Get like me

PitchingWinsGames

I preach this everywhere I go. Degeneration sucks. Nobody in their right mind is willing to trade 1 player for 3 players, each of lesser value, that add up to the better player. A #2 WR, a #2 RB, and a questionable starting RB for a definite starting RB who will also rack up plenty of receptions and all purpose yards...

Terrible... terrible trade. You get what you give, remember. You are not giving anything good. Dont expect an avg. top 5 pick to come your way for a bunch of scrap pieces that most people got around the 9th and 10th rounds.

I preach this everywhere I go. Degeneration sucks. Nobody in their right mind is willing to trade 1 player for 3 players, each of lesser value, that add up to the better player. A #2 WR, a #2 RB, and a questionable starting RB for a definite starting RB who will also rack up plenty of receptions and all purpose yards...

Terrible... terrible trade. You get what you give, remember. You are not giving anything good. Dont expect an avg. top 5 pick to come your way for a bunch of scrap pieces that most people got around the 9th and 10th rounds.

Reason why I'm trading those 3 for Forte is becuase he has no RB's behind Forte and it is a keeper league. So Bradshaw and Mendenhall or Buckhalter can be useful.

Buckhalter and Bradshaw ran for 100 yards this week too, the second week in a row for Buckhalter.

I also was offered

Johnathan Stewart and Antonio Gates for Glen Coffee and Manningham. What do you think of that. It's a keeper league remember. I don't have much of a reading on this. I like the stability at TE Gates will bring, but Coffee could be a great starter fro week 4 and 5 and possibly beyond.

Johnathan Stewart and Antonio Gates and all you have to give up is Coffee and Manningham? Take it and laugh all the way to the end of the season. Coffee is useful for about 2 weeks. Gore's injury will keep him out for 2 weeks plus a bye week. Sure, there is a chance he gets reinjured, but you should never bet on that in a trade. Stewart is probably the best #2 RB in the league to have fantasy wise.

Johnathan Stewart and Antonio Gates and all you have to give up is Coffee and Manningham? Take it and laugh all the way to the end of the season. Coffee is useful for about 2 weeks. Gore's injury will keep him out for 2 weeks plus a bye week. Sure, there is a chance he gets reinjured, but you should never bet on that in a trade. Stewart is probably the best #2 RB in the league to have fantasy wise.

Stewart is not the best #2 RB fantasy wise.

The bottom line here is Gates or Manningham. Honestly, this might sound stupid, but the Giants have already shown that Manningham is going to get targets/receptions/has big play ability. He's a good #3 receiver/upside #2 receiver to have.

Gates is obviously a top-notch TE, but if there's an easy skill position to fill this year, it's TE. Not sure if Piazza is in a 10 or 12 team league, but especially if it's a 10...there's gotta be a couple TE's in free agency that are great pickups. Heck, who's your TE, right now (Piazza)?

The bottom line here is Gates or Manningham. Honestly, this might sound stupid, but the Giants have already shown that Manningham is going to get targets/receptions/has big play ability. He's a good #3 receiver/upside #2 receiver to have.

Gates is obviously a top-notch TE, but if there's an easy skill position to fill this year, it's TE. Not sure if Piazza is in a 10 or 12 team league, but especially if it's a 10...there's gotta be a couple TE's in free agency that are great pickups. Heck, who's your TE, right now (Piazza)?

then who is? Certainly isnt LenDale White anymore...

Felix Jones? Donald Brown? Ray Rice? etc., etc., etc.

It all depends what your definition is of a "#2 RB on a team." To me, it's #2 on the depth chart.

Felix Jones? Donald Brown? Ray Rice? etc., etc., etc.

It all depends what your definition is of a "#2 RB on a team." To me, it's #2 on the depth chart.

Guys like Ray Rice though are guys who are getting carries and are essentially splitting carries. Stewart is the best backup, in my opinion. Someone who is not playing, or somewhere where there is a definite starter, rather.

My tight end is Shiancoe, with Heap on the waiver wire.

Right now my team is pretty much this-- 10 team keeper league in its first season

QB Brees

RB- Steven Jackson

RB Kevin Smith

WR Reggie Wayne

WR Terrell Owens

WR 3 (Manningham, Mason, Johnny Knox,

Flex Darren McFadden

TE Vicente Shiancoe

K Mason Crosby

DST Vikings

Bench

QB-Brett Farve

RB-Correll Buckhalter

RB-Glenn Coffee

RB-Ahmad Bradshaw

RB-Rashard Mendenhall

WR-Derrek Mason

WR-Mario Manningham

WR Johnny Knox

DST Chargers

Notable off the FA wire- Fred Taylor, Todd Heap, Anthony Gonzalez.

My plan I guess is to do this trade (Gates/Stewart), Drop Shiancoe next week (3 moves a week) pick up F. Taylor and see where that leaves me.

My keepers are more then likely going to be 3, with a 4th being a current rookie this year. I'm thinking Brees, Wayne, Jackson and Knox if he performs. Maybe Brees and 3 RB's.

Couple of quick questions - The "Other" Steve Smith @ KC or Kevin Walter v Oakland? And Jets DST @ NO, GB DST @ MIN or should I pick up SF DST v STL? Having 3 DST on my roster is a bit strange however.

Kevin Walter for sure. Dont go with the Jets D, too risky. Go with GB or SF. Not a very good case for you.

Okay here is my dillema...

RB's

Glenn Coffee @ STL

LaDanian Tomlinson @ PIT

Thomas Jones @ NO

Start 2... right now I have Jones and Coffee because LT is not cleared to play... but assuming LT is cleared I have 3 worthy starters this week... I want to start Coffee...

Couple of quick questions - The "Other" Steve Smith @ KC or Kevin Walter v Oakland? And Jets DST @ NO, GB DST @ MIN or should I pick up SF DST v STL? Having 3 DST on my roster is a bit strange however.

Kevin Walter

And I'd drop GB and pick up SF/start SF this week.

Kevin Walter for sure. Dont go with the Jets D, too risky. Go with GB or SF. Not a very good case for you.

Okay here is my dillema...

RB's

Glenn Coffee @ STL

LaDanian Tomlinson @ PIT

Thomas Jones @ NO

Start 2... right now I have Jones and Coffee because LT is not cleared to play... but assuming LT is cleared I have 3 worthy starters this week... I want to start Coffee...

Glen Coffee/Thomas Jones

That's what I am with right now... but LT is soooo dueee! And he is my #2 pick.

I'm also stuck with Eddie Royal. Luckily enough my team is good enough where that I can play my slumpers and still win. Great to have Aaron Rodgers, Dallas Clark, Ryan Longwell, and Baltimore D. They've kept my team up while my #1, #2, #3, and #5 picks have fluttered (Andre Johnson, LT, Thomas Jones, Eddie Royal).

That's what I am with right now... but LT is soooo dueee! And he is my #2 pick.

I'm also stuck with Eddie Royal. Luckily enough my team is good enough where that I can play my slumpers and still win. Great to have Aaron Rodgers, Dallas Clark, Ryan Longwell, and Baltimore D. They've kept my team up while my #1, #2, #3, and #5 picks have fluttered (Andre Johnson, LT, Thomas Jones, Eddie Royal).

Even if he is and he plays, he's still playing against one of the more consistently good run defenses in the league. And he won't be the everydown back, either, as Sproles will get his share of touches.

Oh I know... which is why I had the other two set to start originally.

At WR I am definitely playing Andre Johnson and I'm definitely playing Derrick Mason. Though spot #3 is up in the air for Ginn Jr.(BUF), Isaac Bruce(STL), Eddie Royal(DAL), and Antwaan Randle El(TB).

Right now the spot is going to Isaac Bruce in my head... Royal is definitely due for a game but I'm sick of him. I'd rather sit him on the becnh until he starts to produce and lose 1 week of production. Randle El is a huge throw in the dark. Ginn as well, anything can happen with Henne. Put it this way... if all goes well for Miami... Henne will be a stronger QB than CP and Ginn will suceed. But all is not well in Miami at this moment, so Bruce looks to be my man.

Got a lot of stock on SF this week.

Dr Beinfest - I would go with Coffee and Jones. I know LT is one of your supposed studs but I would give it 1 more week before I activate him, just to see if he can even last a full game without getting hurt again. San Diego has evolved from a running team to a pass first team since they have a fantastic QB in Rivers, and I expect them to try and exploit the secondary where Polamalu usually plays.

A little late, but here's my Week 4 lineup.

QB-Drew Brees (vs. NYJ)

RB-Cedric Benson (@ CLE)

RB-Tashard Choice (@ DEN)

Flex-Rashard Mendenhall (vs. SD)

WR-Andre Johnson (vs. OAK)

WR-Santana Moss (vs. TB)

TE-Owen Daniels (vs. OAK)

D/ST-Bengals (@ CLE)

K-John Carney (vs. NYJ)

My pickups this week were Tashard Choice (on waivers) and Rashard Mendenhall (who I had dropped last week...picked him back up after hearing about Willie Parker's injury). My drop's were Kevin Faulk and Justin Forsett.

I'm so happy that I am a Derrick Mason owner on 2 of my 3 teams. He's been electrifying the past 2 games.

Very annoyed though... ESPN was being slow today and everytime I tried to sign in it gave me an internet explorer page not found garbage... right around 1 o'clock. Nartually I was not able to change Derrick Ward for Cadillac Williams... go figure.

But I played Kevin Walter, so go me :)

heres a team I have on a 10 team public yahoo league.

QB Peyton Manning

WR Andre Johnson

WR Desean Jackson (on bye this week)

WR Santana Moss

RB Maurice Jones Drew

RB Frank Gore (currently being traded though and I have Willis McGahee to fill in)

TE Jason Witten

K Rob Bironas

D/ST Eagles

I am 3-0 and have been the top scorer each week so far. I have a combined 387.22 points and 2nd place has only 285.34 points.

the trade Gore is in is to get Calvin Johnson, I started with first pick and had AP, Matt Schaub, and Wes Welker originally but then I traded those 3 for Peyton Manning, MJD, and Desean Jackson. I have Pierre Garcon as a backup WR (starting him this week since Jackson is on bye)

Swept the board full of wins again this week, gone to 3-1, 3-1, 4-0. The 4-0 being probably the worst win out of any other win, in the MB.com league. Nasty, nasty performance. And ESPN.com has been having technical issues all day not letting me sign in to change Derrick Ward for Cadillac Williams, essentially making me lose 9 points, but I still won so its no big deal.

I hope I didnt just absolutely jinx the living hell out of that btw, it's not official in this league just yet. 20 point lead and the opponent has Green Bay defense while I have Greg Jennings and Mason Crosby.

Nice 3-1 start... tied for 1st in my 10 team. 30 dollar/1 dollar transaction league. 4 teams 3-1, 2 at 2-2 and 4 at 1-3. I'd say 6 guys in my league know what they're doing and 4 don't. My team is stacked but theres also other stacked teams. Theres a few stinkers

My team:

QB Schaub

RB A Peterson

RB S Jackson

WR C Johnson

WR Roddy

WR Santonio

TE Gates

K K Brown (waiver)

DST Bears

Bench:

QB Cutler

RB Gore (trade)

RB D Brown

WR K Walter (waiver)

TE V Davis (waiver)

DST Eagles (waiver)

I think my waiver wire expenses are done for the season at 5 bucks... barring injuries knock. One guy is already at 10 bucks 4 weeks in. lol

Have had some good fortune with my pickups. For some reason a guy bailed on Walter when he was hurt and I swooped him up when others jumped on other receivers that week. The eagles got dropped due to their bye week and i jumped on that.. worked great since bears are off this week.. now i'll play the matchups rest of the way.. Got davis for gates bye week early in the year now i'll hold him so nobody else has him. Took advantage of circumstances with the gore trade. Love my team!