Without a question bringing Sheff and Livan will help our chances for the postseason. Both played for the 1997 champions and would love to repeat.

Such experience and leadership cannot be ignored. Livan eats innings like no other and every five days won't tax our pen .

Without a question bringing Sheff and Livan will help our chances for the postseason. Both played for the 1997 champions and would love to repeat.

Such experience and leadership cannot be ignored. Livan eats innings like no other and every five days won't tax our pen .

yes we need innings, but we also need quality innings. going 7 innings isnt gonna help if he is giving up 5-6 runs

yes we need innings, but we also need quality innings. going 7 innings isnt gonna help if he is giving up 5-6 runs

Yes, I agree on the quality innings, but what else is out there on the market that could be a fit?

that is the problem and i just went team by team of teams that could potentially be putting veterans on waivers anddidnt really see anybody who would be put on waivers who would really help us, but what about kevin correia? if the padres put him on waivers id say try to claim him. but back to livan, if he is the only one out there by the waiver deadline then fine, get him, but he isnt a great option.

Livan was just released by the NYM ,What do you guys think about giving him another chance with the fish?

i know he has not been good lately but he is got experience and maybe a second tour with the fish will do him good .....our 4th are 5th starters are not much better imo....

No way no way no way man. I am not giving Livan Hernandez "another chance" to come back to the fish. He gives up way way way too many hits. I mean he was the John Smoltz(when he was on the sox) of the NL. That's why the Mets released him. He is an awful pitcher. Not a chance.

how much does Garland Cost?

Jon Garland rhp

1 year/$7.25M (2009), plus 2010 mutual option

* 1 year/$7.25M (2009)

o signed by Arizona as a free agent 1/29/09

o 09:$6.25M, 10:$10M mutual option ($2.5M buyout if club declines, $1M buyout if player declines)

o if traded in 2009, new club may not offer arbitration if Garland ranks as a Type A free agent

So roughly a million this year and somewhere between another million and $2.5 million next year as option prices plus an out that equates to the acquiring team getting nothing in the amateur draft id he's a Type A.

Although the words "shall" and "may" mean different things in contract language than when we use them in conversation.