Get like me

PitchingWinsGames

This might be silly, but I just dropped the Vikings defense. Picked up Mike Bell, as Pierre Thomas is more than likely not playing Week 1.

I need more people in the skill positions...hopefully, one of the RB's emerge.

I've decided to play matchups with my D/ST, weekly.

PWG jr, hahah

Someone dropped McGahee, so I dropped Marc Bulger and plan on keeping him as a sleeper for a while, see how things evolve in Baltimore.

McGahee was getting a lot of red zone carries during preseason. Pretty surprising since they have LeRon McClain, but McGahee should get some touches, too, apparently.

This might be silly, but I just dropped the Vikings defense. Picked up Mike Bell, as Pierre Thomas is more than likely not playing Week 1.

I need more people in the skill positions...hopefully, one of the RB's emerge.

I've decided to play matchups with my D/ST, weekly.

PWG jr, hahah

Someone dropped McGahee, so I dropped Marc Bulger and plan on keeping him as a sleeper for a while, see how things evolve in Baltimore.

McGahee was getting a lot of red zone carries during preseason. Pretty surprising since they have LeRon McClain, but McGahee should get some touches, too, apparently.

I expect (for what it's worth) and have read that McClain is going back to FB/Goal Line, Ray Rice is going to play 3rd downs and McGahee is going to do the yard eating. The trick will be using him in situations where he'll have the best chance at breaking runs for TDs... that and/or using him for trade value.

Whatever it is... it's not a nice situation to have with your RB. Just like having Ronnie Brown. He is capable of putting up phenomenal numbers and that's why he is considered one of the better RBs in the game, but he isn't a great fantasy option because of guys like Ricky Williams taking his carries. That being said Ronnie Brown is a good option with a later pick... it's just that most people tend to pick him earlier because they associate talent level with fantasy rank.

Whatever it is... it's not a nice situation to have with your RB. Just like having Ronnie Brown. He is capable of putting up phenomenal numbers and that's why he is considered one of the better RBs in the game, but he isn't a great fantasy option because of guys like Ricky Williams taking his carries. That being said Ronnie Brown is a good option with a later pick... it's just that most people tend to pick him earlier because they associate talent level with fantasy rank.

There are really only a handful of running backs, who won't be splitting carries. It's not as if he took McGahee early in the draft or something.

There are really only a handful of running backs, who won't be splitting carries. It's not as if he took McGahee early in the draft or something.

Yes, but Williams gets carries in the endzone and gets receptions. And he takes a good load of carries, more than average for a #2 I'd think.

And yeah, I understand he didn't draft McGahee, but the point I was trying to say was to be careful because he could have some blank weeks regardless of who they play.

And yeah, I understand he didn't draft McGahee, but the point I was trying to say was to be careful because he could have some blank weeks regardless of who they play.

He's literally my 5th RB... at this point, he's extreme depth/trade bait/play against a team that is miserable against the run... What'd I lose? Marc Bulger, who would only start 1 week for my anyways?

Im trying something COMPLETELY differently this year, I've done well in most leagues I've played in, consistently a top team, Im just trying something to keep the game fresh to me.

I'm having a monster first week, led by Drew Brees' performance.

Winning 126-84 right now. I have Fred Jackson and the Chargers D/ST left. The guy I'm playing, though, has Greg Jennings, Vincent Jackson, Greg Olsen, the Pats D/ST, and Nate Kaeding left to play, though. So I don't know, lol.

Btw, Willis McGahee had a solid week, PWG.

I'm having a not-so-solid week. Andre Johnson didn't show up... Eddie Royal didn't show up... Aaron Rodgers barely showed up... Baltimore D didn't show up... Dallas Clark didn't show up... Derrick Mason didnt show up... but the biggest question mark did indeed show up. Thomas Jones. So score one for me.

And I've still got LT. Mr. Monday Night ;)

It's a close match right now for me.

And you have an injured McNabb on the bench, the irony tickles my funny bone

Actually, my team is banged up, period. Anthony Gonzalez and Kevin Walter are also hurt (along with Pierre Thomas and Marshawn Lynch).

But I've also had a monster week.

If I wanted McGahee I could easily get him...he's a free agent in my league. But my running backs didn't do half bad, this week. I started Cedric Benson and Mike Bell (flex), and they had solid weeks. Cadillac Williams had a solid week on the bench. Interested to see what Fred Jackson does tonight, but I think I have some depth, at least...especially when I get my 2 best backs back!

And McNabb is only missing like a week, no?

Anyways, I'm dropping Kevin Walter soon to pick up another receiver. Still deciding on who...the best out there right now is Issac Bruce.

And you have an injured McNabb on the bench, the irony tickles my funny bone

Actually, my team is banged up, period. Anthony Gonzalez and Kevin Walter are also hurt (along with Pierre Thomas and Marshawn Lynch).

But I've also had a monster week.

If I wanted McGahee I could easily get him...he's a free agent in my league. But my running backs didn't do half bad, this week. I started Cedric Benson and Mike Bell (flex), and they had solid weeks. Cadillac Williams had a solid week on the bench. Interested to see what Fred Jackson does tonight, but I think I have some depth, at least...especially when I get my 2 best backs back!

And McNabb is only missing like a week, no?

Anyways, I'm dropping Kevin Walter soon to pick up another receiver. Still deciding on who...the best out there right now is Issac Bruce.

Bruce should replicate last year's numbers easily, barring injury, you should know what to expect

Isaac Bruce I've held for years. Every year people expect him to slow down.. but it hasn't happened.

And Erick!!!! I told you! McNabb might miss 3 weeks or more. His ribs/abdomen have been a chronic problem. I told you to get rid of him man! you are having Hasselbeckitis.

Why do you guys keep saying this?

Link?

All I've read states that they're not even ruling him out yet for this week against New Orleans (which doesn't matter, at this point, b/c I'm starting Brees, anyways).

Are there some problems with my team? Yeah. But it's nicer to have those problems, when you're now 1-0 ( ), and leading in points, with the 157 I got this week. The closest guy to me in points was my opponent this week, who got 137.

Of course it's going to get tougher...I'm not going to get New Orleans against the Lions every week.

Next week should be a better test. Btw, I'm not sticking with the Chargers D/ST after tonight. They got me 7 points, but I thought they looked pretty weak, and I expected better. They couldn't stop the run at all, and got minimal pressure on the QB. I'll have to decide, based on week 2 matchups, who I'll pick up, but I'm not staying with the Bolts. As far as the receiver postion...still not sure, either. Isaac Bruce looks like the logical choice, right now, though.

Here's how we're rolling this week, 1-0 on the year after a nail-biting 88-80 first week victory

Dropped Muhsin 'cause Delhomme must be color blind and be unable to throw to his own team, picked up Lou Murphy... if he can have a good game against the Chargers, he can do it against the Chiefs/Broncos too

Dropped the Bears DST on the heels of Urlacher's injury and picked up the Falcons. DST will be mostly patchwork this year, but I expected it anyways.

McGahee found himself on the trade block.

Here's how we're rolling this week, 1-0 on the year after a nail-biting 88-80 first week victory

Dropped Muhsin 'cause Delhomme must be color blind and be unable to throw to his own team, picked up Lou Murphy... if he can have a good game against the Chargers, he can do it against the Chiefs/Broncos too

Dropped the Bears DST on the heels of Urlacher's injury and picked up the Falcons. DST will be mostly patchwork this year, but I expected it anyways.

McGahee found himself on the trade block.

I was just about to pick up Murphy, but I still don't like the fact that he has JaMarcus Russell throwing him the ball.

Thus, I picked up the consistent, Issac Bruce.

I also dropped the Chargers defense, and added the Redskins defense, this week.

My moves this week:

Dropped Chargers D/ST; Added Redskins D/ST.

Dropped Kevin Walter; Added Issac Bruce.

Dropped Anthony Gonzalez; Added Joey Galloway.

Dropped Jeremy Shockey; Added Zach Miller.

My Week 2 starting lineup...

QB - Drew Brees (at PHI)

RB - Fred Jackson (vs. TB)

RB - ???

RB/WR - Issac Bruce (vs. SEA)

WR - Andre Johnson (at TEN)

WR - Marques Colston (at PHI)

TE - Zach Miller (at KC)

D/ST - Redskins (vs. STL)

K - John Carney (at PHI)

I'm still undecided for the 2nd RB spot. Cedric Benson on the road against Green Bay, or Cadillac Williams on the road against Buffalo? I'm not starting Mike Bell or Pierre Thomas this week against Philly, as they are going to take carries away from each other, so I want to see how that plays out, before I start, either one. Benson is facing a better defense than Cadillac, but Cadillac splits carries with Derrick Ward, while Benson splits carries with no one.

Go with Cadillac. I expect us to run the ball even more this week since Antonio Bryant is out injured.

Also, I know Miller is pretty good but why did you drop Shockey? He has shown in the past, and last week that he can be a top tier Tight End, and with Drew Brees throwing him the ball, he can be a major fantasy scorer every week.

My roster--- 1 pts for 25 yards rushing, recieving, returning----6 pts for passing, rushing, recieveing, returning td's. 1 pt for every 50 yards passing.

Drew Brees QB (Number 3 overall) wanted a bad ass and behind peterson on my personal rankings.

Steven Jackson RB (3rd Round)

Kevin Smith RB DET (5th RD)

Reggie Wayne WR (2nd Round)

Terrell Owens WR(4th Round)

Joshua Cribbs WR/RET(Free Agency)

Darren Mcfadden FLEX (Round 6)

Vicente Shincoe (Free Agency, I always like Favres TE's, and he was just dropped after goin in the 10th round)

Mason Crosby K

Minnesota D (7th Round, I wanted a top D and Pitt was already off the board)

Reserves

Rashard Mendenhall (Round 13) (Parker usually goes down, and RM can be a TD Vulture, so it's a decent risk)

Darius Heyward Bey (Round 10) (High Upside evident on the double teams he took vs. San Diego, reminds me of Bowe)

Beanie Wells (Round 14) (Can be a Vulture this year, if not the starter)

Ahmad Bradshaw (Free Agency) (Wanted B.Jacobs backup since he always gets hurt for a few games)

Brett Farve (Free Agency after he came back)(Great Matchup week 5, brees bye week)

Chris Henry (Free Agency)

Robert Meachum (Free Agency)

Chargers DST (Always try to get them)

From what you can tell, I didn't get the RB's I wanted and none I felt were worth the 3 overall pick.

I am trying to piece 3 RB's out of the 6 or 7 I have, and build from there, but as long as Brees throws 3 TD's and 350 Yards, I'll be in the game each week. Way too many risks then i'd like (Smith, Owens, Shincoe, Mcfadden) but I feel I can win with them.

Usually, I like to draft 4 RB's in the first 5 rounds, with a QB mixed in around round 3. I originally targeted Rivers figuring I would be drafting 7th.

In the top 3 picks, my order of preference was Peterson, Brees, Manning. No RB was worth the 3 overall pick I felt, as Forte is a risk, LT is on the backslide, and D.Williams is a chance to bust. Turner will be focused on this year, as evidenced by week 1's game vs Miami. Matt Ryan doesnt scare anyone.

Go with Cadillac. I expect us to run the ball even more this week since Antonio Bryant is out injured.

Also, I know Miller is pretty good but why did you drop Shockey? He has shown in the past, and last week that he can be a top tier Tight End, and with Drew Brees throwing him the ball, he can be a major fantasy scorer every week.

Shockey also played against the Lions.

Zach Miller is an underrated TE, in my opinion. He's the only target that JaMarcus Russell has been able to find with consistency, in his time in Oakland. I expect a solid season from him, starting this week against a weak KC defense.