Guys this just doesn't add up. Have you seen Harden's contract? No way we claimed him. We didn't even go scout him, most articles are saying that the Twins were the ones to claim him. Okay someone with knowledge on waiver trades please answer this, I know the National League gets first dibs on snagging a player placed on waivers via the same league, since this is true, what team has the right to claim first? Dodgers,Rockies, Giants, or our beloved Marlins? I know we have a history of trading with the Cubbies, and they are an obvious trade partner. But first these questions need to be answered, and also I mention again we didn't even go scout the guy, why didn't we? Can this be for real? I don't want to get my hopes up again like I did when I almost cried when I heard the names Heath Bell and Adrian Gonzalez.....

Guys this just doesn't add up. Have you seen Harden's contract? No way we claimed him. We didn't even go scout him, most articles are saying that the Twins were the ones to claim him. Okay someone with knowledge on waiver trades please answer this, I know the National League gets first dibs on snagging a player placed on waivers via the same league, since this is true, what team has the right to claim first? Dodgers,Rockies, Giants, or our beloved Marlins? I know we have a history of trading with the Cubbies, and they are an obvious trade partner. But first these questions need to be answered, and also I mention again we didn't even go scout the guy, why didn't we? Can this be for real? I don't want to get my hopes up again like I did when I almost cried when I heard the names Heath Bell and Adrian Gonzalez.....

What's so bad about his contract? He's an FA at the end of the year and we'd only have to pay him about a mil. And yes, we'd get the rights to claim him before LA, COL, or SF.

And who says that we haven't had any scouts out there?

What's so bad about his contract? He's an FA at the end of the year and we'd only have to pay him about a mil. And yes, we'd get the rights to claim him before LA, COL, or SF.

ESPN!

ESPN!

look up the article my copy and paste fuction doesnt work.

ESPN!

The article doesn't say that. It says that they know that three NL West teams had scouts out there, not that there were no other scouts there.

ESPN!

The article doesn't say that. It says that they know that three NL West teams had scouts out there, not that there were no other scouts there.

Well I hope this happens, let see if it does.

The only way I think this works for the Marlins would be if there were one or two specific prospects the Cubs were interested from the Fish we were willing to part with to get Harden. Seems very far-fetched, otherwise there's so little time left, it would be hard to imagine a trade materializing out of thin air without forethought. personally I doubt a) the team is the Marlins or b) Harden gets moved under any circumstances.

Here's a crazy idea, would you take on Bradley's baggage and contract (going forward) to land Harden for six weeks (maybe ten) ala Beckett/Lowell (don't draw too much from the comparison it's just meant to be illustrative)? If you're Hendry is saving his new boss, the Ricketts family, $20 million+ (dumping Bradley) worth giving up two draft picks for (compensation the Cubs would get for Harden in the draft if he signs elsewhere next year)? Purely speculation, BS, crazy talk I know. But that's what we do here. :brigginbounce