Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2010 Top of Lineup

Featured Replies

I'm still holding out a little hope that Nick Johnson might be back.

 

 

I wish he was back to but his reputation of "The man of glass" wasn't excatly shattered this year. I think he missed more games than he played for us. We can't have that, especially as thin as our organization is because of Loria. Our bench has to have productive players or we are screwed like this year.

1. Coghlan 2B

2. Maybin CF

3. Ramirez SS

4. Cantu 3B

5. Morrison LF

6. Ross RF

7. Baker C

8. Sanchez 1B

 

That's the lineup I'd like to see, unless we can somehow afford Johnson. I really don't want to hand Sanchez a job again, make him earn it. And I can't imagine this team without Morrison in the lineup very, very soon.

1. Coghlan 2B

2. Maybin CF

3. Ramirez SS

4. Cantu 3B

5. Morrison LF

6. Ross RF

7. Baker C

8. Sanchez 1B

 

That's the lineup I'd like to see, unless we can somehow afford Johnson. I really don't want to hand Sanchez a job again, make him earn it. And I can't imagine this team without Morrison in the lineup very, very soon.

 

 

 

Wow, surprising. Your opinions on Emilio Bonifacio becoming the next Luis Castillo sure did change since your disappearing act.

1. Coghlan 2B

2. Maybin CF

3. Ramirez SS

4. Cantu 3B

5. Morrison LF

6. Ross RF

7. Baker C

8. Sanchez 1B

 

That's the lineup I'd like to see, unless we can somehow afford Johnson. I really don't want to hand Sanchez a job again, make him earn it. And I can't imagine this team without Morrison in the lineup very, very soon.

 

 

I wish the Fredi plays Gaby next season. I really feel like he can be another Nick Johnson.

1. Coghlan 2B

2. Maybin CF

3. Ramirez SS

4. Cantu 3B

5. Morrison LF

6. Ross RF

7. Baker C

8. Sanchez 1B

 

That's the lineup I'd like to see, unless we can somehow afford Johnson. I really don't want to hand Sanchez a job again, make him earn it. And I can't imagine this team without Morrison in the lineup very, very soon.

 

Playoffs?.I think not.

Playoffs?.I think not.

 

Potentially contending next year is going to have absolutely nothing to do with the position players.

 

If Johnson pitches like 2009, Ricky like second half of 2009/2008, and the cumulation of Volstad, West, Miller, Anibal, and whoever can take a step forward into low 4.00 eravilles over a significant amount of innings, this team will be very very good.

 

It's all about the pitching. The bats are going to hit enough.

Playoffs?.I think not.

 

Potentially contending next year is going to have absolutely nothing to do with the position players.

 

If Johnson pitches like 2009, Ricky like second half of 2009/2008, and the cumulation of Volstad, West, Miller, Anibal, and whoever can take a step forward into low 4.00 eravilles over a significant amount of innings, this team will be very very good.

 

It's all about the pitching. The bats are going to hit enough.

Sorry no playoffs with that lineup.Not 2010 at least.

Playoffs?.I think not.

 

Potentially contending next year is going to have absolutely nothing to do with the position players.

 

If Johnson pitches like 2009, Ricky like second half of 2009/2008, and the cumulation of Volstad, West, Miller, Anibal, and whoever can take a step forward into low 4.00 eravilles over a significant amount of innings, this team will be very very good.

 

It's all about the pitching. The bats are going to hit enough.

Sorry no playoffs with that lineup.Not 2010 at least.

Playoffs?.I think not.

 

Potentially contending next year is going to have absolutely nothing to do with the position players.

 

If Johnson pitches like 2009, Ricky like second half of 2009/2008, and the cumulation of Volstad, West, Miller, Anibal, and whoever can take a step forward into low 4.00 eravilles over a significant amount of innings, this team will be very very good.

 

It's all about the pitching. The bats are going to hit enough.

Sorry no playoffs with that lineup.Not 2010 at least.

 

 

Yeah, maybe if the Fish had John Burkett pitching we'd make it.

I think our lineup key point is Boni... (Boni was horrilbe as a 3b, so he could make a spot of 2b or super backup.)

 

A. If we put Boni on 2b (as no.8), Coghlan keep putting on LF. And we'll confirm 'Coghlan-Maybin-Ross' outfield depth.

(speedy lineup, but still questionable for Boni can make it through one season long. Need a backup middle infielder.)

 

B. we put Coghlan on 2b, then Boni moves to if/of backup roll. Need an additional conner outfielder. (maybe Morrison or BC or De Aza etc.)

(1) If we decide putting Morrison on LF, we need Gaby Sanchez or another conner infielder.

(2) If we put FA guy (not Morrison) on LF, Morrison and Gaby or another conner infielder will fight for regular 1b.

1. LF Chris Coghlan

2. 3B Akinori Iwamura

3. SS Hanley Ramirez

4. RF Brian Giles/Xavier Nady

5. CF Cameron Maybin

6. 2B Adam Kennedy

7. 1b G.Sanchez

8. C Baker

  • Author

1. LF Chris Coghlan

2. 3B Akinori Iwamura

3. SS Hanley Ramirez

4. RF Brian Giles/Xavier Nady

5. CF Cameron Maybin

6. 2B Adam Kennedy

7. 1b G.Sanchez

8. C Baker

 

 

Excuse me?

1. LF Chris Coghlan

2. 3B Akinori Iwamura

3. SS Hanley Ramirez

4. RF Brian Giles/Xavier Nady

5. CF Cameron Maybin

6. 2B Adam Kennedy

7. 1b G.Sanchez

8. C Baker

 

 

Excuse me?

 

Oooooh! Can I?

 

1. lf Pete Rose

2. 2b Joe Morgan

3. cf Cesar Cedeno

4. 1b Hank Aaron

5. rf Billy Williams

6. c Johnny Bench

7. 3b Ron Santo

8. ss Chris Speier

9. p Rick Wise

 

Now that is a lineup I would like to see!

I actually do wonder about Brian Giles as a cheap pick up. I mean, the market for him will be horrible. He'll be a 39 year old coming off a season where he was worse than Emilio Bonifacio, where he's defense took a big fall, coming off an injury to a knee he's already had surgery on, and he's market took a huge crash last season. He's going to get, what, 1 mil, maybe some incentives? And that's probably as a bench bat for someone like Boston, where as he'd have a chance to start here. He's basically a Nick Johnson clone, and could replicate what NJ would give us for a lot lot cheaper.

 

However, he's also a 39 year old coming off a season where he was worse than Emilio Bonifacio, he's defense took a huge fall, and he's coming of an injury to a knee he's already had surgery on.

I actually do wonder about Brian Giles as a cheap pick up. I mean, the market for him will be horrible. He'll be a 39 year old coming off a season where he was worse than Emilio Bonifacio, where he's defense took a big fall, coming off an injury to a knee he's already had surgery on, and he's market took a huge crash last season. He's going to get, what, 1 mil, maybe some incentives? And that's probably as a bench bat for someone like Boston, where as he'd have a chance to start here. He's basically a Nick Johnson clone, and could replicate what NJ would give us for a lot lot cheaper.

 

However, he's also a 39 year old coming off a season where he was worse than Emilio Bonifacio, he's defense took a huge fall, and he's coming of an injury to a knee he's already had surgery on.

 

 

 

I would absolutely take a chance on Brian Giles. Put a bat like his in LF and move Coghlan to 2B.

1. LF Chris Coghlan

2. 3B Akinori Iwamura

3. SS Hanley Ramirez

4. RF Brian Giles/Xavier Nady

5. CF Cameron Maybin

6. 2B Adam Kennedy

7. 1b G.Sanchez

8. C Baker

 

 

Excuse me?

 

Oooooh! Can I?

 

1. lf Pete Rose

2. 2b Joe Morgan

3. cf Cesar Cedeno

4. 1b Hank Aaron

5. rf Billy Williams

6. c Johnny Bench

7. 3b Ron Santo

8. ss Chris Speier

9. p Rick Wise

 

Now that is a lineup I would like to see!

Close, but I rather have Hanley.

Oooooh! Can I?

 

1. lf Pete Rose

2. 2b Joe Morgan

3. cf Cesar Cedeno

4. 1b Hank Aaron

5. rf Billy Williams

6. c Johnny Bench

7. 3b Ron Santo

8. ss Chris Speier

9. p Rick Wise

 

Now that is a lineup I would like to see!

 

Close, but I rather have Hanley.

 

Hanley wasn't born yet :-)

Oooooh! Can I?

 

1. lf Pete Rose

2. 2b Joe Morgan

3. cf Cesar Cedeno

4. 1b Hank Aaron

5. rf Billy Williams

6. c Johnny Bench

7. 3b Ron Santo

8. ss Chris Speier

9. p Rick Wise

 

Now that is a lineup I would like to see!

 

Close, but I rather have Hanley.

 

Hanley wasn't born yet :-)

You'd be surprised.

 

Also, instead of Billy Williams, can we get Billy Dee Williams? I know that Lando can just slug it.

i give us a small chance of like 2% of keeping nick johnson unless other teams are really afraid of his past injuries. and i just think it would be retarded to move coghlan from leadoff since he's done so well to get on base and maybin could cause problems for the opposition with his speed to run out bunts. people might think this lineup is stupid but i personally like it.

 

LF - Coghlan

CF - Maybin

SS - Hanley

3B - Cantu

C - Baker

RF - Ross

1B - Morrison (i think he'll destroy the ball in spring training)

2B - Bonifacio (unless we find a cheap better option at 2nd)

Oooooh! Can I?

 

1. lf Pete Rose

2. 2b Joe Morgan

3. cf Cesar Cedeno

4. 1b Hank Aaron

5. rf Billy Williams

6. c Johnny Bench

7. 3b Ron Santo

8. ss Chris Speier

9. p Rick Wise

 

Now that is a lineup I would like to see!

 

Close, but I rather have Hanley.

 

Hanley wasn't born yet :-)

You'd be surprised.

 

Also, instead of Billy Williams, can we get Billy Dee Williams? I know that Lando can just slug it.

And hes as cool as the other side of the pillow.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.