9/23 Post Game

gizmo

Closers role overrated :lol

What happened to him anyway? Has everyone just figured him out? He had the umpire in his pocket and he still blew it.

Remember, he was "Light Out Lidge" until this before sucking for a few years in Houston. He then went to Philly, had a good year, and then reverted right back to Lidge. He's got a case of the nerves, I think.

Closers role overrated :lol

How does that prove that it isn't? If it had been Lidge in the 8th and he blew the game then, would it matter? A bad pitcher is a bad pitcher.

Oh, I don't know Rab because he blew the save and lost the game when they should have won.

He didn't pitch the 8th so it doesn't matter.

Just goes to show you that perfection one year doesn't equal perfection the next....could that mean that players are human?

Either way good win and the closers role wasn't overrated tonight, that is if you were a phillies fan.

Sorry if this is a bit off-topic but this thought just popped into my head thinking about his game-winning at-bat and his other clutch hits for us this year.

Is anyone else really excited about the prospect of Brett Carroll winning the RF job out of spring training next year?

Assuming Coghlan switches back to the infield:

Ross - LF

Maybin - CF

Carroll - RF

Best defensive outfield in the league?

He has had some amazing clutch hits for us this year, and he's starting to show his power too. Really hopeful that he gets a shot and puts it all together.

Carroll should have already been in the starting lineup all year this year. Its the same thing with Ross a few years ago. They are afraid to play him everyday or something, i dunno.

It's because the fans and management have some sick love affair with bums with "potential".

Meanwhile it's been forever and guys like Hermida still stink it up all season long.