bright, and easy to look at.

And as far as Teal being an unmarketable color, I guess then the Dolphins stuff doesn't or never sold well??

If we go Orange and black we will look just like the Giants and the Orioles, and yes Halloween. Hell, we should just go red!

Tommy Hutton answered an email the other night regarding seat and team color. He said that no other baseball team has that "sea blue" color. Maybe I am color blind, but I thought I saw the very same color seats in the Blue Jays stadium, and the Rays stadium.

The darker teal that were in the earlier rendings seemed to be fine. It wasn't to pastel or bright, and easy to look at.

And as far as Teal being an unmarketable color, I guess then the Dolphins stuff doesn't or never sold well??

The Dolphins wear aqua.

The Dolphins wear aqua.

My bad.

AQUA.

As you can see there are differences in the types of Blue. However, I also disagree with Sampson and Loria. I think the Teal or some version of it, should be used instead of blue. There are many temas that use blue in many sports and it is too common. The teal has a definate miami/ south florida feel to it and is a very unique color. They are missing the big picture and looking to much at the project as some type of abstract art work. They need to do what they did in St. Louis and listen to the fans/costumers who are paying for it and lose their ego's.