8/7 -- Marlins at Phillies

OFFICIAL MARLINSBASEBALL.COM GAME THREAD -- August 7, 2009

at

Game: Florida Marlins (55-53) at Philadelphia Phillies (61-45)

Date: Friday August 7th, 2009

Time: 7:35PM ET

Venue: Citizens Bank Park - Philadelphia, PA

Pitching Match-up: Ricky Nolasco: 7-7, 5.00ERA vs. Joe Blanton: 7-5, 4.02ERA

Lineups: TBA

TV: Sun Sports / CSN Philadelphia

Radio: WAXY 790, WAQI 710 / WPHT 1210, WUBA 1480

MLB.com Game Preview

RALLY IMAGE

Game Thread Record: 3-4, 2-3 in 2009

We all know how big this series is.

Tonight's order, No Hermida

LF Chris Coghlan

1B Nick Johnson

SS Hanley Ramirez

3B Jorge Cantu

2B Dan Uggla

RF Ross Gload

CF Cody Ross

C John Baker

RHP Ricky Nolasco

Where'd you get that liineup?

theres quite a few places that it is up

no victorino or feliz for the phillies. just take things 1 game at a time and get back into this thing. we wont catch up to the phils, they are just clearly a better team, but i think we can still catch up to the giants/rockies. just go out there and win and the rest should take care of itself. we do need a nice little win streak though.

wait a second...gload in the lineup? and hermida...isnt?

WOOHOO! WOOHOO! WOOHOO!

i dont even care if gload goes 0-4 or 0-3 with a walk.

I just cant stand hermida anymore.

even whem he does well i cant appreciate it.

WOOHOO! WOOHOO! WOOHOO!

Hermida's hitting .290 in his last 15 games. Gload is 4 for his last 19 (.211).

WOOHOO! WOOHOO! WOOHOO!

hermida has also been terrible with risp and blown several games on his play alone, which is very tough to do in baseball. hes blown 2 games in the past week where all he had to do was put the ball in play and he struck out. hes been awful

WOOHOO! WOOHOO! WOOHOO!

hermida has also been terrible with risp and blown several games on his play alone, which is very tough to do in baseball. hes blown 2 games in the past week where all he had to do was put the ball in play and he struck out. hes been awful

And Gload has three pinch hits in his last ten attempts. He's done his job better than Hermida, right?

WOOHOO! WOOHOO! WOOHOO!

And Gload has three pinch hits in his last ten attempts. He's done his job better than Hermida, right?

ross gload is the league leader in pinch hits, id say yes, hes done his job. what does that have to do with what i said?

ross gload is the league leader in pinch hits, id say yes, hes done his job. what does that have to do with what i said?

You're saying Hermida hasn't done his job lately. I'm pointing out that Gload hasn't either. Do you pay attention?

You're saying Hermida hasn't done his job lately. I'm pointing out that Gload hasn't either. Do you pay attention?

how hasnt gload done his job lately? 3 for 10 while getting 1 ab every couple of games is pretty damn amazing. hermida has been below average offensively and terrible defensively all year. like ive been saying, the only way he would be a good player is if he is in a role as a platoon dh against righties

how hasnt gload done his job lately? 3 for 10 while getting 1 ab every couple of games is pretty damn amazing. hermida has been below average offensively and terrible defensively all year. like ive been saying, the only way he would be a good player is if he is in a role as a platoon dh against righties

Want a bigger sample? Gload is 7 for his last 27 and has had three starts over that span.

The only reason starting him today makes sense is because he has been good in his career vs the Phillies' starter.

Want a bigger sample? Gload is 7 for his last 27 and has had three starts over that span.

The only reason starting him today makes sense is because he has been good in his career vs the Phillies' starter.

you do realize 7 for 27 is better then hermidas season average right? most of those have pinch hits and gload has been terrific off the bench this year and deserves a shot with how awful hermida has been recently. like i said, single handedly blowing 2 games just in the past week

newpaper miami hearld call this do or die series we need play better and last time we play them

Pretty much. We lose this series and we are done. Simple as that.

Helms said we need to win all 3.