College Football Thread - 2009 Week 7

Orlando Rays

Boise State's stay outside the pool didn't last long. but USC and Ohio State--the perennial BCS chokers--are nipping at their heels. They also decided to add Notre Dame to the Top 25 party.

1) Florida (50), 5-0, 1490

2) Alabama (10), 6-0, 1430

3) Texas, 5-0, 1395

4) Virginia Tech, 5-1, 1283

5) Boise State, 5-0, 1199

6) USC, 4-1, 1161

7) Ohio State, 5-1, 1048

8) Cincinnati, 5-0, 1038

9) Miami, 4-1, 970

10) LSU, 5-1, 947

11) Iowa, 6-0, 919

12) TCU, 5-0, 917

13) Oregon, 5-1, 776

14) Penn State, 5-1, 597

15) Nebraska, 4-1, 576

16) Oklahoma State, 4-1, 559

17) Kansas, 5-0, 551

18) Brigham Young, 5-1, 490

19) Georgia Tech, 5-1, 453

20) Oklahoma, 3-2, 432

21) USF, 5-0, 330

22) South Carolina, 5-1, 319

23) Houston, 4-1, 192

24) Utah, 4-1, 76

25) Notre Dame, 4-1, 75

Dropping: Auburn 17, Mississippi 20, Missouri 24

Results for the Florida schools:

#1 Florida (4-0) beat #4 LSU (5-0), 13-3

#11 Miami (4-1) beat Florida A&M (4-1), 48-16

#23 USF (5-0) was idle

UCF (3-2) was idle

FSU (2-4) lost to #22 Georgia Tech (5-1), 49-44

FIU (1-4) beat Western Kentucky (0-5), 37-20

FAU (0-4) was idle

Week 6 Schedule for Florida schools

#1 Florida (5-0) vs. Arkansas (3-2), Saturday, October 17 @ 3:30pm

#9 Miami (4-1) @ UCF (3-2), Saturday, October 17 @ 7:30pm

#21 USF (5-0) vs. #8 Cincinnati (5-0), Thursday, October 15 @ 7:30pm

FSU (2-4) is idle (and if they're smart, they'll fire Bobby Bowden :mischief)

FIU (1-4) vs. Troy (3-2), Saturday, October 17 @ 7:00pm

FAU (0-4) @ North Texas (1-4), Saturday, October 17 @ 7:00pm

Well i got to Admit it that win was impressive and UF can hang with the best of em after all of the hating given for playing unranked teams.

Looking for Miami to get to 5-1 after what should be a decent game vs USF

You mean UCF. And I'll be at that game cheering on my UCF Knights!

I am going to be bold and say both FAU and FIU win this week. I will actually say 5 out of the 6 Florida teams will win (with only UCF losing)

Well you predicted our first win last week and it happened.... so hopefully you are right again lol. It will huge if we beat Troy.

Well i got to Admit it that win was impressive and UF can hang with the best of em after all of the hating given for playing unranked teams.

Well then I don't expect a decent game lol :p I thought they were playing the USF Bulls.

Well then I don't expect a decent game lol :p I thought they were playing the USF Bulls.

Oh we will see my friend.....It wasn't exactly a blowout when they played last year.

Oh we will see my friend.....It wasn't exactly a blowout when they played last year.

But we also did not have as good as an offense with Jacory Harris under center last year. I'm hoping for a closer game(7-13 points) but I feel like it will be a blowout.

UCF didn't even have a quarterback last year. It will be a close game, count on it.

But we also did not have as good as an offense with Jacory Harris under center last year. I'm hoping for a closer game(7-13 points) but I feel like it will be a blowout.

UCF didn't even have a quarterback last year. It will be a close game, count on it.

What do you consider close, two touchdowns?

What do you consider close, two touchdowns?

10 point margin.

Damn... was hoping USF would pull that one out. I think we'll see Boise continually get leap frogged by a team each week. Should see USC jump them this week after they embarrass notre dame

Wisconsin favored by 3 over the Hawks... really nervous about the game. At least my liver can take a break on the away game.. well maybe not.

The biggest game of the day for UM is not their game, but VT at GT. If Virginia Tech wins that game, there is almost no chance the canes can catch them to play in the acc title game.

The ideal scenario for the canes is a Texas loss, USC loss and a VT loss. That would force a three way tie in the ACC and move them up a few spots in the polls.

What a saturday... hawks now on the inside track for the rose bowl. BIG game at michigan state next week.. if we get by with a W there, we are home to northwestern and indiana... so we get by MSU, looking at 10-0 going into ohio state. unbelieveable.. love it! 7-0